1/18/2013

NEWSWEEK Compares Obama to Christ

Filed under: General — Patterico @ 5:09 pm

Nothing these people do surprises me any more:

I’m tempted to take the name of the Obama in vain.

1. boyfriend can’t deliver a budget that’s for sure

Comment by happyfeet (4bf7c2) — 1/18/2013 @ 5:11 pm

2. I thought Newsweek had died and gone to magazine heaven. Maybe that’s it.

Comment by Mike_K (dc6ffe) — 1/18/2013 @ 5:11 pm

3. ‘It’s just pining for the fjords’

Comment by narciso (3fec35) — 1/18/2013 @ 5:13 pm

4. pull what for content exactly god help us

Comment by happyfeet (4bf7c2) — 1/18/2013 @ 5:17 pm

5. I sometimes wonder of the Liberal Twits that do this kind of thing are even vaguely aware how offensive it is.

Comment by C. S. P. Schofield (fdfc57) — 1/18/2013 @ 5:17 pm

6. both sick and twisted
    Cult of Personality
    Left’s pathology

Comment by Colonel Haiku (bc2e55) — 1/18/2013 @ 5:29 pm

7. Why is it these gaia-worshipping personality cultists imagine that conservatives are stupid?

OK, I think I just answered my own question; because that’s what their high priests tell them to think.

Comment by Steve57 (4c041b) — 1/18/2013 @ 5:30 pm

8. Besides the obvious, they copied the Time cover, except for the background,

Comment by narciso (3fec35) — 1/18/2013 @ 5:30 pm

9. Greetings:

Alternatively, what’s Black and White and Red all over ???

Comment by 11B40 (1d65ee) — 1/18/2013 @ 5:38 pm

10. I was going to post this, but I have been alternately laughing and hurling since I saw it.

Comment by JD (b63a52) — 1/18/2013 @ 5:40 pm

11. Lousy picture.

The Newsweek logo is covering up his halo.

Comment by Dave Surls (46b08c) — 1/18/2013 @ 5:43 pm

12. And you guys thought Antiochus Epiphanes was the antiChrist. All because he sacrificed a pig on the altar.

Rubes.

Comment by gary gulrud (dd7d4e) — 1/18/2013 @ 5:51 pm

13. What’s Newsweek?

Comment by Kevin Stafford (1d1b9e) — 1/18/2013 @ 5:57 pm

14. This is The Onion, right? The Dufflebag?

[redacted]

I’m saying that too often, it seems. [redacted]

Comment by htom (412a17) — 1/18/2013 @ 5:58 pm

15. Gotta hand it to the Dhimmis. They got the original God born “in a mean estate” beat by leagues.

When do the signs and wonders start? Being elected twice by mystery meat doesn’t count.

Comment by gary gulrud (dd7d4e) — 1/18/2013 @ 6:09 pm

16. There is the foolishness, and then there is the piece of the action;

Comment by narciso (3fec35) — 1/18/2013 @ 6:19 pm

17. 13. What’s Newsweek?

Comment by Kevin Stafford (1d1b9e) — 1/18/2013 @ 5:57 pm

It’s the rag that would put together such over-the-top Obama worshiping issues I finally had buy one. Not to read. Just for the cover.

I wrapped it in plastic and put it away. Now, if North Korea collapses, I’ll have an example of what totalitarian personality cult looks like to show my grandkids.

Comment by Steve57 (4c041b) — 1/18/2013 @ 6:28 pm

18. Do we get to see a real birth certificate this time?

Comment by ropelight (14e851) — 1/18/2013 @ 6:28 pm

19. How is one supposed to address a living god?

Ordinarily I’d think that question was academic, but apparently it’s a real problem we all have now.

Comment by Steven Den Beste (99cfa1) — 1/18/2013 @ 6:30 pm

20. The cover of Geo. Bush’s second term shows him reclined in a airline seat. It was not called the Second Coming.

Comment by AZ Bob (28c32d) — 1/18/2013 @ 6:33 pm

21. Steven Den Beste–I think I read not long ago that you had had a health setback. It’s good to see your name on a comment. How’re you doin’ man?

Comment by elissa (b61397) — 1/18/2013 @ 6:33 pm

22. ‘Do Mot Read from the Book’ is good advice.

Comment by narciso (3fec35) — 1/18/2013 @ 6:33 pm

23. Do they not realize that the Second Coming also means the END OF THE WORLD!?!?!?!?!?!!

Comment by kimsch (2a7c0d) — 1/18/2013 @ 6:34 pm

24. He is Teh One we had been waiting for.

Comment by JD (d420da) — 1/18/2013 @ 6:37 pm

25. How are you doing Steven?

Comment by narciso (3fec35) — 1/18/2013 @ 6:38 pm

26. Looks like a side mugshot. DOubt we’ll be so lucky.

Deliver what exactly-insolvency?

Comment by Bugg (b32862) — 1/18/2013 @ 6:41 pm

27. Liberals, especially the media, seem to think they are so clever when they imply Obama’s deism without expressly saying it. IMO it’s not clever … but it is idolatry that praises and elevates Obama, while also insulting “bitter clinger” believers.

Comment by DRJ (a83b8b) — 1/18/2013 @ 7:09 pm

28. We do not deserve him.

I mean that!

Comment by daleyrocks (bf33e9) — 1/18/2013 @ 7:10 pm

29. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Jav7FPZftEU/TNWjrkiuJtI/AAAAAAAABPY/WjRgULZUr9k/s1600/You+should+be+thanking+me.jpg

Comment by Colonel Haiku (bc2e55) — 1/18/2013 @ 7:21 pm

Comment by navyvet (02dd07) — 1/18/2013 @ 7:39 pm

31. And then reality intervenes;

Comment by narciso (3fec35) — 1/18/2013 @ 7:41 pm

32. The Second coming also means JUDGMENT DAY BITCHES!

Comment by Jcw46 (eda37d) — 1/18/2013 @ 7:43 pm

33. Liberals, especially the media, seem to think they are so clever when they imply Obama’s deism without expressly saying it. IMO it’s not clever … but it is idolatry that praises and elevates Obama, while also insulting “bitter clinger” believers.

That. Is. Well. Said.

Comment by JD (b63a52) — 1/18/2013 @ 7:52 pm

34. They have gone so far down ‘the more selective’ angle, they are like a cargo cult now.

Comment by narciso (3fec35) — 1/18/2013 @ 8:00 pm

35. Isn’t the anti-Christ supposed to come first?

Comment by Kevin M (bf8ad7) — 1/18/2013 @ 8:08 pm

36. Wonder what they’ll do for his third inauguration.

Comment by Kevin M (bf8ad7) — 1/18/2013 @ 8:08 pm

37. Obama dammit. Judas Obama. What in Obama’s sake are you doing. Barack Obama in a hand basket.

Just practicing.

Comment by Ag80 (b2c81f) — 1/18/2013 @ 8:28 pm

38. hah food stamp on a cracker!

Comment by happyfeet (ce327d) — 1/18/2013 @ 8:29 pm

39. The Newsweek logo is covering up his halo.
    Comment by Dave Surls (46b08c) — 1/18/2013 @ 5:43 pm

– The “Inauguration 2012″ banner is his halo.
    It’s looking a little bit gray right now due to a lack of million dollar donors.
    Halo polish don’t come cheap.

Comment by Icy (1a9e08) — 1/18/2013 @ 8:30 pm

40. What’s Newsweek?
    Comment by Kevin Stafford (1d1b9e) — 1/18/2013 @ 5:57 pm

– Something that me and Julio made the cover of, back in the day.

Comment by Icy (1a9e08) — 1/18/2013 @ 8:34 pm

41. Isn’t the anti-Christ supposed to come first?
    Comment by Kevin M (bf8ad7) — 1/18/2013 @ 8:08 pm

– Him or the land shark.
    Either way, I wouldn’t recommend answering the door.

Comment by Icy (1a9e08) — 1/18/2013 @ 8:42 pm

42. 30. He hasn’t delivered for four years now. What makes them think the next four will be any different…other than worse?

Comment by navyvet (02dd07) — 1/18/2013 @ 7:39 pm

The massive propaganda campaign they’re embarking on. It won’t have to be better. You’ll just have your neighborhood chapter of El Commandante Obama’s Committees for the Defense of the Revolution screaming that everything is getting better and better.

In the form of:

Obama to Create Mass Organization Devoted to Obama

I’ve already linked to this on another thread, but who thinks those 8 y.o. kids he used as props the other day came up with the idea that gun control was the solution to Sandy Hook all on their own?

How Many Kids Had a Choice in Writing Letters Asking Obama to Ban Guns?

Of course, the MFM has long been the unabashed propaganda arm of the Democratic party. But they’re even more devoted to Da Won. Hence the Newsweak cover at the top of this comment thread. Obama really is their Messiah, and their Messiah is a jealous god who will tolerate no other gods before him (as Catholics are finding out).

This didn’t come from Barack, but not every promise the Obamas make comes with an expiration date:

Barack Obama will require you to work. He is going to demand that you shed your cynicism. That you put down your divisions. That you come out of your isolation, that you move out of your comfort zones. That you push yourselves to be better. And that you engage. Barack will never allow you to go back to your lives as usual, uninvolved, uninformed.

I’m not kidding.

Michelle: New Obama outfit to create ‘world as it should be’

It may take Obama two or three more presidential terms to “fundamentally transform” America. But Obama’s not afraid of a little hard work.

Uhh, as long as his underlings and the peasantry are shanghaied into doing it. El Commandante needs his recreation.

Comment by Steve57 (4c041b) — 1/18/2013 @ 8:44 pm

43. Obama dammit. Judas Obama. What in Obama’s sake are you doing. Barack Obama in a hand basket.
    Just practicing.
    Comment by Ag80 (b2c81f) — 1/18/2013 @ 8:28 pm

– If you want to practice getting REALLY angry, then repeat after me:
    “Jesus f***ing Obama!”

Comment by Icy (1a9e08) — 1/18/2013 @ 8:46 pm

44. The golf gods are on our side. They hate cheaters.

Comment by mg (31009b) — 1/18/2013 @ 8:47 pm

45. This was supposed to be a parody. As Newsweak and others like them are proving, they can’t be parodied:

Liberal Chick: “The State is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want (Psalm 666).”

Comment by Steve57 (4c041b) — 1/18/2013 @ 8:49 pm

46. Obama’s pose matches the portrayal of Lincoln on the penny.
    NOT a coincidence, I am sure.

Comment by Icy (1a9e08) — 1/18/2013 @ 8:51 pm

47. Second Coming of Obama . . . End of Days . . .
    Sounds about right.

Comment by Icy (1a9e08) — 1/18/2013 @ 8:58 pm

48. Much more likely is “Second verse, same as the first.”

Comment by Icy (1a9e08) — 1/18/2013 @ 9:01 pm

49. Appropriate that a publication that has ceased production should be waxing poetic about Barry Soetero.

Comment by Mark (e66007) — 1/18/2013 @ 9:02 pm

50. 45. Obama’s pose matches the portrayal of Lincoln on the penny.
    NOT a coincidence, I am sure.

Comment by Icy (1a9e08) — 1/18/2013 @ 8:51 pm

It’s funny you should say that. Because I actually anticipated Newsweak using that same title to describe the start of Obama’s second term. And I anticipated the Lincoln tie-in. Except I thought it would involve sitting in a massive marble chair in the same pose as Lincoln. With Andrew Sullivan, author of Newsweak’s last memorable Obama cover story “The First Gay President?,” on his knees demonstrating his, uhh, gratitude to his Messiah. Since Monica’s not make any more calls on the President.

If you get my meaning.

Comment by Steve57 (4c041b) — 1/18/2013 @ 9:02 pm

51. I thought I loathed my ex-husband, I thought I loathed my daughter’s live-in boyfriend, then along comes…..Barry.

Comment by sybilll (ce1253) — 1/18/2013 @ 9:03 pm

52. I hope everyone understands that this particular photo did not happen by chance. He posed for it.

Comment by Ag80 (b2c81f) — 1/18/2013 @ 9:17 pm

53. http://pjmedia.com/eddriscoll/2013/01/18/newsweek-meets-muggeridges-law-2/

Comment by narciso (3fec35) — 1/18/2013 @ 9:23 pm

54. Ag80 @81, we understand that perfectly well. And I bet the WH press office insisted Newsweak submit the story for approval before publication. Dutifully rewriting the story as directed.

I also bet Andrew Sullivan would have not only participated in that cover I described, but so would have any other staffer at Newsweak (do they still have a staff, or do they lease staff?).

Comment by Steve57 (4c041b) — 1/18/2013 @ 9:28 pm

55. *Ag80 @8151*

Comment by Steve57 (4c041b) — 1/18/2013 @ 9:29 pm

56. I’m just saying because, sometimes, you know

Or this or this.

Comment by Ag80 (b2c81f) — 1/18/2013 @ 9:40 pm

57. What’s especially maddening about the cover is that Mullah Kardashian is an Atheist.

May he rest in the Ages wearing a pig-skin sh*tsack.

Comment by gary gulrud (dd7d4e) — 1/18/2013 @ 10:21 pm

58. No, he believes in power not for it’s own sake, but ‘fundamental transformation’ hence the basic constraints of facts, law, simple decency don’t apply.

Comment by narciso (3fec35) — 1/18/2013 @ 10:30 pm

59. there’ll be fire on the mountain there’ll be revival and bangin drums

there’ll be screamin and there’ll be shoutin

when my food stamp Jesus comes!

Comment by happyfeet (ce327d) — 1/18/2013 @ 10:37 pm

60. Speaking of surprises, lefty Katrina lead complainer and whiner, AKA “School Bus Ray Nagin” indicted on 21 counts of corruprion.

Didn’t see that one coming. Nope.

Comment by elissa (b61397) — 1/18/2013 @ 10:48 pm

61. corruption

Comment by elissa (b61397) — 1/18/2013 @ 10:49 pm

62. he might be cause of he’s corrupt

but I bet the cnn propaganda sluts decide he’s not near as corrupt as that wicked armstrong boy

Comment by happyfeet (ce327d) — 1/18/2013 @ 10:57 pm

63. That pose of his would look better on a milk carton.
    Titled – WANTED for TREASON.

Comment by mg (31009b) — 1/18/2013 @ 11:06 pm

64. I’m starting to suspect that some people just go into the politics business for what they can get out of it for themselves. They are not all genuine dedicated public servants. You know?

Comment by elissa (b61397) — 1/18/2013 @ 11:11 pm

65. Dear Lance,

Dude, forget Oprah.

Do you seek reconciliation?

Forward all PED’s to Zero.

Comment by scott (b8618e) — 1/18/2013 @ 11:22 pm

66. Hey, Patterico:

I thought MUG SHOTS were taken from the front and the LEFT side?

What gives with one on the cover? And where’s the docket number, or whatever it’s called?

:D

Comment by Smock Puppet, 10th Dan Snark Master and Photography Analyst (98ae1f) — 1/18/2013 @ 11:50 pm

67. there’ll be fire on the mountain there’ll be revival and bangin drums

there’ll be screamin and there’ll be shoutin

when my food stamp Jesus comes!

Love it !

Spot on, AG80. This is the image they wanted, from Teh One we have been waiting for. Teh Obe that will help heal the planet, slow the rise of the oceans …

Comment by JD (d420da) — 1/19/2013 @ 3:59 am

68. Patterico, you were tempted to take the name of Obama in “vein”? Like a “dark vein”?

Racist.

Comment by Icy (1a9e08) — 1/19/2013 @ 6:20 am

69. That pose of his would look better on a milk carton.
    Titled – WANTED for TREASON.
    Comment by mg (31009b) — 1/18/2013 @ 11:06 pm

Or — HAVE YOU SEEN THIS MAN’S SOUL?

Comment by Icy (1a9e08) — 1/19/2013 @ 6:26 am

70. Bono, the singer for U2, has had a species of spider named after him.

The world makes a little more sense now.

Comment by Icy (1a9e08) — 1/19/2013 @ 6:33 am

71. God will not be mocked…though it seem slow in coming, wait and do not doubt.

Years ago I saw a picture of a man who was the captain of a vast university medical research and health care system looking out of his “penthouse” office window over the expanse of his domain. It immediately reminded me of the King of Babylon looking out over his empire and boasting about how great he was, just before he was struck with madness and went into the wild acting like a beast, crawling on all 4 limbs.
    It wasn’t long after when he was forced to resign after one of his pet projects and researchers was sued over ethical charges (IMO, they were caught up in “advancing” the field of “medical ethics” in a way they thought morally and intellectually superior, but wrongheaded to common sense).

One major concern, however, is pointed out in another thread, the majority of the American electorate share in the folly, and will likely share in the downfall.

Comment by MD in Philly (3d3f72) — 1/19/2013 @ 6:33 am

72. Well said, MD.

On a different topic, apparently the LA Times is giving up on long form/investigative journalism.

Comment by DRJ (a83b8b) — 1/19/2013 @ 6:52 am

73. Didn’t they give that up a long time ago?

Comment by Icy (1a9e08) — 1/19/2013 @ 7:06 am

74. Unlike those who worship Obama, I refuse to believe that he was born in a manger.

I guess that makes me a birther.

Comment by Whitey Nisson (d53e66) — 1/19/2013 @ 7:57 am

75. “there’ll be fire on the mountain there’ll be revival and bangin drums”

I don’t care if it rains of freezes
    long as as I got my bobblehad Obama
    Ridin’ on the dashboard of my car…….

Comment by daleyrocks (bf33e9) — 1/19/2013 @ 8:11 am

76. Obama won’t you buy me a Mercedes Benz
    My friends all drive Porsches
    I must make amends………..

Comment by daleyrocks (bf33e9) — 1/19/2013 @ 8:13 am

77. From Media Research Center:
    “There’s one other base here: the media. Let’s talk a little media bias here. The media, I think, wants Kerry to win. … going to be worth, collectively, the two of them, that’s going to be worth maybe 15 points.”
    — Newsweek’s Evan Thomas on Inside Washington, July 10, 2004.

Newsweek’s Evan Thomas: “Stupid thing to say. It was completely wrong. But I do think that, I do think that the mainstream press, …favors Kerry. I don’t think it’s worth 15 points…”
    Kurtz: “Is it worth five points?”
    Thomas: “Maybe, maybe.”
    — Exchange on CNN’s Reliable Sources, October 17, 2004.

At least Evan Thomas is consistent in his actions and commentary. That 5% is a big number, even if it is only 5 and not closer to 15.

loved it, daley.

Comment by MD in Philly (3d3f72) — 1/19/2013 @ 8:31 am

78. all teh sh*t that’s spewed
    0bamabots in need of
    a fecal transplant

Comment by Colonel Haiku (1fb47a) — 1/19/2013 @ 8:51 am

79. I looked at Obama’s profile pic and it looked familiar.

Oh yeah, now I remember….

Comment by MarkJ (b64de3) — 1/19/2013 @ 10:51 am

80. 70. God will not be mocked…though it seem slow in coming, wait and do not doubt.

Comment by MD in Philly (3d3f72) — 1/19/2013 @ 6:33 am

An oldie but a goodie, via Iowahawk:

You Didn’t Build That

Readings from the Book of Barack

1 In the beginning Govt created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the economy was formless and void, darkness was over the surface of the ATMs, and the Spirit of Govt was hovering over the land.

3 And Govt said, “Let there be spending,” and there was spending. 4 Govt saw that the spending was good, and that it separated the light from the darkness. 5 Govt called the spending Investments, and this he did in the first day.

…18 So when Govt was on vay-cay the economy set about the garden, plowing its fields and generating revenue for the glory of Govt. They obeyed the regulations and were not ashamed.

19 Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the balanced, publicly-funded birds the Lord Govt had made to sing news to the economy. The serpent was on the AM band. He said to the retail sector, “Did Govt really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’? ”

20 “Only yours, serpent,” said the retail sector.

21 “Don’t be a wuss,” the serpent said to the retail sector. 22 “For Govt knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will wise to Govt’s scam.”

… 40 Then the Lord Govt turned the retailer and the manufacturer and the wholesaler and all the servicers, and said,

“I will make your taxes and regulations very severe;
    with painful labor you will give birth to profit.
    You shall be afflicted with plagues of audits,
    the coming of Osha, and the trials of Irs.
    By the sweat of thy brow you will earn thy living
    until you return it to Me.
    You will suffer the droughts of subsidy and stimulus,
    and will thirst forever. You’re welcome.”

41 And so the Lord Govt banished the economy from paradise, and bade them go outsource to the Far East of Eden. And as the chastened economy slouched out of of Babylon He said unto them,

40 “How do you like them apples?”

Of course, really it’s all us bitter-clingers living out in the sticks of “Jesusland” who are being mocked by that cover. You’ve got to realize that.

Obama to Create Mass Organization Devoted to Obama

President Obama will remake his presidential campaign into a massive new movement devoted to supporting his agenda, an unprecedented move that creates a brand new political organization devoted not to a Party, not to an idea – but to one charismatic leader.

The group, to be called Organizing for Action, opens for business Sunday, the day Obama is officially inaugurated.

If this type of organization has existed before in American politics on any similar scale, I’m not aware of it.

Mocked, and now community-organized. Whether we bitter clingers like it or not.

I’m sure Eric Holder will be all over them if they don’t srupulously abide by all the laws governing a 501(c)4. Or any other nitpicky little guidelines formerly known as federal laws. The Corzine/Gregory rule will apply to these well meaning tykes, I’m sure.

Comment by Steve57 (4c041b) — 1/19/2013 @ 11:27 am

81. Wouldn’t have guessed this was legal, certainly not on hiring interviews:

Comment by gary gulrud (dd7d4e) — 1/19/2013 @ 12:18 pm

82. So just how is the Lightbringer doing, chasing the demons of low-self esteem, contentless TV and chickens in every pot?

Where to begin as we have doubts about our bureaucrats in charge of collecting, compiling and computing measures of relative bliss?

Certainly I have more stuff than we did when I was small. How to account for real GDP in an era of global trade, volatile foreign exchange markets and an internet with which to compare prices?

Here’s a pretty fair single chart stab:

National gasoline usage. We all know the internet age has yet to wreak wonders on productivity. Public transportation is still for either the wretched or the wealthy.

Oh he’s a god alright, just not one we was lookin’ fer.

Comment by gary gulrud (dd7d4e) — 1/19/2013 @ 1:32 pm

83. Sorry, link fixe:

Comment by gary gulrud (dd7d4e) — 1/19/2013 @ 1:37 pm

84. Mark my words: within the next year or so, there will be a HUGE campaign in the MSM to overturn the 22nd Amendment, thus allowing BHO to seek a third term, which he obviously needs to clean up the mess he inherited from Bush.

(BTW, I first made the previous prediction on this website a month or two ago. “Milhouse” dismissed it as “not much of a prediction” and claimed that there were similar movements for both Reagan and Clinton to seek a third term. Yeah, right. Those folks in the MSM just LOVED them some Ronnie.)

Comment by Whitey Nisson (2bcd43) — 1/19/2013 @ 1:43 pm

85. Bet Iran’s glad Jarrett was born there and Dog has been in their court.

Might lessen the hurt of 70% inflation per month.

Comment by gary gulrud (dd7d4e) — 1/19/2013 @ 1:47 pm

86. 83. Started already:

Kinda hope 35 States is a tough get.

Comment by gary gulrud (dd7d4e) — 1/19/2013 @ 1:52 pm

87. 83.-Statements about his turd term were mentioned here the day after the fraudulent election.

Comment by mg (31009b) — 1/19/2013 @ 1:54 pm

88. That visual of Newsweek’s cover — which is limited to cyberspace and no longer mass produced in the tens of thousands by printing presses and consequently visible at supermarket check-out stands, doctor’s offices and on the shelves of news vendors everywhere — quaintly sticks to the tradition of hard copy, and not the current era of less visible, less tangible websites.

Comment by Mark (e66007) — 1/19/2013 @ 1:56 pm

89. So, he’s gonna be sworn-in on Monday . . . on MLK Day.

It really is ALL about him, no matter what, isn’t it.

Comment by Icy (ef77ad) — 1/19/2013 @ 2:43 pm

90. Allah-Akbar, Ayatollah Obama.
    He comes across as a shiite leader.

Comment by mg (31009b) — 1/19/2013 @ 2:58 pm

91. I detect a pronounced lack of diversity of opinion here on the character, performance, and loyalty of the shameful tyrant currently polluting the office of Chief Executive.

Comment by ropelight (2372a8) — 1/19/2013 @ 3:10 pm

92. 85.

83. Started already:

Kinda hope 35 States is a tough get.

Comment by gary gulrud (dd7d4e) — 1/19/2013 @ 1:52 pm

gary, I think the President will be able to get 3/4 of the states in the Union to amend the Constitution so he can serve as many terms as he likes.

But by then I’m calculating the Union he presides over will be down to the six New England states, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, and Kali and Oregon. Maybe Washington and probably the new state of Puerto Rico.

Heck, I bet he can get all of the remaining United States of Obama to ratify the measure.

Comment by Steve57 (4c041b) — 1/19/2013 @ 3:30 pm

93. Six New England states, that is, if Mark Steyn fails to convince his adopted state of New Hampshire to go along with him and become Canada’s newest province.

Comment by Steve57 (4c041b) — 1/19/2013 @ 3:33 pm

94. R.I.P. Earl Weaver
    R.I.P. Stan Musial

Comment by Icy (ef77ad) — 1/19/2013 @ 5:05 pm

95. teh First lady looks like Rick James, b*tch…

Comment by Colonel Haiku (d49ec9) — 1/19/2013 @ 6:00 pm

96. oh god not bangs

this tells you so much about the comfort level the people she surrounds herself with have with telling her the truth

Comment by happyfeet (ce327d) — 1/19/2013 @ 6:12 pm

97. 95. oh god not bangs

Comment by happyfeet (ce327d) — 1/19/2013 @ 6:12 pm

Well, if she starts feeling at all self-conscious she’ll just make Barack wear them as a show of support.

Comment by Steve57 (4c041b) — 1/19/2013 @ 6:33 pm

98. Or — HAVE YOU SEEN THIS MAN’S SOUL?

You bastard! You probably send noobs out on snipe hunts and after buckets of prop wash, don’t you? :-D

Comment by Smock Puppet, 10th Dan Snark Master and Labeler of the Obama-Naut (98ae1f) — 1/20/2013 @ 5:17 am

99. 58. Ok, I’ll genuflect to the verse meister.

Comment by gary gulrud (dd7d4e) — 1/20/2013 @ 2:19 pm

100. happyfeet, I knew I’d seen that new wig Michelle is wearing.

Shakira – Las de la intución

I guess they let one of the back-up singers go.

When Michelle makes Barack wear his, I hope they leave it in the original blue.

Comment by Steve57 (4c041b) — 1/20/2013 @ 8:17 pm

101. i know shakira is a wanton obamawhore but I still love her more than beans

she’s a true original that one

Comment by happyfeet (ce327d) — 1/20/2013 @ 8:27 pm

102. I just never knew Michelle is a wanton Shakirawhore.

I guess we’ll find out if Michelle is a wanton Lady Gagawhore is she wears a meat dress or gun bra to one of the inaugural balls.

Comment by Steve57 (4c041b) — 1/20/2013 @ 8:46 pm

103. As an aside, I hope when Michelle makes Barack wear his wig she also doesn’t make him wear one of those little back-up singer mini-skirt outfits.

Although that would be kind of an appropriate thing for him to wear to negotiations with Putin considering how he’s going to get treated.

Comment by Steve57 (4c041b) — 1/20/2013 @ 8:49 pm

104. Actually, after thinking about it, the Lady Gaga meat dress would be a more appropriate outfit for Obama to wear to negotiate with any world leader who hates America.

Comment by Steve57 (4c041b) — 1/20/2013 @ 8:52 pm

105. i really wanted to be a wanton gagawhore myself but turns out there’s not a lot of there there

pokerface is still the most godawful wicked pun ever heard on american radio though

Comment by happyfeet (ce327d) — 1/20/2013 @ 8:54 pm

106. 99. Ooops, 58 reference shoulda been 59. Da Palinista is a poet.

Comment by gary gulrud (dd7d4e) — 1/20/2013 @ 9:10 pm

107. I kinda liked “Let’s Dance” but then after that I figured she needed to drop the “a” off the last part of her name and the “Lady” off the first.

Comment by Steve57 (4c041b) — 1/20/2013 @ 9:16 pm

108. Unlike the colonel, my thing is strictly prose, gary;

Comment by narciso (3fec35) — 1/20/2013 @ 9:44 pm

109. “I honestly like to come here and look around your site and I specifically adore this post. I worship your possibility to say what you want in a few words. You immediately go to the point and you don’t circle around. I hope you will continue to post in your style and that you will not change it. Yours truly, Keisha.”

Comment by nowosci ze swiata (ce66f6) — 1/21/2013 @ 7:28 am