The Jury Talks Back

11/5/2019

ABC Anchor Claims Interview With Epstein Victim Spiked By Network Three Years Ago

Filed under: Uncategorized — Dana @ 3:38 pm

[guest post by Dana]

It was bad enough when NBC hindered reporting on Harvey Weinstein because the disgraced mogul allegedly pressured the network by claiming that he had information about Matt Lauer and wasn’t afraid to use it if necessary. Now, in an unbelievable “hot mic” moment, we are learning that three years ago, ABC quashed an interview with one of Jeffrey Epstein’s victims because Prince Andrew had been named by the victim, and the royal family threatened to cut off access to Prince William and his wife Kate Middleton if the network aired the piece:

ABC News anchor Amy Robach was caught on camera slamming her own network for allegedly sitting on the Jeffrey Epstein story three years ago. In a video clip released by right-wing group Project Veritas on Tuesday, Robach is seemingly caught on a hot mic complaining to colleagues that her Epstein story was suppressed by network executives. Robach says she’d spoken to Virginia Roberts Giuffre, who alleges Epstein used her as a sex slave and trafficked her to his powerful friends, including Britain’s Prince Andrew. “I’ve had this interview with Virginia Roberts .. we would not put it on the air,” Robach says on camera. “First of all, I was told ‘Who’s Jeffrey Epstein?’… Then the palace found out that we had her whole allegations about Prince Andrew and threatened us a million different ways.” She went on to say the network was afraid that running the story would prevent interviews with Kate Middleton and and Prince William. “It was unbelievable what we had. [Bill] Clinton—we had everything. I tried for three years to get it on to no avail and now it’s all coming out and it’s like these new revelations.”

In a statement issued after the footage was made public Tuesday, Robach said she her comments were made in “a private moment of frustration. I was upset that an important interview I had conducted with Virginia Roberts didn’t air because we could not obtain corroborating evidence to meet ABC’s editorial standards about her allegations” regarding Epstein, Prince Andrew, and Clinton. She added that in the years since the 2015 interview “no one ever told me or the team to stop reporting on Jeffrey Epstein, and we have continued to aggressively pursue this important story.”

Upon release of the video, and because they are all about the money and ratings, ABC defended itself, while promoting upcoming exposé on Epstein:

“At the time, not all of our reporting met our standards to air, but we have never stopped investigating the story. Ever since we’ve had a team on this investigation and substantial resources dedicated to it. That work has led to a two-hour documentary and 6-part podcast that will air in the new year.”

It’s clear from the video below, that Robach is distraught and angry about the network big wigs quashing the interview:

From her hot mic comments:

“There will come a day when we will realize Jeffrey Epstein was the most prolific pedophile this country has ever known. I had it all, three years ago.”

What the fuck is wrong with these people: NBC suppressed reporting about Weinstein to protect their own on-air monstrous predator from being exposed by another monstrous predator, while ABC suppressed a victim’s first-hand account about a monstrous pedophile so that they could continue to have access to the royal family. The despicable avarice of the amoral degenerates running these operations is unspeakable.

And always, there is a double-standard of irony:

–Dana

No Comments »

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a comment

Comment moderation is enabled. Your comment may take some time to appear.

Live Preview


Powered by WordPress.