11/19/2012

Kid None Too Happy About Obama’s Win

Filed under: General — Patterico @ 8:01 pm

Running up the debt while making no effort to control spending is taxation of our children. And it’s taxation without representation, because our children can’t vote.

It’s not fair, is it? And at least one child is pretty unhappy about it:

It would be funny if he weren’t so right.

Well, OK, it still is kind of funny.

But there is a serious for real point in there too, I submit. Kids just like this are going to bear the brunt of Obama’s irresponsibility — and, like he says, he didn’t get to vote. And Foster didn’t get to vote.

Taxation without representation. I’m telling you.

Via Hot Air.

1. The eye roll at the end is classic.

Comment by Patterico (8b3905) — 11/19/2012 @ 8:01 pm

2. what’s sad is most kids will never know america except as a mediocre foodstampocracy

Comment by happyfeet (acbee0) — 11/19/2012 @ 8:21 pm

3. Poor kid. Mom has an empath on her hands & needs to learn to control her own emotions so he can learn to pattern properly!

Comment by Amy Shulkusky (efe473) — 11/19/2012 @ 8:50 pm

4. I’ll take the lower bunk and cry with him.

Comment by navyvet (02dd07) — 11/19/2012 @ 9:34 pm

5. No idea if this is fake, by the way.

Comment by Patterico (8b3905) — 11/19/2012 @ 9:43 pm

6. Hey, the kid’s not wrong. That’s exactly how I feel. It isn’t fair that people who directly benefit from the public’s taxes get to vote on them. And it’s not fair that tens of thousands of votes whose validity can’t be verified, and which would never be admitted as evidence in a court, were nevertheless counted.

Comment by Milhouse (15b6fd) — 11/19/2012 @ 10:49 pm

7. Love the eyeroll. Reminds me a lot of the ‘good man’ meme, only in this video presented with more maturity.

Comment by Dustin (73fead) — 11/19/2012 @ 11:28 pm

8. The night of the election I said on facebook that I was going to stay in bed the next day and get drunk. I certainly felt like doing that, but I didn’t. Whenever I think about the election result I still feel like that, though the vodka remains in the freezer; sad drinking never ends well, and is a waste of good likker.

I absolutely hate every person in FL-18 and UT-4 who voted D; if I knew someone was in that category I wouldn’t piss on them if they were on fire. They did a hateful thing and deserve any misfortune that comes their way.

Comment by Milhouse (15b6fd) — 11/19/2012 @ 11:59 pm

9. Alcohol is for cheer, Milhouse, so you made the right decision.

I too am dejected about the election. I was already very frustrated with it when the primary went to hell (and I was worried it might mean four more years of Obama, but not seriously worried… he’s been so bad at this I couldn’t accept he would be reelected).

I think this country will be very different at the end of those four years. I am not optimistic that bad times will lead to the moocher class yearning for Goldwater or Paul Ryan.

Comment by Dustin (73fead) — 11/20/2012 @ 12:33 am

10. America is now a joke. Taxes, come and get them, if you dare.

Comment by mg (31009b) — 11/20/2012 @ 2:39 am

11. Don’t worry, he’ll be indoctrinated in the public school system instead of learning history and math, and will come to love progressivism, or at least, come to see the light that we Republicans are truly evil people.

Comment by Hawkins (1fc204) — 11/20/2012 @ 4:07 am

12. There was a similar youtube about a perceptive lad in Venezuela, after the Chavez election,

Comment by narciso (ee31f1) — 11/20/2012 @ 6:48 am

13. I feel the same way, kid. Sorry we wrecked your country.

I like how the little one hits the bottle hard in the beginning. :)

Comment by Patricia (be0117) — 11/20/2012 @ 7:57 am

14. My 11-year-old daughter was crying so hard the night of the election that I didn’t think I’d get her to sleep. I was trying to calm her down and finally blurted out, “Maybe he’ll be impeached because of Benghazi…” She briefly perked up and said, “Do you really think so?” Suddenly she started crying again – “But then all we’ll have is Joe Biden!!”

What’s a mom to do???

Comment by jille (c70f43) — 11/20/2012 @ 8:27 am

15. Poor deluded mom.

Comment by SarahW (347250) — 11/20/2012 @ 8:35 am

16. My children were also upset by the election results. I am raising two loyal conservatives. They know what is what! Love them so much and I am so proud of the!

Comment by jennifer (c9b24f) — 11/20/2012 @ 9:13 am

17. Sorry, kid. America chose socialism over freedom. Get used to being a financial slave to moochers who outnumber you at the polls.

Comment by CrustyB (69f730) — 11/20/2012 @ 9:29 am

18. Alcohol is for cheer

Yes. “Wine gladdens a man’s heart“, but only if he’s already happy.

I think this country will be very different at the end of those four years

Once 0bamacare is established it will be with us forever; Republicans will have to embrace it the way they did Social Security. In darker moments I wonder whether, in 2050, a dynamic young conservative leader, leading a Republican insurgency to electoral success, and regarded as the conservative alternative in an R presidential primary, will cite 0bama as one of his heroes, and have his picture on the wall.

Comment by Milhouse (15b6fd) — 11/20/2012 @ 11:23 am

19. Just came back from another meeting in the large hospital group I work for. Obamacare is crushing our reimbursements and we are laying off accordingly. Still can’t believe how many of my coworkers can’t put two and two together and still voted for Obama.

Comment by Pious Agnostic (7c3d5b) — 11/20/2012 @ 12:13 pm

20. I know I’ve been kinda hard on the following kids’ parents. Well, this apple tree overhung a fast flowing stream.

Something like 28% of children born today in Amerikkka are illegitimate. About the percentage of Amerikkka voting for BootBlack.

Comment by gary gulrud (dd7d4e) — 11/20/2012 @ 12:38 pm

21. I’m relieved my dark moments weren’t recorded and broadcast when I was seven years old. I have sympathy for these kids who are embarrased by their parents in front of a large audience. I still get ridiculed at the Thanksgiving table for shit I did decades ago. But at least it never made it to YouTube.

Comment by Birdbath (716828) — 11/20/2012 @ 12:51 pm

22. I love the end, the kid’s response to “He’s not a bad person.” :-D

Comment by IGotBupkis, Legally Defined Cyberbully in All 57 States (8e2a3d) — 11/20/2012 @ 2:40 pm

23. }}} It isn’t fair that people who directly benefit from the public’s taxes get to vote on them.

Temporararily remove franchise from those who claim the Pauper’s Oath.

Makes sense to me. I’d also take franchise away from anyone actually working for the government at any level — state, local, federal, legislative, judicial, or executive branches, for much the same reasons.

Comment by IGotBupkis, Legally Defined Cyberbully in All 57 States (8e2a3d) — 11/20/2012 @ 2:45 pm

24. Sorry, kid. America chose socialism over freedom. Get used to being a financial slave to moochers who outnumber you at the polls.

I wouldn’t put too much money on that. That’s one long-term prospect. I can also see the coming fiscal disaster flowing two obvious possible directions. One is a truly fascist America. That’s the really scary one.

The other is the Red States telling the Blue states to Get Bent, they aren’t accepting any more of the hook for Blue State fiscal irresponsibility. This is America breaking up into several regional factions.

Comment by IGotBupkis, Legally Defined Cyberbully in All 57 States (8e2a3d) — 11/20/2012 @ 2:49 pm

25. Contractors too. Anyone who makes significant money from a government should not be allowed to vote in elections for that government. (So Patterico should be allowed to vote in state and federal elections, but not local ones.)

But I’m not so sure about those who file in forma pauperis merely to escape filing fees. They get no real net benefit from the government; if they lose their case, as they usually do, they get nothing, and if they win they have merely recovered or saved what’s justly theirs. I also don’t see reason to take the franchise from paupers who take only the freely given aid of private people and corporations, not the forcible aid of the taxpayers.

Comment by Milhouse (15b6fd) — 11/20/2012 @ 3:04 pm

26. PIous, it’s lowering reimbursements to hospitals already?

Comment by Patricia (be0117) — 11/20/2012 @ 5:00 pm

27. Sadly, this seems to encapsulate the way many prominent “adult” Republicans also reacted to the election results.

Need to get a grip.

Comment by Powder Dry (3d5492) — 11/20/2012 @ 5:33 pm

28. Need to get a grip.

Why?

Comment by Milhouse (15b6fd) — 11/20/2012 @ 6:10 pm

29. Because throwing little tantrums solves nothing.

Comment by Dry Powder (3d5492) — 11/21/2012 @ 6:49 am

30. Powder Dry / Dry Powder / True American – how many others do you plan on using?

Comment by JD (318f81) — 11/21/2012 @ 6:58 am

31. You may be able to get loans using your personal credit, so why bother building business credit? It’s best to keep personal and business matter separate. Building business credit works so why bother building business credit and it’s used differently. You can also protect yourself by building business credit.

Comment by Building business credit (e6a57a) — 11/25/2012 @ 8:05 pm