9/2/2008

Sarah Palin Bikini Photo: Fake

Filed under: General — Patterico @ 9:05 pm

Brian Ledbetter tips us that this photo:

is a fake. It’s Sarah Palin’s face photoshopped onto this picture:

[Channeling a heterosexual but otherwise equally moronic version of Andy Sullivan:] This seems persuasive to me. But it’s based entirely on a vague comparison of photos. Why not kill this rumor with a genuine photo of Sarah Palin in a bikini? Just so we can be sure?

P.S. A clumsy photoshop of a conservative woman in a bikini, eh? Paging Eric Muller! Paging Ken Layne!

1. Don’t you people know an obvious photoshop joke when you see one?

Comment by David Ehrenstein (961ad1) — 9/2/2008 @ 9:16 pm

2. Mr. Frey, not that I disagree with the sentiment (far from it!) but what do you mean exactly by “breathe a sigh of relief“?

Especially in that context: in a closed room for conservative bloggers. Are they (we) going to be standing in a circle?

Comment by Icy Truth (d9ccad) — 9/2/2008 @ 9:20 pm

3. That entire two paragraphs is almost a direct quotation of Andrew Sullivan. Click the “move on” link.

I realize you probably knew that, but I’m making it, er, explicit — just in case others didn’t “get” it.

Comment by Patterico (cc3b34) — 9/2/2008 @ 9:32 pm

4. Sí, I remember; hence, the “they (we)” part. I was trying to turn it back around.

Comment by Icy Truth (d9ccad) — 9/2/2008 @ 9:39 pm

5. What’s funny is that they probably searched for a woman who isn’t very physically fit to make Palin look unattractive. Palin runs 12k a day, and I am just guessing she doesn’t look like this woman.

Comment by Juan (4cdfb7) — 9/2/2008 @ 10:08 pm

6. Doesn’t David Ehrenstein know an obvious Andrew Sullivan joke when he sees one?

Comment by Jim Treacher (592cb4) — 9/2/2008 @ 10:11 pm

7. That is one crappy photoshop job.

The light and shadow contrast doesn’t match, I don’t have to squint to see the white pixels between Palin’s hair and the trees behind her head, and the resolution between the two images is vast.

Comment by Paul (ac3cf3) — 9/2/2008 @ 10:23 pm

8. That can’t be Governor Palin–she’s not pregnant!
    /moonbat

Comment by andycanuck (10f327) — 9/2/2008 @ 11:00 pm

9. Good work, but I’m not taking down my poster.

Comment by roy (78d4a2) — 9/2/2008 @ 11:04 pm

10. Why not kill this rumor with a genuine photo of Sarah Palin in a bikini? Just so we can be sure?

Your ideas intrigue me sir, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter…

Comment by Scott Jacobs (a1c284) — 9/3/2008 @ 5:10 am

11. “Just release it, ok? If necessary in a closed room for conservative bloggers. And we can all breathe a sigh of relief and move on.”

Comment by kirby (1dc75b) — 9/3/2008 @ 5:48 am

12. Jesus you’re a moron, kirby…

Seriously, do you have someone follow you around reminding you to inhale and exhale?

Comment by Scott Jacobs (a1c284) — 9/3/2008 @ 5:49 am

13. Right. Like she’d even be seen holding a BB gun. Nonsense!

Comment by jcjimi (8aef4c) — 9/3/2008 @ 6:00 am

14. jcjimi…

You want hot? You want sexy?

Gov. Sarah Palin in Iraq.

I’m gonna go lie down… I’m a touch light-headed…

Comment by Scott Jacobs (a1c284) — 9/3/2008 @ 6:04 am

15. Doesn’t Ehrenstein know an obvious Democrat Smear when he sees one?

Comment by PCD (5c49b0) — 9/3/2008 @ 6:23 am

16. I’ll assume that was a rhetorical question, and not bother answering it…

Comment by Scott Jacobs (a1c284) — 9/3/2008 @ 6:40 am

17. Using Andrew Sullivan & joke in the same sentence only works when you are pointing out pathetic trolls.

Comment by Yellowdogdem (b8de0a) — 9/3/2008 @ 8:30 am

18. Using Andrew Sullivan & joke in the same sentence only works when you are pointing out pathetic trolls.

It is also quite redundant…

Comment by Scott Jacobs (a1c284) — 9/3/2008 @ 8:34 am

19. Fake or not, thanks for both photos, Patterico.

Comment by nk (21731d) — 9/3/2008 @ 9:54 am

20. Hey. Did you hear that Joe Biden is carrying Obama’s lovechild. I demand some DNA!

– Hey! Did you hear that Andrew Sullivan is carrying some of George Soros’s DNA around in his ‘system’?

Comment by Icy Truth (614178) — 9/3/2008 @ 10:55 am

21. nk, I’m sure you meant to say “fake though it is”.

Comment by Icy Truth (614178) — 9/3/2008 @ 10:56 am

22. “Well this is obviously a MSM anti Republican conspiracy”

I’m guessing you all are saying :(

Comment by Oiram (983921) — 9/3/2008 @ 11:01 am

23. Scott, on your link @ #14, are you sure that is “rifle training”,
    or is she just getting ready for “Meet The Press”?

Comment by Another Drew (e5e29b) — 9/3/2008 @ 11:03 am

24. Neither…

Firing Line…

*ducks*

Comment by Scott Jacobs (a1c284) — 9/3/2008 @ 11:05 am

25. nk, I’m sure you meant to say “fake though it is”.

Comment by Icy Truth — 9/3/2008 @ 10:56 am

Nope. I meant “Stars And [especially] Stripes Forever”. IYKWIMAITYD.

Comment by nk (21731d) — 9/3/2008 @ 11:10 am

26. #24…
    <<>> is that still on?
    I never go to PBS anymore.

Comment by Another Drew (e5e29b) — 9/3/2008 @ 11:11 am

27. kirby spit: Its incredibly shocking that people thought this announcement would do much to bring on board Hillary Clinton supporters

If there are women who were intending to vote for Hillary solely out of sisterhood in the same way blacks are expected to be supporting Barack Obama out of “brother”hood, they have a choice in Sarah Palin b/c she’s done more with her two years in Juneau than Hillary has done in all her years in Arkansas, Washington, D.C., and New York combined.

Hillary was handed the task of national health care and FAILED. And remember how she needed to tell a tall tale about being endangered by sniper fire in Bosnia to suggest that she had any foreign policy experience? Tell me what Hillary has accomplished. I’d be interested to know what you think qualifies.

P.S. “Making sure Chelsea didn’t get pregnant” is not an acceptable response because we have no idea whether or not she has been pregnant and gotten an abortion.

Comment by L.N. Smithee (0931d2) — 9/3/2008 @ 11:19 am

28. I want a DNA test to be sure I’m not Barack Obama’s baby.

Comment by nk (21731d) — 9/3/2008 @ 11:22 am

29. #25 – nk

Nope. I meant “Stars And [especially] Stripes Forever”. IYKWIMAITYD.

– Point taken, and I agree. Palilicious™.

Comment by Icy Truth (614178) — 9/3/2008 @ 11:24 am

30. is that still on?
    I never go to PBS anymore.

Nope.

The show ended when the late William F. Buckley stepped down after 30+ years.

Comment by Paul (ac3cf3) — 9/3/2008 @ 11:29 am

31. Juan wrote: What’s funny is that they probably searched for a woman who isn’t very physically fit to make Palin look unattractive. Palin runs 12k a day, and I am just guessing she doesn’t look like this woman.

Uh-oh! There’s another disqualifier for you! She’s physically fit, just like Bush!

But seriously…If Palin’s bod looks like the original babe’s, there would be nothing wrong with that. God knows that’s more than I deserve. As I said recently, as big a joke as Dennis Kucinich is, you gotta hand it to him for marrying way way way [truncated for space] way out of his league.

Comment by L.N. Smithee (0931d2) — 9/3/2008 @ 11:30 am

32. Thanks Paul…
    That’s when I stopped viewing PBS.
    Bill was the only quality there.

Comment by Another Drew (e5e29b) — 9/3/2008 @ 11:32 am

33. Dennis Kucinich must be the best linguist on Earth.

Comment by Icy Truth (614178) — 9/3/2008 @ 11:33 am

34. That’s for posting the info, on those photos.

I hope to meet Governor Palin this evening.

McCain really hit a home run, with this pick!

Comment by Aakash (09ba56) — 9/3/2008 @ 1:45 pm

35. Thanks for the info…

I hope I get the chance to meet Governor Palin this evening.

Comment by Aakash (e68ead) — 9/3/2008 @ 1:54 pm

36. How do we know if the original is not Photoshopped as well?

Comment by Jerry (426a3e) — 9/8/2008 @ 8:24 am