Patterico's Pontifications

7/24/2008

This Deserves Its Own Post — Obama’s Cancellation of Visit to Military Bases in Germany Caused By Restriction On Press Coverage??

Filed under: General — WLS @ 6:11 pm

[Posted by WLS]

UPDATE:  This post was half-made in sarcasm when I first put it up, but the more I think about it the more the Obama campaign’s explanation just doesn’t hold water.  There is simply NO REASON he could not visit the military hospitals as a sitting US Senator and paid his respects — the FUCKING VISIT WAS ALREADY APPROVED AND BEING ARRANGED.

But to just cap things off in an suitable fashion, I give you this blog entry from Swampland at Time, courtesy of Karen Tumulty:

Here’s a link to my story, and to Callie Shell’s fabulous photos.

Afterward, the candidate made a surprise pop-in to a dinner with the traveling press corps and his campaign staff in downtown Berlin, and had a celebratory vodka martini (olives, very dry).

I’m sure he drank a toast to the soldiers he meant to visit in the hospital.

“Garcon — A round of Martinis for my many sychophats fans in the press corps.”

[Hey Peter -- I made that last sentence up too.  WLS]

_________________

I just noted this late update on MSNBC FirstRead:

From NBC’s Jim Miklaszewski and Courtney Kube
A U.S. military official tells NBC News they were making preparations for Sen. Barack Obama to visit wounded troops at the Landstuhl Medical Center at Ramstein, Germany on Friday, but “for some reason the visit was called off.”

One military official who was working on the Obama visit said because political candidates are prohibited from using military installations as campaign backdrops, Obama’s representatives were told, “he could only bring two or three of his Senate staff member, no campaign officials or workers.” In addition,
“Obama could not bring any media.
Only military photographers would be permitted to record Obama’s visit.”

The official said “We didn’t know why” the request to visit the wounded troops was withdrawn. “He (Obama) was more than welcome. We were all ready for him.”

So, if the can’t have a campaign stop at a military base hospital, he just won’t go?

Obama to Axlerod: “No photographers? Why go then?”

[I made the last sentence up -- my impersonation of Bob Woodward  -- WLS]

215 Comments

  1. If you’d like to help out the folks at Landstuhl:

    http://www.iraqwarveterans.org/landstuhl_needs.htm

    Comment by gp (ea9df7) — 7/24/2008 @ 6:36 pm

  2. So, if he can’t have a campaign stop at a military base hospital, he just won’t go?

    Wow, let’s make this man Commander-in-Chief!

    (I’m being very generous with that three-letter noun.)

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/24/2008 @ 6:38 pm

  3. It certainly fits with everything we know about him.

    Comment by Mike K (586583) — 7/24/2008 @ 6:40 pm

  4. Did you see his speech earlier today? “This is the moment” for a completely vapid, cliche-ridden speech.

    It would have been more substantive if he had just read the lyrics to “We Are The World” from his teleprompter.

    Comment by SPQR (26be8b) — 7/24/2008 @ 6:41 pm

  5. Judgement.

    Comment by Jack Klompus (b796b4) — 7/24/2008 @ 6:43 pm

  6. He delivers a stirring speech – when someone else crafts the words and puts them on a teleprompter.

    Answering questions? Off the cuff remarks? Town-hall meetings? Not so much.

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/24/2008 @ 6:44 pm

  7. Worse, just a few hours after Obama’s “non-political rally”, his campaign finance director sends out begging letters – citing the speech. Link

    Obama saying one thing and doing another? No f*ckin’ way…

    (Check out the update at the link. Hilarious.)

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/24/2008 @ 6:56 pm

  8. If it can’t be used in the campaign, then it must not be very important.
    Of course, GWB goes to Walter Reed, and other Military Hospitals, all the time, but you have to nit-pick his schedule to learn about it because (of course) he is so un-caring about the carnage he has wrought in the ME.
    Obama & Co…..
    What a bunch of a..holes!

    Comment by Another Drew (8018ee) — 7/24/2008 @ 7:18 pm

  9. Baracky is a small repulsive man.

    Comment by JD (5f0e11) — 7/24/2008 @ 7:21 pm

  10. Well, why go if you can’t get a photo op?

    Oh, right, the patriotism thingie.

    Comment by Patricia (f56a97) — 7/24/2008 @ 7:43 pm

  11. And the whining continues……

    Comment by love2008 (1b037c) — 7/24/2008 @ 7:46 pm

  12. Hey, he’s your candidate. If he makes decisions that will make him look like he doesn’t really want to have anything to do with the military unless he can get a photo-op out of it, that’s his business.

    But we get to laugh and point.

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/24/2008 @ 7:56 pm

  13. Obama to Axlerod: “No photographers? Why go then?”
    Is that what he said or are you making up stuff again wls? It doesnt help your credibilty as a blogger to make things up just to spice your case.

    Comment by love2008 (1b037c) — 7/24/2008 @ 7:58 pm

  14. The facts that he was told that he couldn’t bring photographers along, then withdrew his request speaks volumes for his motivations.

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/24/2008 @ 8:02 pm

  15. #13
    Wrong again Drum! The reason he said he wasnt going was because he did not want to turn it into a political thing. I think that was a noble thing to do. But you guys would rather feast on that than talk about the 200,000 enthusiastic people that flocked to hear him talk. Something good is coming out of America again. Halleluyah! Jealousy is the game of small minds. Get over yourselves and embrace change. It’s a new day.

    Comment by love2008 (1b037c) — 7/24/2008 @ 8:18 pm

  16. The reason he said he wasnt going was because he did not want to turn it into a political thing.

    He wasn’t being allowed to turn it into a political “thing”. Once told that, he withdrew his request.

    If A follows B, there is at least a chance that A was caused by B. Post hoc, ergo propter hoc.

    But you guys would rather feast on that than talk about the 200,000 enthusiastic people that flocked to hear him talk.

    How about the fact that his finance director immediately sent out begging letters using this allegedly “non-political” event?

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/24/2008 @ 8:22 pm

  17. Someone here is a horse’s ass. He didn’t want to make it a POLITICAL thing? Give me a frackin’ break! His whole life is a political thing and every word spoken against his Royal obAnus makes the protesting voice a racist. The hate-amerikkka wifey can say what she pleases, but then she’s not allowed to be called on it? hardeeharhar. Political correctness gone amok and Rethuglicans actually buy into the BS?
    Noble? Yes, those 200k Germans can say sieg heil baracky and will be voting in US elections? Palis can call from phone banks in Gaza and exhort people in US to vote for the Lightworker? How much of that cost is american foreign aid being funneled into Obama campaign coffers?

    Comment by madmax333 (0c6cfc) — 7/24/2008 @ 8:25 pm

  18. Who the f@ck cares? Talk about a non-story.

    Comment by master shake (27ee58) — 7/24/2008 @ 8:27 pm

  19. “The reason he said he wasnt going was because he did not want to turn it into a political thing.”

    ROTFL

    Comment by Dave Surls (f2f78d) — 7/24/2008 @ 8:28 pm

  20. More “non-stories” like this, and Obama won’t have anything at all to show for this trip.

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/24/2008 @ 8:29 pm

  21. Come on y’all. Didnt Obama make you proud today? Go on and admit it. It wont hurt. Your utter hatred and jealousy is becoming all too childish.

    Comment by love2008 (1b037c) — 7/24/2008 @ 8:39 pm

  22. No, love2008, he didn’t. His speech was mediocre in delivery and completely without substance.

    That “I’m a proud citizen of the United States and a fellow citizen of the world” line was the stupidest of the speech, the rest was cliche stacked on cliche.

    Comment by SPQR (26be8b) — 7/24/2008 @ 8:41 pm

  23. Didnt Obama make you proud today?

    By refusing to meet with our soldiers just because he couldn’t bring a photographer? Yeah, you should be REAL proud of him.

    But don’t ever say that he supports the troops.

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/24/2008 @ 8:41 pm

  24. 12. Did you seriously miss the plain as the nose on your face disclaimer “[I made the last sentence up -- my impersonation of Bob Woodward]“?
    Get over yourselves and embrace change. It’s a new day.
    And you wonder why Obama’s detractors ridicule his adulation as cult-like?
    So criticizing the actions and words of a politician who wants to become President is “feasting” on a “nonstory?” This entire world tour is one of the biggest “political things” ever concocted for mass consumption but you just accept at face value him dismissing visiting wounded troops as potentially a “political thing” that he wants to avoid? And this decision somehow shows excellent judgement worthy of a potential Commander in Chief?

    Comment by Jack Klompus (b796b4) — 7/24/2008 @ 8:42 pm

  25. Of course, I was nauseated that Obama would present his silly “We are the World” speech in front of a monument to Prussian agressive war victories.

    Comment by SPQR (26be8b) — 7/24/2008 @ 8:45 pm

  26. Just out of curiosity. How would people feel if Obama had gone to visit the military and wounded in Germany?

    Would there be a post about it?

    That would have been met with what? Glowing words of approval? Happiness? Approval? Warmth? A new found respect? Stoic grudging admiration? Non-committal silence?

    I wonder…I wonder….hmmmmmm…….

    Comment by Peter (e70d1c) — 7/24/2008 @ 8:48 pm

  27. Were all those people there to here someone make a speech in a language they do not understand or were they there to hear the two popular German rock bands that played before his arrival?

    Comment by Zelsdorf Ragshaft III (e18128) — 7/24/2008 @ 8:50 pm

  28. #26 if your messiah didnt care so much about himself and shameless self-promotion, you wouldnt have to wonder. but he decided to take the low road.

    Comment by chas (12a229) — 7/24/2008 @ 8:51 pm

  29. WLS. I think next time you make up a sentence:

    Obama to Axlerod: “No photographers? Why go then?”

    [I made the last sentence up -- my impersonation of Bob Woodward]

    – WLS

    You need to use 20 point type for your disclaimer as regretfully, many here are taking it to heart as the reality of the situation. Which is fine I guess if you want fiction to be commented on as fact. But something tells me you’d probably rather not right? I mean right? WLS??

    Comment by Peter (e70d1c) — 7/24/2008 @ 8:54 pm

  30. How would people feel if Obama had gone to visit the military and wounded in Germany?

    Mild surprise, along the lines of “a broken clock is right twice a day”. But we wouldn’t be making fun of him, because that is the very least he should have done.

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/24/2008 @ 8:54 pm

  31. Just out of curiosity. How would people feel if Obama had gone to visit the military and wounded in Germany?

    I guess we’ll never know, Peter, seeing as how he ain’t gonna do it.

    Comment by JVW (6a7c34) — 7/24/2008 @ 8:56 pm

  32. many here are taking it to heart as the reality of the situation.

    The only ones who missed the disclaimer have been you and lovey754BCE.

    Wow, color me surprised…

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/24/2008 @ 8:56 pm

  33. Yeah and you Waster:

    The facts that he was told that he couldn’t bring photographers along, then withdrew his request speaks volumes for his motivations.

    Comment by Peter (e70d1c) — 7/24/2008 @ 8:58 pm

  34. JVW:

    I guess we’ll never know, Peter, seeing as how he ain’t gonna do it.

    But you know he visited the troops in the Middle East right? You know in a warzone.

    Comment by Peter (e70d1c) — 7/24/2008 @ 9:00 pm

  35. Peter, you are confused. Drumwaster made an inference from the facts, not from WLS’ invented quote.

    Comment by SPQR (26be8b) — 7/24/2008 @ 9:00 pm

  36. But you know he visited the troops in the Middle East right? You know in a warzone.

    Whoop-de-do. Imagine a Presidential candidate doing that? McCain has only done it, what, five or six times at least?

    Obama was happy to visit with troops in the Mideast where his fawning press lackeys could cover every tic of His Wonderfulness, but once a military hospital came into play and the cameras were not allowed to follow. . . well, Obama suddenly has better things to do.

    Comment by JVW (6a7c34) — 7/24/2008 @ 9:06 pm

  37. I made an inference from this point in the earlier part of the post. To wit:

    One military official who was working on the Obama visit said because political candidates are prohibited from using military installations as campaign backdrops, Obama’s representatives were told, “he could only bring two or three of his Senate staff member, no campaign officials or workers.” In addition, “Obama could not bring any media. Only military photographers would be permitted to record Obama’s visit.

    The official said “We didn’t know why” the request to visit the wounded troops was withdrawn.

    What conclusion should I have drawn from those words? Or are you going to accuse me of “twisting” words again without actually being able to prove such a charge by providing a single example of me twisting any words?

    If so, I invite Patterico to note your earlier accusation and the lack of evidence to back it up, and the repeat of such accusation, and decide accordingly.

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/24/2008 @ 9:07 pm

  38. I was looking forward to the “O” messiah healing the sick and blessing the wounded so they could throw away their crutches and walk.

    Comment by Perfect Sense (9d1b08) — 7/24/2008 @ 9:07 pm

  39. #35

    What facts?

    Comment by Peter (e70d1c) — 7/24/2008 @ 9:07 pm

  40. You guys are so angry.

    Comment by TLove (b8e7b4) — 7/24/2008 @ 9:08 pm

  41. But you know he visited the troops in the Middle East right? You know in a warzone.

    Charlie Daniels has spent more time in Iraq than Barack.

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/24/2008 @ 9:08 pm

  42. #39 – you starting this BS again? how does a lying sack of crap like you live w/ yourself? i bet your co-workers, if you have a job, lock up their valuables when they leave their workspace. a person as dishonest as you cant be trusted in any aspect.

    Comment by chas (12a229) — 7/24/2008 @ 9:10 pm

  43. #37

    If you want to prove to Patterico that you’re a serial “twister of words” that’s fine by me.

    Where did you read that the official reason Obama canceled his visits to the German military installations is definitely based on his inability to bring photographers?

    Military photographers would’ve been there. His campaign relied on military journalists to shoot footage and take photos all through the Middle East.

    Although to give you the benefit of the doubt, I do think WLS should’ve left that made up bit out of his post.

    Comment by Peter (e70d1c) — 7/24/2008 @ 9:15 pm

  44. Chas:

    a person as dishonest as you cant be trusted in any aspect.

    How am I being dishonest?

    Comment by Peter (e70d1c) — 7/24/2008 @ 9:17 pm

  45. If you want to prove to Patterico that you’re a serial “twister of words” that’s fine by me.

    Then I invite, no, I DEFY you to produce a single instance where I misquoted you or distorted your words.

    Either prove the charge or withdraw the lie.

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/24/2008 @ 9:18 pm

  46. OK, Peter, I’ll play along. Seeing as how Sen. Obama did not divulge the reason for canceling his visit to the military hospital, and seeing as how the military people have no idea as to why he canceled the visit, let me ask: Why do you think he canceled? What to him is more important than visiting with our wounded troops? It will be very interesting to see what his new itinerary is tomorrow.

    Comment by JVW (6a7c34) — 7/24/2008 @ 9:19 pm

  47. How am I being dishonest?

    By saying things that are not true.

    Simple, huh?

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/24/2008 @ 9:19 pm

  48. Look, I don’t mean to spoil anyone’s party here and if this is an Obama hatefest thread, fine I’ll leave you guys to it, but please let’s not have any pretense of objectivity or that Obama is being given a fair shake about the fact that he didn’t visit the troops in Germany.

    Comment by Peter (e70d1c) — 7/24/2008 @ 9:20 pm

  49. #45

    Either prove the charge or withdraw the lie.

    That thread is over. I’m talking about this post here. How do people here assumer Obama didn’t see the troops because he couldn’t have his own photographers? He had military photographers before while he toured the green zone and other parts of the ME.

    Comment by Peter (e70d1c) — 7/24/2008 @ 9:24 pm

  50. that Obama is being given a fair shake about the fact that he didn’t visit the troops in Germany.

    Given that Obama’s withdrawal came after he was told that he couldn’t bring any staffers or paparazzi, why do you think he canceled?

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/24/2008 @ 9:24 pm

  51. Maybe he really likes his staffers.

    Comment by TLove (b8e7b4) — 7/24/2008 @ 9:25 pm

  52. That thread is over.

    Doesn’t mean it ceased existing. You made a charge there which was a lie. You have made a repeat of that charge in this thread, again without proof.

    That makes you a liar, and that is not an insult, that is a statement of fact.

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/24/2008 @ 9:25 pm

  53. #43
    Peter rocks!

    Comment by love2008 (0c8c2c) — 7/24/2008 @ 9:26 pm

  54. Maybe he really likes his staffers.

    Or maybe they didn’t dare let him talk without someone there to cut him off when he starts “misspeaking”.

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/24/2008 @ 9:26 pm

  55. Now that would be some strategery.

    Comment by TLove (b8e7b4) — 7/24/2008 @ 9:27 pm

  56. Drummer:

    Or maybe they didn’t dare let him talk without someone there to cut him off when he starts “misspeaking”.

    Maybe. Definitely a possibility.

    Anyhow, look I feel like I’m upsetting people and that really wasn’t my intention.

    So you guys have a good night.

    Comment by Peter (e70d1c) — 7/24/2008 @ 9:29 pm

  57. You won’t get out of having to provide proof for your lies by running away…

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/24/2008 @ 9:30 pm

  58. Wow, Barry might have had to face soldiers without more than a couple handlers, in private, without a teleprompter … and they were ready for him!

    I can just imagine the flopsweat that prospect engendered in O! … no wonder he bailed.

    Comment by Darleen (187edc) — 7/24/2008 @ 9:30 pm

  59. Peter, before you go, a couple of us have asked you why you think Obama has canceled. Would you be so kind as to elucidate for us before retiring?

    Comment by JVW (6a7c34) — 7/24/2008 @ 9:32 pm

  60. I’d like to think these two are playing ‘coy’ in an effort to change the subject (fast). But the Obama supporters are actually that dumb. The explanation by Drumwaster and the introductory fake quote by WLS are self-explanatory.

    Seriously. These are the people who plan to vote for this turd. Not a whit of analytical skills to figure out what happened here today. (Or there. At the non-political political backdrop. Which wasn’t used for political purposes… just political contributions.)

    $icko .

    Comment by Vermont Neighbor (31ccb6) — 7/24/2008 @ 9:37 pm

  61. which two?

    Comment by TLove (b8e7b4) — 7/24/2008 @ 9:38 pm

  62. Peter and lovez33AD, and Oiram, too.

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/24/2008 @ 9:44 pm

  63. Just in case you people are really interested in the truth. This is why the trip was cancelled.

    Obama senior adviser Robert Gibbs told us in a statement, “During his trip as part of the CODEL to Afghanistan and Iraq, Senator Obama visited the combat support hospital in the Green Zone in Baghdad and had a number of other visits with the troops. For the second part of his trip, the senator wanted to visit the men and women at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center to express his gratitude for their service and sacrifice. The senator decided out of respect for these servicemen and women that it would be inappropriate to make a stop to visit troops at a U.S. military facility as part of a trip funded by the campaign.”
    But of course that wont stop you all from more of your cynicism. It really makes you reps look so small.

    Comment by love2008 (0c8c2c) — 7/24/2008 @ 9:48 pm

  64. Would like to see Peter Levi Mario and J harpy all in the same room at the same time..

    Comment by Vermont Neighbor (31ccb6) — 7/24/2008 @ 9:49 pm

  65. But love2008, when it suited his purposes the Obama campaign said that this trip was NOT a campaign trip and that his speech in Berlin was NOT a campaign speech. Now that the venue has changed, it suddenly IS a campaign trip? Oh, I see, it isn’t a “campaign trip,” it’s merely “a trip funded by the campaign.” Do you really believe this horsepucky?

    Comment by JVW (6a7c34) — 7/24/2008 @ 9:54 pm

  66. oh ok. Just wanted to make sure this liberal didn’t get dragged into the mix.

    Comment by TLove (b8e7b4) — 7/24/2008 @ 9:59 pm

  67. Do you really believe this horsepucky?

    Don’t you know? She’s soaking in it!

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/24/2008 @ 9:59 pm

  68. What? No Obama Uber Alles.

    Comment by Perfect Sense (9d1b08) — 7/24/2008 @ 10:01 pm

  69. That’s it. Eureka. I finally believe Him:

    The senator decided out of respect for these servicemen and women that it would be inappropriate to make a stop to visit troops at a U.S. military facility as part of a trip funded by the campaign.

    He’s not lying: his campaign platform is so unAmerican that the speeches and flag pins don’t fool anyone. He was truly admitting that his campaign donations were in opposition to everything the troops have fought for. Even the shaman had to draw the line somewhere.

    It begs the question: Will cult members still be magnetically hypnotized by the empty suit and his Chicago mob masters?? Guess yes and win a seat at the 2009 coronation. 57 states strongly support this man’s future.

    Comment by Vermont Neighbor (31ccb6) — 7/24/2008 @ 10:02 pm

  70. ust out of curiosity. How would people feel if Obama had gone to visit the military and wounded in Germany?

    Would there be a post about it?

    That would have been met with what? Glowing words of approval? Happiness? Approval? Warmth? A new found respect? Stoic grudging admiration? Non-committal silence?

    I wonder…I wonder….hmmmmmm…….

    Bush has visited hundreds of wounded troops, and visited with hundreds of families who lost someone in the war. It is done away from the media. Go look for the reaction on the blogs to that. After Obama makes dozens of similar visits, he should expect similar commentary, no more no less.

    Comment by Freedoms Truth (cfa2f1) — 7/24/2008 @ 10:03 pm

  71. “The senator decided out of respect for these servicemen and women that it would be inappropriate to make a stop to visit troops at a U.S. military facility as part of a trip funded by the campaign.”

    This Obama statement is either very selfish or it makes no sense. How does it ‘disrespect’ the troops to walk and say “Hi, I’m here on campaign dime instead of taxpayer dime.” Will the troops be shocked and dismayed and say “Don’t come back here unless the taxpayers are funding your visit!”

    Rather, the Obama campaign is saying that “I’m in campaign mode and I dont have time for the wounded soldiers.”

    Obama campaign’s statement is selve-serving hash, just like his berlin speech.

    Comment by Freedoms Truth (cfa2f1) — 7/24/2008 @ 10:07 pm

  72. #65
    Relax. It’s been a very busy day for the senator. You know, meeting the chancellor and addressing a huge crowd of 200,000 people and all. That can really be stressfull you know. Give him time. If I know Obama, he might decide to find a way to include them in his itinerary before he leaves. Lets not wet our pants on this. It’s really a non issue since we have not heard the end of it.

    Comment by love2008 (0c8c2c) — 7/24/2008 @ 10:08 pm

  73. If I know Obama, he might decide to

    And when he doesn’t? Will you still vote for him>

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/24/2008 @ 10:10 pm

  74. Tlove, you’re going to be a fabulous attorney. Right? I’d vote for you in a NY minute before Obama. Your ethics and credentials are leaps and bounds ahead of the messiah. We’re learning too, too much about this cretin. But lucky for him, everyone’s busy on their my space page – or watching The Hills.

    Comment by Vermont Neighbor (31ccb6) — 7/24/2008 @ 10:11 pm

  75. “If I know Obama”

    You don’t know Obama at all.

    If you knew Obama and what he would really do to the country, you wouldn’t be a shill for the dishonest sham campaign of the most leftwing and least qualified man ever nominated for President.

    http://no-bama.blogspot.com/

    Comment by Freedoms Truth (cfa2f1) — 7/24/2008 @ 10:15 pm

  76. Love 2008 wrote: But of course that wont stop you all from more of your cynicism. It really makes you reps look so small.

    Oops! You misspelled “smart.”

    Cynicism is a natural reaction to Barack Obama if you have a clear head and you are really paying attention.

    Comment by L.N. Smithee (ef90eb) — 7/24/2008 @ 10:15 pm

  77. Relax. It’s been a very busy day for the senator.

    Did you see that in your crystal ball?

    Congrats, Barry has a job for you!

    Comment by Darleen (187edc) — 7/24/2008 @ 10:16 pm

  78. It’s been a very busy day for the senator. You know, meeting the chancellor and addressing a huge crowd of 200,000 people and all.

    Love ’08, I hate to bring up slave times. But what makes you think Barry isn’t working for the man?

    Comment by Vermont Neighbor (31ccb6) — 7/24/2008 @ 10:18 pm

  79. Love 2008 wrote: It’s been a very busy day for the senator. You know, meeting the chancellor and addressing a huge crowd of 200,000 people and all.

    Chancellor Palpatine? That would explain a lot.

    Comment by L.N. Smithee (ef90eb) — 7/24/2008 @ 10:20 pm

  80. I made my disclaimer bold and in italics. I don’t see a command in WordPress for changing the font size.

    Happy now Peter? Had I known LoveMax was only 12 years old and couldn’t understand the disclaimer – or my reference to Bob Woodward apparently – I guess I could have figured out a way to make it understandable for junior high schoolers.

    Comment by WLS (ab3e74) — 7/24/2008 @ 10:21 pm

  81. Via ABC’s Jake Tapper, Obama’s adviser added this regarding why Obama decided not to visit the troops:

    An Obama adviser, Air Force Maj. Gen. Scott Gration (Ret.), later elaborated on Obama’s decision to skip the event.

    “We learned from the Pentagon last night that the visit would be viewed instead as a campaign event,” Gration said. “Sen. Obama did not want to have a trip to see our wounded warriors perveived as a campaign event when his visit was to show his appreciation for our troops and decided instead not to go.”

    It sounds like they are blaming the Pentagon.

    Comment by DRJ (cb68f2) — 7/24/2008 @ 10:22 pm

  82. Cynicism is a natural reaction to Barack Obama if you have a clear head and you are really paying attention.

    The Hype&Chains campaign has used multiple line of political indoctrination to get their followers to turn against “cynicism”. You see, you cant heal our souls with cynicism.

    Comment by Freedoms Truth (cfa2f1) — 7/24/2008 @ 10:23 pm

  83. Love2008 @ 63:

    But that explanation is a non-sequitur.

    What about the fact that his trip to Germany is paid for by the campaign makes it inappropriate to visit the military hospital? The hospital said the visit was fine as long as it was not staging for a campaign appearance. Obama could have gone there with 2 or 3 staffers, spoken to some of the soldiers, talked to the military staff about the way the handle the soldiers’ medical needs, and then left. It wouldn’t have been a campaign appearance, it would have been an appearance by a sitting US Senator at a military hospital abroad.

    The explanation is akin to me saying “The sun rose in the east this morning so I elected to not have Cherrios for breakfast out of respect for the sun.”

    The staff was expecting him, they told him the parameters of what was permissible so there would be no mistake, but instead of going Obama hit the press up for their ideas about what sights he should visit in Berlin.

    Comment by WLS (ab3e74) — 7/24/2008 @ 10:28 pm

  84. DRJ quoted ABC’s Jake Tapper:

    An Obama adviser, Air Force Maj. Gen. Scott Gration (Ret.), later elaborated on Obama’s decision to skip the event.

    “We learned from the Pentagon last night that the visit would be viewed instead as a campaign event,” Gration said. “Sen. Obama did not want to have a trip to see our wounded warriors perveived as a campaign event when his visit was to show his appreciation for our troops and decided instead not to go.”

    Jeez, it’s no wonder they made you a General, Einstein. You guys needed the Pentagon to tell you that before you figured it out? Yep, he’s ready to be Commander of Chief (sic).

    Comment by L.N. Smithee (ef90eb) — 7/24/2008 @ 10:29 pm

  85. The US is so mean! The Pentagon makes it sound like Obama is trying to campaign on foreign soil. I heart Obama.

    /s

    Comment by Vermont Neighbor (31ccb6) — 7/24/2008 @ 10:29 pm

  86. No Camera’s –
    No Buzz –
    No Show!

    A man has to know his priorities.

    Comment by Another Drew (a28ef4) — 7/24/2008 @ 10:32 pm

  87. He’ll be on the phone later with Jerry Wright for guidance and spiritual support. (Yeah… he’s calling in the big guns. You racists got any problems with that?)

    Comment by Vermont Neighbor (31ccb6) — 7/24/2008 @ 10:35 pm

  88. Hm.

    Comment by TLove (b8e7b4) — 7/24/2008 @ 10:39 pm

  89. 15
    Wrong again Drum! The reason he said he wasnt going was because he did not want to turn it into a political thing. I think that was a noble thing to do. But you guys would rather feast on that than talk about the 200,000 enthusiastic people that flocked to hear him talk. Something good is coming out of America again. Halleluyah! Jealousy is the game of small minds. Get over yourselves and embrace change. It’s a new day.

    Lol, Seriously here, The reason Obama didn’t go is he couldn’t make political advantage out of it. Not that you care about that or anything, but some people actually care about the motivations of people. Thats how we know to trust them and find out who they really are.

    Comment by G (c0157b) — 7/24/2008 @ 10:49 pm

  90. Obama could have solved the probem very easily and told the press corps, fellow senators and groupies that he wanted to avoid any appearance of impropriety and go alone. Period.

    He could have spent the time with injured soldiers, encouraged them, listened to them, or just sat quietly not even mentioning the campaign or his run but instead doing something selfless and costing him nothing but a little time, he chose not to.

    It speaks volumes about who and what he felt was more important.

    The soldiers deserve far better than that. He should be ashamed of himself.

    Comment by Dana (f3e2a8) — 7/24/2008 @ 10:49 pm

  91. Seems to me he had insight into how the Right Wing works. Remember how Dukakis was set up in that tank? The Hyper Conservative military complex was waiting to just get Obama in their clutches and the guy was again smart enough to escape that trap.

    Jim Webb is right about the military. It’s become 95 percent politicized while under Reagan/Bush with of course the Republicans being the party owning it.

    Comment by datadave (7420e3) — 7/25/2008 @ 2:38 am

  92. Remember how Dukakis was set up in that tank?

    Too bad those reporters didn’t see him being crammed into that tank at gunpoint, huh?

    Maybe the Secret Service guys ran into him on their bikes and knocked him down… no, wait, that was the other loser from Massachusetts, wasn’t it?

    Maybe if the Democrats just admitted that they don’t have enough brains to pour piss out of a combat boot if the instructions were printed on the heel the necessary experience to handle military issues, the press would give them a pass on it, like they do the other little things.

    Like character. And honesty. And experience.

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/25/2008 @ 4:19 am

  93. How was a visit to Landsthul any different than his previous visits to bases in Iraq & Afghanistan? It’s not. He saw no political gain in visiting the wounded. BHO was more interested in wallowing in the warm fuzzy of Berlin than taking the time to pay respects to people in uniform.

    Comment by Ray (56e37c) — 7/25/2008 @ 4:22 am

  94. datadave brings it every time.

    DRJ – I do not think there is enough room under the back of Baracky’s bus for the Pentagon.

    Comment by JD (5f0e11) — 7/25/2008 @ 4:40 am

  95. Obama could have solved the probem very easily and told the press corps, fellow senators and groupies that he wanted to avoid any appearance of impropriety and go alone. Period.

    And that would have demonstrated respect for and gratitude to the troops. It also would have been pretty much the way the Army was telling him it was going to work. He simply chose to do otherwise, period.

    Ray,

    How was a visit to Landstuhl any different than his previous visits to bases in Iraq & Afghanistan?

    Turns out, it wound up being pretty similar with the exception being that he didn’t get a photo op. See Blackfive here and here.

    Comment by Pablo (99243e) — 7/25/2008 @ 5:07 am

  96. Obama and his campaign have no respect for anyone. He thinks the voting public are a bunch of fools who need him to run their lives Soviet style.

    The Obama Campaign thought nothing of defiling the Wailing wall with Obama Campaign signs. If I were Jewish, I’d really be offended.

    Third, again the Democrats and the Obama campaign show their disgust and hatred for the troops by cancelling the hospital visit.

    Comment by PCD (5c49b0) — 7/25/2008 @ 5:25 am

  97. waiting to just get Obama in their clutches

    Obama and Democrats view the US military as their enemy?

    Who knew?

    Comment by Darleen (187edc) — 7/25/2008 @ 5:56 am

  98. More “non-stories” like this, and Obama won’t have anything at all to show for this trip.

    Let’s see, Obama: met with Karzai in Afghanistan; had Maliki endorse his withdrawal plan; had a face-to-face with Petraeus; gave a speech to cheering American soldiers in Iraq; hit nothing but net from the 3-point line; met with Jordan’s King Abdullah; talked to Mahmoud Abbas, Ehud Barak and Ehud Olmert; gave speech to 200,000+ people in Berlin; talked to Angela Merkel; and will meet Nicolas Sarkozy. You’re right, I guess he won’t have anything to show for this trip. Meanwhile John McSame visited a grocery store in Wilkes-Barre and had sausages at Schmidt’s Authentic German restaurant.

    Comment by master shake (27ee58) — 7/25/2008 @ 6:18 am

  99. Dukakis was “set up” in the tank … how do people like datadave manage to feed themselves unassisted?

    Comment by SPQR (26be8b) — 7/25/2008 @ 6:33 am

  100. shake

    O! may indeed win the election, but not without the extraordinary help of a blatantly partisan MSM who are openly campaigning for him.

    McCain doesn’t have to pretend that US troops abroad and at home respect him. He has been with them often enough. O! does a Hollywood style air-kissing driveby and then when he can’t have that protective right of ankle-licking reporters as a buffer between him and troops, he cancels a visit.

    O! has nothing to run on except his oft-voiced “judgment”. We are now seeing how shallow that is, too.

    Comment by Darleen (187edc) — 7/25/2008 @ 6:37 am

  101. had Maliki endorse his withdrawal plan

    Uh, no. He did not.

    had a face-to-face with Petraeus

    Who also did not endorse his withdrawal plan.

    gave a speech to cheering American soldiers in Iraq

    Uh, no. He didn’t do that.

    hit nothing but net from the 3-point line

    Which is much cooler than bowling a 37, I must say.

    met with Jordan’s King Abdullah; talked to Mahmoud Abbas, Ehud Barak and Ehud Olmert; gave speech to 200,000+ people in Berlin; talked to Angela Merkel; and will meet Nicolas Sarkozy.

    All of which means what, exactly? Aside from the Berlin speech, George Bush has done all of those things repeatedly. He must be a great President, huh?

    Comment by Pablo (99243e) — 7/25/2008 @ 6:39 am

  102. should be:

    protective ring of ankle-licking reporters as a buffer

    Comment by Darleen (187edc) — 7/25/2008 @ 6:39 am

  103. BTW,

    gave a speech to cheering American soldiers in Iraq

    Bush has actually done that one a whole bunch of times. Which apparently means he’s an outstanding president. Is that right, ms?

    Comment by Pablo (99243e) — 7/25/2008 @ 6:41 am

  104. Master Shake!! The bell is about to ring and you know you get detention if you stay in the computer lab too long!

    Comment by Jack Klompus (cf3660) — 7/25/2008 @ 7:10 am

  105. Oh man that douche datadave posts here too?
    The Maliki “endorsement” is the latest of the great spins from the Left to put lipstick on the pig. It’s like they hand out “Directive #69: – repeatedly say that Maliki “endorses” Obama’s timetable such that impression will be that Obama is such a freaking diplomatic magician already that he’s made the Iraqi ambassador completely change his agenda in favor of the elixir that only Obama the Magnificent could bring.

    Comment by Jack Klompus (cf3660) — 7/25/2008 @ 7:14 am

  106. Even the NY Times is starting to complain about the content-free speeches of Obama. That is some sort of earthquake !

    Obama, Vague on Issues, Pleases Crowd in Europe

    Wow !

    On Thursday evening in a glittering Berlin, Mr. Obama delivered a tone poem to American and European ideals and shared history.

    But he was vague on crucial issues of trade, defense and foreign policy that currently divide Washington from Europe and are likely to continue to do so even if he becomes president — issues ranging from Russia, Turkey, Iran and Afghanistan to new refueling tankers and chlorinated chickens, the focus of an 11-year European ban on American poultry imports.

    Maybe some right-winger snuck into the NYT editorial offices and commandeered a PC. Could it all be a right-wing plot ?

    What do you say, lefties ?

    Comment by Mike K (586583) — 7/25/2008 @ 7:45 am

  107. But Mike don’t you get it? He MET all those leaders, he MET with them dammit! Aren’t you totally f’n blown away by the fact that a man pursuing the Presidency actually, hold onto your hat, MET with the people who are leaders of other countries!! And that crowd, man! I wonder how many Turks were in that crowd. Probably not that many given that they seem to be the only people in Berlin who are actually working while the Germans while away hours in cafes. Throw in the miscreant anarcho-squatter crowd that fills Alexanderplatz and there’s about six figures right there.

    Comment by Jack Klompus (cf3660) — 7/25/2008 @ 7:52 am

  108. Robert Gibbs, a spokesman for the Obama campaign, said,”it would be inappropriate to make a stop to visit troops at a U.S. military facility as part of a trip funded by the campaign.” So, either he did not visit the wounded soldiers because he could not make it a campaign photo op, or he believes most of his campaign contributors do not support the troops and would be offended if he visited them.

    Comment by rex jonas (84a3d5) — 7/25/2008 @ 8:07 am

  109. master shake (an unfortunate moniker) wrote: Let’s see, Obama: met with Karzai in Afghanistan; had Maliki endorse his withdrawal plan; had a face-to-face with Petraeus; gave a speech to cheering American soldiers in Iraq; hit nothing but net from the 3-point line; met with Jordan’s King Abdullah; talked to Mahmoud Abbas, Ehud Barak and Ehud Olmert; gave speech to 200,000+ people in Berlin; talked to Angela Merkel; and will meet Nicolas Sarkozy. You’re right, I guess he won’t have anything to show for this trip.

    If George W. Bush had gone on a European tour in 2000 when running against Vice President Al Gore, who already knew the major players in the world, would you have been impressed?

    Comment by L.N. Smithee (a0b21b) — 7/25/2008 @ 9:12 am

  110. Mike K wrote: Maybe some right-winger snuck into the NYT editorial offices and commandeered a PC. Could it all be a right-wing plot ?

    (In sing-song voice): Somebody’s going to the woodshed…Somebody’s going to the woodshed…

    Comment by L.N. Smithee (a0b21b) — 7/25/2008 @ 9:14 am

  111. Pablo wrote: Which is much cooler than bowling a 37, I must say.

    Last time I bowled, I opened a blister on my right thumb in the third frame of my final game. I bowled the remainder of the game left-handed, and got two strikes and picked up two spares.

    BTW – I am a black man (both parents).

    Yeah, Barry “The Bomber” Obama was a decent HS player in Hawaii. But did he make Harvard or Columbia’s squad?

    Comment by L.N. Smithee (a0b21b) — 7/25/2008 @ 9:23 am

  112. The GaffeMaster strikes again! To see a list of the Obamasiah’s gaffes go to: http://jraymondwright.blogspot.com/

    The last one is a great one –winnie the pooh, winnie the pooh….

    Comment by J. Raymond Wright (d83ab3) — 7/25/2008 @ 9:59 am

  113. “The senator decided out of respect for these servicemen and women that it would be inappropriate to make a stop to visit troops at a U.S. military facility as part of a trip funded by the campaign.”
    But of course that wont stop you all from more of your cynicism. It really makes you reps look so small.”

    Silly Billy.

    The money has nothing to do with it. Character does.

    Comment by davod (5bdbd3) — 7/25/2008 @ 11:29 am

  114. http://www.vetvoice.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=1671
    “McCain’s Double Standard on Campaign Visits to Military Bases”
    There you’ll find a link to an old story from April at CNN

    With Department of Defense rules prohibiting political campaigning on military bases, it was determined that in some cases McCain could visit the installations as a senator but could not engage in any political activity or have news media present.
    McCain campaign officials said Thursday they intentionally did not campaign on military property.

    “We follow the rules,” said senior McCain adviser Steve Schmidt.

    Because all three presidential candidates are sitting senators, DoD officials have privately noted for some weeks that the whole matter of drawing the line between Senate business and campaigning is sensitive.

    A U.S. Army official told CNN there are no pending requests from any of the campaigns to visit Army bases at this time. He noted that Sen. Barack Obama recently visited Fayetteville, North Carolina, but did not go to Fort Bragg; and Sen. Hillary Clinton visited Killeen, Texas, but did not go to Fort Hood.

    For his Wednesday visit to the U.S. Naval Academy — of which he is a graduate — McCain was allowed to make a political appearance at the academy’s football stadium because it is privately owned property and is not owned or run by the U.S. military.

    Comment by JAR (ab000b) — 7/25/2008 @ 12:40 pm

  115. JAR -What does your post have to do with visiting the injured?

    Comment by davod (5bdbd3) — 7/25/2008 @ 12:46 pm

  116. It’s called ‘Tu Quoque‘.

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/25/2008 @ 1:03 pm

  117. Drum – It has nothing to do with it, other than to point out that Baracky did not do it because his visit was overtly political, rather than doing it because it would be the right thing to do.

    Comment by JD (75f5c3) — 7/25/2008 @ 1:07 pm

  118. Read the whole thing…

    “But the Navy declined a McCain campaign request to speak at the Naval Aviation Museum at the naval base in Pensacola, Florida, because it is a military owned installation and is located on the base, the official said.”

    Comment by JAR (ab000b) — 7/25/2008 @ 1:11 pm

  119. Still not seeing the exact thing JAR.

    First off, the major thing here is this is an overseas military base with our wounded soldiers in it.

    Secondly, its not April, its near end of July. Last I remember McCain or Obama were not their parties presumptive nominees yet. Perhaps McCain was by then, though I don’t specifically know.

    I think those are pretty significant differences. But thanks for the read.

    Comment by G (722480) — 7/25/2008 @ 2:38 pm

  120. If George W. Bush had gone on a European tour in 2000 when running against Vice President Al Gore, who already knew the major players in the world, would you have been impressed?

    Where’s this irrelevant line of questioning going, your honor?

    But Mike don’t you get it? He MET all those leaders, he MET with them dammit! Aren’t you totally f’n blown away by the fact that a man pursuing the Presidency actually, hold onto your hat, MET with the people who are leaders of other countries!!

    You wingnuts are bitter degenerate fools. First, you whine like bitches when Obama pronounces himself on Iraq “prematurely” before re-visiting the “situation on the ground”. Then you whine like bitches when he goes there. The envy is so thick you can cut it with a knife. Wow, what a bunch of morons!

    Comment by master shake (27ee58) — 7/25/2008 @ 2:47 pm

  121. JAR,

    I think you’re missing the point. Obama was told he was welcome to cheer up the wounded, but the press had to stay away. Obama chose to go sight-seeing instead, even though it was canceling the commitment he made, and teh plans of those wounded vets and medical staff for a dog and pony show. He cancelled his plans when it become clear he wouldn’t get any good press of how evil Bush had maimed all these troops.

    Yeah, Obama’s campaign is grasping wildly trying to find a way to make this less ugly. Your article is a good example of a totally ridiculous rebuttal. Obama had a commitment that he broke, and it’s something the voters won’t like.

    Comment by Juan (a31de5) — 7/25/2008 @ 2:52 pm

  122. “Where’s this irrelevant line of questioning going, your honor?”

    Judge: “Ill strike that as non – responsive, Master Douchebag.”

    “First, you whine like bitches…”

    Judge: “Master Douchebag, do you know how to answer a question, or are you mentally unfit to stand trial?”

    Comment by Dmac (416471) — 7/25/2008 @ 3:30 pm

  123. “Irrelevant” = I have been caught in a scenario that forces me to engage in critical thinking about my political views and decide to opt out and curse like a 7th grader.
    you whine like bitches when Obama pronounces himself on Iraq “prematurely”
    Okay so questioning the wisdom of making policy statements in the world’s leading newspaper about a major issue of global impact, before he goes to the actual theater is “whining like bitches.” And you dismiss “situation on the ground” with scare quotes?
    You may call yourself mastershake but seriously you have the logic and intellect of a meatwad.

    Comment by Jack Klompus (b796b4) — 7/25/2008 @ 3:47 pm

  124. #123

    Nice summary, Jack.

    Comment by Vermont Neighbor (31ccb6) — 7/25/2008 @ 4:31 pm

  125. Thanks VT. My family used to go skiing at Killington every winter or two – love Vermont. I just find it amusing that this nitwit MasterDingus attempts to be snarky by using a courtroom reference completely ignorant of the presence of actual attorneys on this blog. Hey Shakey, go plan the freshman dance.

    Comment by Jack Klompus (b796b4) — 7/25/2008 @ 5:38 pm

  126. Okay so questioning the wisdom of making policy statements in the world’s leading newspaper about a major issue of global impact, before he goes to the actual theater is “whining like bitches.”

    Exactly, you wingnuts are the biggest whiny bitches I’ve ever had the misfortune of being exposed to. Get a freakin’ life.

    Irrelevant” = I have been caught in a scenario that forces me to engage in critical thinking about my political views and decide to opt out and curse like a 7th grader.

    No, “irrelevant” = not relevant or having no bearing on or connection with the subject at issue. It’s not a difficult word.

    Judge: “Master Douchebag, do you know how to answer a question, or are you mentally unfit to stand trial?”

    Did you just write “Master Douchebag”? That’s incredibly clever.

    Comment by master shake (27ee58) — 7/25/2008 @ 5:55 pm

  127. Exactly, you wingnuts are the biggest whiny bitches I’ve ever had the misfortune of being exposed to.

    Try Denver in a few weeks. You’ll get so sick of hearing those namby-pamby little wet farts protesting that they aren’t getting their way that you won’t even hang around for the traditional feces-filled balloons being thrown at “the pigs”.

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/25/2008 @ 6:00 pm

  128. I’m sure Denver won’t be half as whiny as little shakey gets when he gets grounded for missing curfew.
    Recreate ’68 – the ultimate fashion runway for today’s fiercest American radikals.

    Comment by Jack Klompus (b796b4) — 7/25/2008 @ 6:03 pm

  129. #128

    It’s sad but today’s radicals wouldn’t know how to dress without Urban Outfitters.

    Off topic: Thanks Jack. I’ve never been to Vermont. I chose the handle because of Howard Dean. I had to respond to a swooning Dem about the Governor’s skills at providing for the children of his state. I pointed out that the programs in question were federally funded. I don’t ski… but then I don’t vote change either… and I definitely don’t vote for hopiness! : j

    Comment by Vermont Neighbor (31ccb6) — 7/25/2008 @ 6:27 pm

  130. The mix of the Dean Scream over Ozzy’s Crazy Train is well crafted. I love the swoon. Cults of personality are funny in certain quali…ooh wow that potato chip is in the shape of Obama’s head!!

    Comment by Jack Klompus (b796b4) — 7/25/2008 @ 6:33 pm

  131. You know Obama really needs that fawning media to kiss his ass and swell his head even more. I got a kick out of Mark Hemingway’s take over at the Corner on the Messiah’s Berlin coverage. Thinks the der Spiegel article must have been difficult to write “as I imagine it was cramped inside Obama’s posterior.”

    Indeed Urkel sure can accomodate an amazing number of obamatards up his narrow heiney, including the likes of love4000BC, mastur bater, peter pecker and assorted other moonbat jetsam and flotsam.

    Arbeit macht frei! change! hope! Fresh fruit! Obama du hast die Gans gestohlen, gibt sie wieder her, sonst wird sie der Jaeger McCain holen, mit dem Schieszgewahr.

    Comment by madmax333 (0c6cfc) — 7/25/2008 @ 7:49 pm

  132. Indeed Urkel sure can accomodate an amazing number of obamatards up his narrow heiney, including the likes of love4000BC, mastur bater peter pecker and assorted other moonbat jetsam and flotsam.

    Wow, “mastur bater”: I never get tired of such clever witticisms. But, just as I’m thinking you’ve reached the apogee of cunning humor, you come up with “peter pecker” and “love4000BC”! I mean, how funny is that? It’s like you’ve conjured the creative spirits of Mark Twain, Oscar Wylde and Thomas Jefferson. I’m humbled and speechless… you know, like gramps McCain.

    Arbeit macht frei! change! hope! Fresh fruit! Obama du hast die Gans gestohlen, gibt sie wieder her, sonst wird sie der Jaeger McCain holen, mit dem Schieszgewahr.

    Looks like your German lessons have payed off. Your mastery of German must really impress your stormfront buddies.

    Comment by master shake (27ee58) — 7/25/2008 @ 8:45 pm

  133. Looks like your German lessons have payed off.

    However, your English lessons? Not so much.

    I’m sure that “Mark Twain, Oscar Wylde [sic] and Thomas Jefferson” are either laughing or spinning in their graves at your invocation.

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/25/2008 @ 8:48 pm

  134. master shake…

    all you have done is prove the point made by Jack Klumpus in #123, where you can’t make a response or an argument or a point…that so many have chosen to call you names…well, that you could stop if you can make a decent response to any of the points made against you…

    But, you can’t, can you?

    So, what should I call you….

    Stupid, which means that you know what to do and do the wrong thing anyway….

    Or, idiot, which means you can’t learn anything….

    No, I won’t go there….

    But, I did go back to your first post on this string….and tried to understand your misspelling of the word fuck…

    Another word you have no idea of the real meaning of, do you???

    Comment by reff (b68a4f) — 7/25/2008 @ 9:04 pm

  135. Exactly, you wingnuts are the biggest whiny bitches I’ve ever had the misfortune of being exposed to. Get a freakin’ life.

    He says while engaging with “the biggest whiny bitches I’ve ever had the misfortune of being exposed to.”

    You might want to try that “Get a life” line in the mirror until it sinks in.

    Comment by Pablo (99243e) — 7/25/2008 @ 9:05 pm

  136. I’m sure that “Mark Twain, Oscar Wylde [sic]* and Thomas Jefferson” are either laughing or spinning in their graves at your invocation.

    You’re right. There’s no comparison between maxmax333′s wit and the shallow musings of those amateurs. He wrote “mastur bater”… “M-a-s-t-u-r b-a-t-e-r”! Get it?? I’m still laughing…

    *Sorry, I need to brush up on my Gaelic too.

    Comment by master shake (27ee58) — 7/25/2008 @ 9:10 pm

  137. *Sorry, I need to brush up on my Gaelic too.

    Actually, I’m pretty sure that his last name is of Germanic origin.

    Keep digging, you’ll hit China eventually.

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/25/2008 @ 9:16 pm

  138. Would have gone with “master baiter”, but you my neo-marxist friend would hardly qualify. Where are your various fellow moonbat trolls hanging out at this time? It must be really crowded around Urkel’s nether regions by now. And why isn’t obamalamdingdong putting any space between himself and Juan McCain in the polls? Perhaps more actual AMERICAN likely voters are realziing what an arrogant, self-aggrandizing piece rat feces he really is?

    Comment by madmax333 (0c6cfc) — 7/25/2008 @ 9:18 pm

  139. all you have done is prove the point made by Jack Klumpus in #123, where you can’t make a response or an argument or a point…that so many have chosen to call you names…well, that you could stop if you can make a decent response to any of the points made against you…

    You serious? Obviously, I’m not trying to make a response or argument or a point. I’m well aware that such concepts would be lost on a group of rabid right-wing moonbats. I’d rather just ridicule them… which is much more productive than dignifying their idiocy by attempting to reason with them. You don’t discuss astrophysics with monkeys and you don’t try to use logic on a wingnut.

    BTW, did anyone see the applesauce attack on McCain? Classic! I thought he was going to soil his depends.

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=GayO4pc8S_A&feature=related

    Comment by master shake (27ee58) — 7/25/2008 @ 9:23 pm

  140. And why isn’t obamalamdingdong putting any space between himself and Juan McCain in the polls? Perhaps more actual AMERICAN likely voters are realziing what an arrogant, self-aggrandizing piece rat feces he really is?

    No, it’s probably because there are a lot of complete brain-dead retards like you in the country. Almost 30% think Bush is doing a heck-of-a-job, after all.

    Comment by master shake (27ee58) — 7/25/2008 @ 9:28 pm

  141. #139….

    Yes, I’m serious….I’d love to read how your candidate would be better for America than mine…

    But, you can’t do that….you say it is because it would be lost on a group of rabid right-wing moonbats, but, it’s really because you are so void of knowledge and abilities that all you can go is ridicule…a total lack of courage….

    Thanks for responding….

    Comment by reff (b68a4f) — 7/25/2008 @ 9:31 pm

  142. Compared with only 9% who think Congress is foing that heck-of-a-job.

    Which branch of Government does Obama belong to again? (Before you throw out your inevitable tu quoque, I’m not going to be voting for McAmnesty, either.)

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/25/2008 @ 9:32 pm

  143. It must be really crowded around Urkel’s nether regions by now.

    Urkel? Who’s Urkel and why do you want to crawl into his nether regions? Keep you sick fantasies to yourself.

    Comment by master shake (27ee58) — 7/25/2008 @ 9:34 pm

  144. (Before you throw out your inevitable tu quoque, I’m not going to be voting for McAmnesty, either.)

    My bad, I had no idea David Duke was running again.

    Comment by master shake (27ee58) — 7/25/2008 @ 9:36 pm

  145. Urkel? Who’s Urkel

    Try Googling “Slublog”.

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/25/2008 @ 9:37 pm

  146. This is what passes for freedom of opinion in the Democratic Party.

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/25/2008 @ 9:39 pm

  147. But, you can’t do that….you say it is because it would be lost on a group of rabid right-wing moonbats, but, it’s really because you are so void of knowledge and abilities that all you can go is ridicule…a total lack of courage….

    No, I really, really, mean it… it’s because I think rabid right wing moonbats are worthy only of contempt and ridicule. Trying to reason with them would be a complete waste of bandwidth.

    Comment by master shake (27ee58) — 7/25/2008 @ 9:41 pm

  148. Then you admit to being a troll with no possible chance at having any redeeming virtues?

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/25/2008 @ 9:47 pm

  149. I admit to thinking you’re an oblivious moron.

    Comment by master shake (27ee58) — 7/25/2008 @ 9:52 pm

  150. I admit to thinking you’re an oblivious moron.

    Try Googling “Slublog”.

    Now, why would I do that?

    Comment by master shake (27ee58) — 7/25/2008 @ 9:55 pm

  151. I admit to thinking you’re an ignorant moron.

    Comment by Shake Master (639fa4) — 7/25/2008 @ 10:00 pm

  152. Please disregard two of the last three comments. I guess the server was slow. The spirit of the post stands though.

    Comment by Shake Master (639fa4) — 7/25/2008 @ 10:03 pm

  153. Ooh master shake you hottie you!!
    It’s the progressive costume featuring training wheels! It’s cute shakey – you have the profanity down and a handful of the ad nauseam repeatables (wingnut, rightwing)so your toddler steps into the world of the “tuned in” radical type persona that you’re trying fashion yourself as. Did you get the Crass and Decemberists records too? Dreaming of going to Reed College in two years?
    That’s really cool you use an Aqua Teen character as your online pseudonym you use when telling off the right-wingers. Notch a couple of hipster points in the belt for that and return to practicing your “I Hate Bush” face in the mirror and then circle jerk with the punk rocker teen facebook group.
    You’re working on those literary-historical references to try to give your edgy commentary a little cerebral cred too, that’s great. Try reading authors you name drop in addition to spelling their names correctly. Any particular works or thoughts from that trifecta you felt bold enough to cite as if anyone would be awed at the fact that you MAY have followed teacher’s guidelines on the syllabus from English class last year.
    Keep writing in righteous anger, kid! You’re really impressing people!

    Comment by Jack Klompus (b796b4) — 7/25/2008 @ 10:44 pm

  154. you have the profanity down and a handful of the ad nauseam repeatables (wingnut, rightwing)

    You forgot moonbat and… idiot, moron, retard, dumbass, dumbfuck. You know, all the words that apply to you. Anyway, I hope your little tirade was cathartic.

    You’re really impressing people!

    Let’s face it. The only way I could possibly impress these moonbat wingnuts would have to involve some combination of monster trucks, confederate flags, double-wide trailers, Mexican hunting and burning crosses. I’m not interested.

    Comment by master shake (27ee58) — 7/26/2008 @ 7:05 am

  155. #154 enlighten us as to why Urkel turns on you trolls sexually? Tell us what he has ever done to warrant rock star status and fainting cretins? What has he ever actually accomplished in the real world beyond being a “community organizer”, bootlicking terrorists and racist preachers, voting present most of the time in Ill. senate and using dirty tricks to remove opponents in his elections? I guess Hitler had the same sort of blind support and allegiance as you Obamatards present to the world. Tell us, were you a Paultard before you switched to wanting to be sodomized by Urkel? Enquiring minds want to know. And where is your usual place of abode besides your mama’s basement? I mean what efevr swamp bred your ilk? DU, Kos, Huff, moron.org et al?

    Comment by madmax333 (0c6cfc) — 7/26/2008 @ 7:22 am

  156. 155. There is no way this little dork shakey is older than 15. 16 at the oldest. Look at his stunning choice of words, including the ones that he uses to allegedly insult people with, e.g. references to confederate flags and David Duke, etc. He’s probably flicking boogers at his monitor and stomping up and down going “I hate you I hate you!!!”

    Comment by Jack Klompus (b796b4) — 7/26/2008 @ 8:31 am

  157. You know, all the words that apply to you.

    Translation: “I know you are, but what am I?”

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/26/2008 @ 9:04 am

  158. INSULT TO INJURY …
    The ‘real’ story is that Obama could have visited the wounded soldiers, but the Pentagon said not with the huge entourage and media circus … however, Obama supporters are now trying to mislead the American people by enabling Obama to now blame the Pentagon for HIS bad decision. This is a typical form of damage control that the Obama and his people have used throughout his campaign. If Obama does something right, they shower credit upon him … if he does something wrong, they blame it on someone else, or they tell us we misinterpreted what happened.

    Comment by Lee (6261e4) — 7/26/2008 @ 9:15 am

  159. #154 Certainly, the traditional method of impressing us – that of writing a coherent argument – is not available to you So you stick to stupid, non-creative insults that do nothing but reinforce your lack of credibility and I guess make you feel less inferior.

    Comment by SPQR (26be8b) — 7/26/2008 @ 9:17 am

  160. Seriously, who still uses “redneck” iconography to insult people? I’m sure endless doses of Nickelodeon and MTV are filling little shakey’s brain with lots of delightful ideas (those and the collective works of Oscar Wylde that he certainly has read. He used “cathartic” well though. That must have been on the PSAT he took this year.

    Comment by Jack Klompus (b796b4) — 7/26/2008 @ 9:29 am

  161. 154 and masterbater make me miss Levi, kind of.

    Comment by JD (5f0e11) — 7/26/2008 @ 9:30 am

  162. Shoe-size IQ boy mentions burning crosses? This from the party of exalted Grand Kleagle Bobby Byrd, Clinton’s long ago Ark. buddy governor Fulbright and Algore’s proud pappy senator?

    Comment by madmax333 (0c6cfc) — 7/26/2008 @ 9:33 am

  163. 161. Oh fear not JD. Levi, like a festering herpes outbreak, has returned. Master Shake is kind of a cute novelty act. Like a toddler whose hippie parents are encouraging to take his first steps, “Go on honey, insult the biiiiiiig baaaaaad Wepubwickans you can type it!”

    Comment by Jack Klompus (b796b4) — 7/26/2008 @ 9:35 am

  164. #154 enlighten us as to why Urkel turns on you trolls sexually?

    Who is this Urkel you keep talking about? And, why are you so obsessed with sexing her?

    I guess Hitler had the same sort of blind support and allegiance as you Obamatards present to the world.

    That’s precious. It was just a matter of time before some wingnut compared Obama to Hitler. Reminds me of how some leftist moonbats characterize Dubya. Moonbats are moonbats.

    Certainly, the traditional method of impressing us – that of writing a coherent argument – is not available to you

    Of course, I have no desire to impress wingnuts. I’m not that vain, and you’re a lost cause anyway. Besides, if my goal was to “impress” you, I’d say something incredibly ignorant about Obama being a secret Muslim who wants to take your guns, give them to Al Qaeda, and eat your babies in a Satanic ritual.

    Anyway, I get a kick out of you idiots. It’s the same way at Islamist web sites. You should check out the ummah.com “discussion” forum. Islamist Koranimals are as retarded and dogmatic as you Repuglican nutjobs are.

    Seriously, who still uses “redneck” iconography to insult people?

    I was just trying to relate to your lifestyle. I honestly thought you’d appreciate the effort. Which iconography would you prefer to be insulted by?

    Comment by master shake (27ee58) — 7/26/2008 @ 5:49 pm

  165. master shake, your act got old on the first comment. Lack of style.

    Comment by SPQR (26be8b) — 7/26/2008 @ 5:51 pm

  166. SPQR – It is not even a remotely interesting troll. Much like Oilam and Peter. A bit pathetic. And sad.

    Comment by JD (5f0e11) — 7/26/2008 @ 6:13 pm

  167. master shake, your act got old on the first comment. Lack of style.

    Ouch, that hurts. I’m devastated.

    SPQR – It is not even a remotely interesting troll. Much like Oilam and Peter. A bit pathetic. And sad.

    The big difference is that Oilam and Peter actually try to reason with you wingnuts.

    Comment by master shake (27ee58) — 7/26/2008 @ 7:31 pm

  168. master shake, well, I guess you took Clint Eastwood’s advice in Magnum Force to heart.

    Comment by SPQR (26be8b) — 7/26/2008 @ 7:40 pm

  169. I’m devastated.

    What makes you think anyone gives a plugged nickel?

    The big difference is that Oilam and Peter actually try to reason with you wingnuts.

    All three of you repeatedly disproven by facts, history and your own words, and you call it “reason”.

    You keep using that word. I do not think that it means what you think it means.

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/26/2008 @ 8:01 pm

  170. master shake, well, I guess you took Clint Eastwood’s advice in Magnum Force to heart.

    WTF? Who still uses Clint Eastwood references? Couldn’t come up with a more anachronistic reference? Are your Leni Riefenstahl and Birth of a Nation Betamax(TM) tapes all worn out?

    Comment by master shake (27ee58) — 7/26/2008 @ 8:02 pm

  171. Birth of a Nation? That’s an old Democrat classic. Would not be caught dead watching it myself.

    Comment by SPQR (26be8b) — 7/26/2008 @ 8:03 pm

  172. Couldn’t come up with a more anachronistic reference?

    This from the “You’re all Klukkers!” school of debate…

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/26/2008 @ 8:07 pm

  173. All three of you repeatedly disproven by facts, history and your own words, and you call it “reason”.

    You keep using that word. I do not think that it means what you think it means.

    Don’t be too proud of yourself there, bubba. I can’t be “disproven by facts” because all I do is mock and ridicule you? There’s nothing to disprove.

    Comment by master shake (27ee58) — 7/26/2008 @ 8:07 pm

  174. This from the “You’re all Klukkers!” school of debate…

    You’ll have to ‘splain that one to me, bubba. I’m sure “Klukker” means something in your backward pidgin dialect, but it doesn’t resonate with those of us who live in civilization.

    Comment by master shake (27ee58) — 7/26/2008 @ 8:13 pm

  175. That is mock and ridicule? Juvenile name calling. Tired canards. Must be Wranglers younger brother. Peter and Oilam use logic and reasoning? We have a real 2-digit IQ here, folks. Mocking it is the rhetorical equivalent of cracking jokes at the people on the short bus.

    Comment by JD (5f0e11) — 7/26/2008 @ 8:16 pm

  176. There’s nothing to disprove.

    Tautological statements are, by definition, worthless.

    All you have is lies, distortions, repeatedly disproven talking points and random insults based on the even more discredited epithet, “racists!”.

    You don’t even know what ethnicities anyone here is, yet you immediately jump to the false conclusion that because we all think Obama isn’t fit to be the Presidential dog walker (much less Senator) that we are racist.

    That marks you as nothing more than a troll and deserving of nothing more than the lowest dregs of the scorn that wasn’t judged to be insulting enough to be used on that candidate (if that’s the word) you seem to be so eagerly defending.

    You aren’t interested in any kind of honest debate on the worthlessness of that scumbag from Chicago, because you only want to throw insults.

    That about it, less-than-worthless? I ask only to clarify and accumulate your earlier comments.

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/26/2008 @ 8:17 pm

  177. We have a real 2-digit IQ here, folks.

    Too high by at least two orders of magnitude.

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/26/2008 @ 8:18 pm

  178. Go read yours @ 154. You are arguing with the caricatures in your head.

    Comment by JD (5f0e11) — 7/26/2008 @ 8:21 pm

  179. You’ll have to ’splain that one to me, bubba.

    Well, lissen close then, Bobbie Sue, cuz’n this might take a little use of whut God didn’t give you very much of…

    Klukker = people like those three Senator that worked REALLY hard at preventing the civil right legislation passed. (Senator Al Gore (Sr.), Senator Fulbright and Senator Byrd.) The ones who think that black people (and Irish and Asians and Chinese and Messikins and Poo-air-toe Ree-cans and anyone else who ain’t lily-white, blue-blooded and chicken-livered) are somehow inferior. Democrats, in other words.

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/26/2008 @ 8:26 pm

  180. You don’t even know what ethnicities anyone here is,

    Oh come on, Billy-Bob. I don’t have to peek under the sheet on your head to know what “ethnicity” you are. Your backward mentality can only be explained by generations of biological, ideological, and cultural inbreeding.

    You aren’t interested in any kind of honest debate on the worthlessness of that scumbag from Chicago…

    “Worthlessness of the scumbag from Chicago”. Is that kind of attitude really conducive to an “honest debate”? That’s why I don’t bother.

    Comment by master shake (27ee58) — 7/26/2008 @ 8:39 pm

  181. Well, lissen close then, Bobbie Sue, cuz’n this might take a little use of whut God didn’t give you very much of…

    My name isn’t Bobbie Sue. You must be confusing me with your wife/sister/mother.

    Klukker = people like those three Senator that worked REALLY hard at preventing the civil right legislation passed. (Senator Al Gore (Sr.), Senator Fulbright and Senator Byrd.) The ones who think that black people (and Irish and Asians and Chinese and Messikins and Poo-air-toe Ree-cans and anyone else who ain’t lily-white, blue-blooded and chicken-livered) are somehow inferior. Democrats, in other words.

    So you’re saying you’re a Democrat?

    Comment by master shake (27ee58) — 7/26/2008 @ 8:44 pm

  182. As I noted above, this one is not fun, original, or very good.

    Comment by JD (5f0e11) — 7/26/2008 @ 8:49 pm

  183. My name isn’t Bobbie Sue.

    My name isn’t bubba, either.

    So you’re saying you’re a Democrat?

    No, I’m saying those three prominent anti-civil rights types – which includes someone that is still in the Senate – are Democrats. Look it up.

    Or ignore the facts again and resort to your “I know you are but what am I?” school of debate to which you are so partial.

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/26/2008 @ 8:50 pm

  184. J.D. @ #175:

    We have a real 2-digit IQ here, folks.

    You don’t have to count leading zeroes as significant digits, J.D.

    Comment by EW1(SG) (84e813) — 7/26/2008 @ 8:58 pm

  185. EW1(SG) – Well said. Heh.

    Comment by JD (5f0e11) — 7/26/2008 @ 9:02 pm

  186. As I noted above, this one is not fun, original, or very good.

    Yet you keep responding.

    My name isn’t bubba, either.

    I’m using “bubba” generically.

    No, I’m saying those three prominent anti-civil rights types – which includes someone that is still in the Senate – are Democrats. Look it up.

    Dayum! I’m glad that Senator guy isn’t running for president. In my humble opinion, any scumbag who vehemently opposed the MLK holiday shouldn’t be president.

    Comment by master shake (27ee58) — 7/26/2008 @ 9:03 pm

  187. I’m using “bubba” generically.

    Really? That’s how I was uding Bobbie Sue, Bobbie Sue.

    Maybe you’d prefer BS?

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/26/2008 @ 9:06 pm

  188. In my humble opinion, any scumbag who vehemently opposed the MLK holiday shouldn’t be president.

    And I think anyone who demands that everyone learn a language he doesn’t know himself shouldn’t even be getting a government paycheck.

    Opinions are easy. Everyone’s got one. Or more than one, in any case but your own…

    You got any facts?

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/26/2008 @ 9:09 pm

  189. We have a real 2-digit IQ here, folks.

    Coming from a guy who supports Dubya and McSenile. Seriously, McSame makes Bush look like Stephen Hawking (although Hawking looks slightly more physically fit than McSame). Besides, a 2-digit IQ would still be more than enough to get one into Liberty “University”.

    Comment by master shake (27ee58) — 7/26/2008 @ 9:14 pm

  190. Besides, a 2-digit IQ would still be more than enough to get one into Liberty “University”.

    Sounds like “sour grapes”, there, Bre’r Fox…

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/26/2008 @ 9:30 pm

  191. Its assumptions, they are amusing. Hint – just because I think your smears of McCain are baseless and tactless in no way means I support him, or will vote for him.

    Comment by JD (5f0e11) — 7/26/2008 @ 9:43 pm

  192. What JD said, word for word.

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/26/2008 @ 9:45 pm

  193. Bre’r Fox? You forget, I don’t understand your secret society’s code.

    Comment by master shake (27ee58) — 7/26/2008 @ 9:50 pm

  194. your secret society’s code

    That would be “post-Elementary School English”, but thanks for playing…

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/26/2008 @ 9:53 pm

  195. Hint – just because I think your smears of McCain are baseless and tactless in no way means I support him, or will vote for him.

    They may have been tactless but they certainly were not baseless. They were damn funny though. Your last point makes me re-evaluate my opinion that every wingnut on this site is a complete moron. See, I’m flexible.

    Comment by master shake (27ee58) — 7/26/2008 @ 10:00 pm

  196. That would be “post-Elementary School English”, but thanks for playing…

    Yeah, yeah, but what does it really mean in your Klanspeak?

    Comment by master shake (27ee58) — 7/26/2008 @ 10:02 pm

  197. they certainly were not baseless.

    Amazing how you can’t show the basis for those comments, innit?

    Your last point makes me re-evaluate my opinion that every wingnut on this site is a complete moron.

    Only the ones who worship O!bama as though he were the second coming of the Perjurer, the Rabbit Killer and the Mob guy, all wrapped in one package of Indeterminate Ethnicity.

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/26/2008 @ 10:03 pm

  198. Yeah, yeah, but what does it really mean in your Klanspeak?

    Bigot.

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/26/2008 @ 10:04 pm

  199. Bigot.

    Pardon me for wanting to learn more about your culture. You try to be nice… and this is the thanks you get.

    Comment by master shake (27ee58) — 7/26/2008 @ 10:08 pm

  200. You try to be nice…

    This right here, this is you. We’re gonna mark a little spot right here and label it ‘You’. And then we’re gonna pick out a big area WWWWaaaaaaaaaayy over thataway, and label it “Reality”.

    {/Venn Diagram lesson}

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/26/2008 @ 10:14 pm

  201. Amazing how you can’t show the basis for those comments, innit?

    The fact that McSame is an idiot is self evident. He was 894th out of 899 in his Naval Academy class, for fuck’s sake. And this was before he got the old-timer’s disease. The fact that he’s old and on the verge of death is a matter of public record.

    Comment by master shake (27ee58) — 7/26/2008 @ 10:17 pm

  202. He was 894th out of 899 in his Naval Academy class, for fuck’s sake.

    How did you rank when you graduated? How high did you advance through the officer grades?

    The fact that he’s old and on the verge of death is a matter of public record.

    So?

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/26/2008 @ 10:20 pm

  203. {/Venn Diagram lesson}

    Your home-schooling really paid off.

    Comment by master shake (27ee58) — 7/26/2008 @ 10:22 pm

  204. Your home-schooling really paid off.

    Considering I could read before kindergarten age, and that the State tests showed I had passed the public school equivalent of “College Sophomore” in fifth grade, it certainly did.

    If you manage to stay in school for the next century of two, you might reach where I am now…

    Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/26/2008 @ 10:31 pm

  205. Considering I could read before kindergarten age, and that the State tests showed I had passed the public school equivalent of “College Sophomore” in fifth grade, it certainly did.

    Sure you did, Bubbah, sure you did.

    If you manage to stay in school for the next century of two, you might reach where I am now…

    Oh yeah? Where is that? I’d love to know what greatness I should aspire to.

    Comment by master shake (27ee58) — 7/26/2008 @ 10:40 pm

  206. The Politico reports that McCain bought air-time for a new ad called “Troops” that criticizes Obama for canceling his visit to the troops.

    Comment by DRJ (b1ff9b) — 7/26/2008 @ 11:25 pm

  207. “Oh yeah? Where is that? I’d love to know what greatness I should aspire to.”
    Toilet training? Finishing junior high school? Reading a whole book without pictures? Ever touching a woman intimately? Having mommy let you stay up past your usual bedtime? Being allowed to walk to school all the way? Being allowed to have dessert if you eat all your peas like a big boy?

    Comment by Jack Klompus (b796b4) — 7/26/2008 @ 11:47 pm

  208. He was 894th out of 899 in his Naval Academy class, for fuck’s sake.
    And in what six? seven? years when you get out of high school you’ll be going to what clown college?

    Comment by Jack Klompus (b796b4) — 7/26/2008 @ 11:52 pm

  209. The unfortunately-nicknamed master shake spit:

    In my humble opinion, any scumbag who vehemently opposed the MLK holiday shouldn’t be president.

    I am a black man, and I don’t think MLK’s birthday should have been named a national holiday!

    There was only one person whose birthday was a national holiday previously — George Washington, the military leader who led the defeat of Great Britain in the Revolutionary War, and the first President of the fledgling United States. The only other human who had a Federal holiday created for him is Christopher Columbus, whose arrival in what is now known as North America is observed in October.

    Because of conflicts caused by many states’ additional observance of Abraham Lincoln’s birthday (February 22 vs. Washington’s birthdate of February 12), most Americans no longer refer to Washington’s Birthday as such; it and Lincoln’s Birthday has been consolidated, and the result is “Presidents’ Day.” So, in most states, Columbus stands alone as a holiday honoree.

    Was Martin Luther King Jr. a monumental man in American history? There’s no doubt about it. Is he at the same level of Washington and Columbus (and OVER Lincoln)? Absolutely not.

    Comment by L.N. Smithee (ef90eb) — 7/27/2008 @ 2:24 am

  210. Toilet training? Finishing junior high school? Reading a whole book without pictures? Ever touching a woman intimately? Having mommy let you stay up past your usual bedtime? Being allowed to walk to school all the way? Being allowed to have dessert if you eat all your peas like a big boy?

    Wow, that’s an impressive list of your achievements, bubba. You must be the pride of your trailer park.

    And in what six? seven? years when you get out of high school you’ll be going to what clown college?

    Liberty “University”. Full fuckin’ ride.

    I am a black man, and I don’t think MLK’s birthday should have been named a national holiday!

    Sure you are, Smithee. And I’m a mango milkshake. Using the word “spit” makes you sound real O.G..

    Comment by master shake (27ee58) — 7/27/2008 @ 10:16 am

  211. You rank up there with Levi in being a vile person, mastubator.

    Comment by JD (5f0e11) — 7/27/2008 @ 10:25 am

  212. [Comment deleted for numerous violations of commenting protocol, following several warnings. -- P]

    Comment by master shake (27ee58) — 7/27/2008 @ 10:48 am

  213. Into moderation goes master shake. Details here.

    I am starting to do this with people whose only contributions appear to be filled with insults or profanity. I do allow the occasional insult or profanity from someone who contributes more than that on a regular basis. But if your main purpose appears to be insulting others, I’ll give you a warning, and then put you into moderation.

    The only comments of yours that will make it out will be devoid of insults or profanity. That way, you can’t complain I’m censoring your political speech; if you have a point to make, you can make it without insults or profanity and it will be posted.

    Comment by Patterico (cc3b34) — 7/27/2008 @ 1:29 pm

  214. Don’t try to get around the moderation or I’ll delete all your comments.

    Comment by Patterico (cc3b34) — 7/27/2008 @ 4:40 pm

  215. L.N. Smithee: I am a black man, and I don’t think MLK’s birthday should have been named a national holiday!

    master shake: Sure you are, Smithee. And I’m a mango milkshake. Using the word “spit” makes you sound real O.G..

    And here we go yet again — another condescending liberal drone who figures that black people think only one way, or, at least, should only think one way. If I’m really black, I should think MLK deserved a holiday, or I’m in line with white “scumbags.” That’s as stupid as saying that all white people should vote for McCain because he’s white.

    There’s nothing I can do to prove to such numbskulls that I’m African-American other than to surrender my anonymity, which my nick indicates I value. But anyone who doubts my candor should ask him/herself: WHY would I lie about it?

    You need to expand your horizons and not be so prejudiced, shake — you can’t look at a person’s skin and assume you know how s/he thinks.

    Comment by L.N. Smithee (ef90eb) — 7/28/2008 @ 12:34 am

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.


Powered by WordPress.

Page loaded in: 0.4760 secs.