[Guest post by DRJ]
Michael Moore has written an open letter to Caroline Kennedy asking her to “pull a Cheney” and pick herself as Obama’s Vice President. He’s also shared with Barack Obama this blueprint for how to lose the Presidential election:
1. Keep saying nice things about McCain.
2. Pick a running mate who is a conservative white guy or a general or a Republican.
3. Keep writing speeches for Obama that make him sound like a hawk.
4. Forget that this was a historic year for women.
5. Show up to a gunfight with a peashooter.
6. Denounce me!
Of course, Moore’s advice regarding how to lose the election is tongue-in-cheek because Moore wants Obama to win. Thus, Moore wants Obama to do the opposite of his advice, which basically means he wants Obama to remember who got him to the nomination and fight hard against conniving Republicans.
At the link, Moore amplifies on each item but about half-way through he seems to go off-track and tell Obama what he should do to win, instead of sticking with his “do this to lose” theme. It’s funny because Obama seems to be following all Moore’s advice — both the “things to do to lose” and the “things to do to win.” It reminds me of organized chaos.
And yet, somehow, it still makes sense.