7/10/2019

Bill Clinton and Donald Trump Comment About Jeffrey Epstein

Filed under: Uncategorized — Dana @ 12:17 pm

[guest post by Dana]

Since the indictment against Jeffrey Epstein was unsealed on Monday, there appears to be a disturbing concern on both sides of the political aisle that the other side is not wholly committed to the belief that everyone found to have been involved in the alleged sex trafficking crimes of Jeffrey Epstein should be held accountable. No exceptions. It’s indecent that partisan politics and the sick reverence of politicians could trump the rape and trafficking of children. And yet there are partisans who have their finger-pointing “whataboutisms” ready, just in case their guy is implicated.

With that, since the indictment was made public, the two most focused upon individuals connected to Epstein, once upon a time, are former President Bill Clinton and current President Donald Trump. In the past few days both men have commented on Epstein.

In 2002, Clinton said this about Epstein:

“Jeffrey is both a highly successful financier and a committed philanthropist with a keen sense of global markets and an in-depth knowledge of twenty-first-century science,” Clinton says through a spokesman. “I especially appreciated his insights and generosity during the recent trip to Africa to work on democratization, empowering the poor, citizen service, and combating HIV/AIDS.”

In what seemed to be a puzzling preemptive strike, Clinton’s press secretary released a statement on the former president’s behalf just hours after the indictment was unsealed. Clinton firmly denied knowing anything about Epstein’s “terrible crimes”:

President Clinton knows nothing about the terrible crimes Jeffrey Epstein pleaded guilty to in Florida some years ago, or those with which he has recently been charged in New York. In 2002 and 2003, President Clinton took a total of four trips on Jeffrey Epstein’s airplane: one to Europe, one to Asia, and two to Africa, which included stops in connection with the Clinton Foundation. Staff, supporters of the foundation, and his Secret Service detail traveled on every leg of every trip. He had one meeting with Epstein in his Harlem office in 2002, and around the same time made one brief visit to Epstein’s New York apartment with a staff member and his security detail. He’s not spoken to Epstein in well over a decade, and has never been to Little St. James Island, Epstein’s ranch in New Mexico, or his residence in Florida.

In 2002, Trump said this about Epstein:

“I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy,” Trump booms from a speakerphone. “He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it — Jeffrey enjoys his social life.”

On Monday, commenting on the latest developments concerning Epstein, President Trump said:

“I know him, just like everybody in Palm Beach knew him,” Trump said. “People in Palm Beach knew him. He was a fixture in Palm Beach.”

“I had a falling out with him a long time ago,” Trump continued. “I don’t think I’ve spoken to him in 15 years. I was not a fan. I was not a fan of his. That I can tell you. I was not a fan.”

I’ll also include Trump’s comments about about Bill Clinton (and Jeffrey Epstein): “Nice guy — uh, got a lot of problems coming up, in my opinion, with the famous island, with Jeffrey Epstein,” Trump told Fox News’ Sean Hannity in 2015, referring to Clinton’s connections with Epstein. “A lot of problems.”

Both Clinton and Trump are known liars who lack a functioning moral compass. And they’ve both demonstrated this, ad nauseam, with regard to the opposite sex. I have absolutely no idea if they were involved with the alleged behavior of Epstein, or how much they knew about what he was up to, if anything. At this point, nothing would surprise me.

–Dana

6 Comments »

1. I found Clinton’s statement puzzling. The weasel-wording is glaring; it specifies only 2002 and 2003, saying he took a total of 4 trips, etc. Why so very specific on the timeframe? To me, that reads as if the reason is solely to avoid having to mention how many times in total he flew on the plane.

As for Trump, it looks (pending confirmation, of course) that he really did ban Epstein from Mar El Logo. Good, but, did he report it to the police?

My opinion on all this; it stinks on multiple levels. We’re talking about the rape and slavery of children here. The Fed Prosecutor, Acosta, (now Sec. Labor) seems to have cut Epstein a sweetheart deal. He claims the blame lies with the locals. That might be true; the local authorities were the ones who gave Epstein such lax treatment when it came to jail conditions. However, might be true is not good enough; this needs investigating, because one or more people involved are clearly corrupt.

As for participating in the actual crimes, I hope any and all involved, regardless of party, are prosecuted.

Comment by Arizona CJ — 7/10/2019 @ 1:51 pm

2. I agree re Clinton’s very carefully worded statement and the specific dates. Almost like he doesn’t want to actually lie about it but had to go on the offensive ASAP.

Comment by Dana — 7/10/2019 @ 2:27 pm

3. This may be why:

Trump had been following the story closely. In the week or so leading up to his CPAC speech, David Pecker, who owned the Enquirer until it was sold in ruin earlier this year, visited Trump on the 26th floor of Trump Tower, bringing along an issue with a Prince Andrew and Epstein-related cover, according to people familiar with the meeting. Pecker, of course, was in the business of protecting Trump. An early supporter of his presidential campaign, Pecker has helped “catch and kill” at least two stories involving the real estate mogul and women who claimed to have had affairs with him. (Trump has denied the affairs.)

Trump’s lawyer, Michael Cohen, who would later go to prison in part for his role in these hush money schemes, was in the room when Pecker sat down. Pecker, he later told me, used to send him articles and issues before they were published so that he and Trump could read them. After the meeting Trump called in Sam Nunberg, then a Trump Organization employee, who saw Pecker leaving Trump’s office. “Michael was sitting in there when I came in, and the issue of the National Enquirer with the pictures of Prince Andrew was on his desk,” Nunberg recalled. “He said not to tell anyone, but that Pecker had just been there and had brought the issue with him. Trump said that Pecker had told him that the pictures of Clinton that Epstein had from his island were worse.” (Cohen, speaking by phone from the Federal Correctional Institution in Otisville, corroborated Nunberg’s version of the events, though he declined to add any additional information about the meeting.)

Comment by Dana — 7/10/2019 @ 2:39 pm

4. About the dates and weasel wording, a sleight of hand:

Former President Bill Clinton claimed that he took four trips, accompanied by the Secret Service, on billionaire sex offender Jeffrey Epstein’s “Lolita Express” private airplane, but flight manifests reveal at least six separate journeys, two of which were without Secret Service agents.

The two trips not acknowledged by Clinton were from Miami, Florida, to Westchester, New York, in early February 2002, which appears to be the first time that Clinton joined Epstein, and a trip in Asia.

One May 2002 Asian trip, without Secret Service agents, included stops in Japan, Hong Kong, China, Thailand, and Brunei. The other, in November 2003, with Secret Service agents, included stops in Norway, Siberia, Hong Kong, and China.

Another divergence from Clinton’s account is that the manifests show no Secret Service agents were present for one of the former president’s Africa trips with Epstein.

The discrepancies between Clinton’s claims and the flight manifests draw the former president deeper into the Epstein scandal. Epstein has also been associated with Prince Andrew and President Trump, a fellow resident of Palm Beach, Florida. Trump reportedly flew with Epstein and in 2002 described him as a “terrific guy,” adding: “He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side.”

Comment by Dana — 7/10/2019 @ 3:35 pm

5. Very interesting, Dana! Thank you!

I had no idea about the David Pecker stuff. If there are photos of Clinton on the island, and they come out, Clinton is IMHO in hot water.

From what I’ve seen, Clinton was on that plane a lot more than even 6 times. I’ve also seen a log book entry from the court case listing Clinton, plus Kevin Spacey, as passengers, and I think that was in the timeframe Clinton is specifying.

I’ve seen repeated claims that logbooks showing Clinton aboard in excess of 20 times have been published, but I cannot find them – just articles saying it’s so.

Comment by Arizona CJ — 7/10/2019 @ 7:19 pm

6. Arizona CJ, I saw somewhere (I wish I remembered) that the different numbers refer to different parts of the trip. Apparently there were 6 trips but 20-odd flights. For example, if you take a trip from NYC to LA and the plane stops in Nashville for refueling, this is one trip but two flights.

Comment by Another James — 7/11/2019 @ 6:52 am