5/30/2019

Hillary and Chelsea Go Hollywood!

Filed under: Uncategorized — Dana @ 3:55 pm

[guest post by Dana]

I thought this would be a suitable follow-up to JVW’s amusing all-time awesome troll job post. Because, as he asks at the end of his post, I too was compelled to ask the same question about this: This is a parody, right?

Nope, it’s true:

Hillary Clinton and her daughter Chelsea are forming a production company to pursue film and television projects, making a foray into Hollywood after decades in the public eye…

The family hopes to use film and television to influence culture and society now that Hillary Clinton is out of politics. They plan to focus on stories by and about women. The production company is one of many potential business opportunities that Hillary Clinton, 71, is considering.

Looks like the Lifetime channel may have some stiff competition in the near future.

Hollywood: They’ll Pay You a Thousand Dollars for a Kiss, and Fifty Cents for Your Soul. Yep, sounds like a pretty good fit for the Clintons.

Anyway, I also saw this, and given it’s a little bit too on the nose, thought for sure it was a parody.

Wrong again:

Untitled

(Cross-posted at The Jury Talks Back.)

–Dana

11 Comments »

1. Hmmm, since I haven’t ventured over to the “main” part of this site in some time I just realized that we here at the “jury” don’t see all of the posts.

Comment by Sean — 5/30/2019 @ 10:50 pm

2. The only posts that you will not see on the Jury side are the brief headline posts. Everything else is supposed to be posted on both sides.

Comment by Dana — 5/31/2019 @ 12:52 pm

3. @Dana Are all of JVW’s posts considered headlines? The one you referenced above (troll job) and I see there was another posted over the weekend (not marked as headlines) aren’t posted over here.

Comment by Sean — 6/3/2019 @ 11:49 am

4. I don’t think JVW posts his posts here, nor do I. I don’t have access to this website through my log-in, and maybe JVW doesn’t either. I doubt Patterico wants us not to post here. It is probably a result of how our profiles were set up.

When I commented primarily at The Jury, I would go to the main website if I wanted to comment on JVW’s posts.

Comment by DRJ — 6/3/2019 @ 8:32 pm

5. Having said that, I don’t think my headline posts need to be here. I link trending event headlines but this website encourages more substance.

Comment by DRJ — 6/3/2019 @ 8:37 pm

6. Thanks for clarifying DRJ. I had stopped visiting the main site years ago because of the vitriol in the comment system. Even having created a custom Javascript Bookmark to purge certain user’s comments from view wasn’t enough as the election approached and I was happy our host pointed out the Jury as a viable option.

Comment by Sean — 6/4/2019 @ 9:05 am

7. I feel the same way, Sean. One of my goals in posting was to give people more options to discuss and, hopefully, focus on ideas and not insults.

Comment by DRJ — 6/4/2019 @ 3:40 pm

8. It may not work but my thought was quantity may lead to quality.

Comment by DRJ — 6/4/2019 @ 3:41 pm

9. It’s an interesting experiment. It’s possible that quantity will simply provide more opportunity to lob insults on a broader scale. The individuals that are compelled to insult rather than focus on substantive discussion and commentary don’t seem to be constrained by much other than their own selfish need to be “right”. Honest discussion is not a part of their motivation. Rather it’s advocacy for their chosen person/belief, and attack those who disagree. I don’t see where other motivations come into play much. Sadly.

Comment by Dana — 6/4/2019 @ 4:05 pm

10. It does sound pretty dumb, but I still hope the addition of more things to talk about will result in a few more people who want to talk about substance. Maybe, maybe they will help balance out the few that don’t.

Comment by DRJ — 6/4/2019 @ 7:50 pm

11. I thought about this overnight. My theory is that with more things to talk about, it may lead to more people and/or comments. Maybe it will mean more commenters who enjoy insults, but if that segment is a fixed number then they will either have to post more insults or they will be less noticeable if there are more commenters talking about substance.

Comment by DRJ — 6/5/2019 @ 7:06 am