8/9/2017

Megachurch Pastor: Trump Has “God-Given Authority” To Take Out Kim Jong-Un

Filed under: Uncategorized — Dana @ 6:17 pm

[guest post by Dana]

Hoo-boy! I guess this is just a reminder that loose cannons abound. And I’m not just referring to President Trump and Kim Jong-Un:

“When it comes to how we should deal with evil doers, the Bible, in the book of Romans, is very clear: God has endowed rulers full power to use whatever means necessary — including war — to stop evil. In the case of North Korea, God has given Trump authority to take out Kim Jong-Un. I’m heartened to see that our president — contrary to what we’ve seen with past administrations who have taken, at best, a sheepish stance toward dictators and oppressors — will not tolerate any threat against the American people. When President Trump draws a red line, he will not erase it, move it, or back away from it. Thank God for a President who is serious about protecting our country.”

The pastor is Dr. Robert Jeffress, leader of the megachurch, First Baptist Dallas, which boasts a congregation of around 13,000.

–Dana

8 Comments »

1. He could sell bumper stickers: God nuclear war.

Comment by DRJ — 8/10/2017 @ 4:08 am

2. My comment had a heart in it in preview, but never mind. It was sarcastic and sarcasm isn’t helpful.

Comment by DRJ — 8/10/2017 @ 4:12 am

3. If God wanted us to attack North Korea, He would not have put it in a different continent with an ocean in between. He would have put it next to us where it would be easy to get to.

Comment by nk — 8/10/2017 @ 4:31 am

4. I am so dismayed at the number of Evangelicals that support the president and say things like this pastor.

Comment by Annie — 8/10/2017 @ 4:47 am

5. Jeffress has been off his rocker for a couple years now, so this hardly surprises me. The fact that he still has a congregation is far more troubling than his idiotic, unbiblical rantings.

Comment by Sean — 8/10/2017 @ 7:23 am

6. Jeffress is .sincere in his beliefs. I wonder if he is a little too certain he is right, but I don’t doubt he believes what he says.

Comment by DRJ — 8/11/2017 @ 9:06 am

7. I hope St. Paul was not being sincere in that Chapter and was only trying to keep his flock from being slaughtered for rebellion, because the civil rulers of his time were such “Elect” (that’s sarcasm) as Tiberius, Caligula, Nero, and the Herods Antipas and Agrippa.

Comment by nk — 8/12/2017 @ 7:38 am