11/14/2009

In Chicago Thursday

Filed under: Uncategorized — Scott Jacobs @ 1:14 pm

I’m going to be in the Waukegan/Chicago area for a friend’ss graduation from Great Mistakes, and would love to meet up with some of the Chicago folks.

I’m staying out at the Candletree in Waukegan, and will be getting into town some time around 1pm (in theory) on Amtrak, and I leave Saturday late afternoon.  Friday is spoken for, but I should be mostly free besides that.

Let me know if you’re up for food, folks.

Oh, and a ride to and from my hotel would be utterly awesome.  I’m just sayin’.  :)

1. You had to pick the week when I’m alone in charge of the kid. Maybe next time.

Comment by nk — 11/16/2009 @ 6:49 am

2. Curses!!

And I didn’t pick the week. The Navy did. Blame them. :)

Comment by Scott Jacobs — 11/16/2009 @ 7:22 am

3. If you can make your way to Midway on Thursday, the daughter and I can pick you up at about 4:00 p.m., give you something to eat, something to drink, and a bed to sleep in, but you’re on your own at 8:05 Friday morning.

Comment by nk — 11/16/2009 @ 5:25 pm

4. Nobody ever comes to Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania. :(

Comment by The Dana lost in the sticks — 11/21/2009 @ 5:57 pm

5. How is it with keeping horses down there? The daughter is looking for us to move to a horse-friendly place.

Comment by nk — 11/21/2009 @ 6:07 pm

6. In Jim Thorpe? Not bad, actually, depending on the land. We’re getting into the Poconos, but there are places that are level enough for horses to have some freedom. It doesn’t get quite as cold here as Chicago.

Of course, where I grew up in Kentucky is a whole lot better!

Comment by The Dana who was graduated from the University of Kentucky — 11/21/2009 @ 6:21 pm

7. I’ve been through Mauch Chunk, I mean Jim Thorpe.

How ’bout them Wildcats! Looking up compared to the last few years.

Horses would fair better farther out in Ill., Indiana, Ohio, but you wouldn’t want to deal with Buckeye fans…

Comment by MD in Philly — 11/21/2009 @ 8:10 pm