11/3/2009

“V” for Obama?

Filed under: Uncategorized — Kevin M @ 12:12 pm

Ahead of seeing the actual program, it is hard not to see parallels between Obama’s governing style and the “friendly” aliens of ABC’s “V”. I’d be interested in other people’s take on this, particularly after tonight’s premiere of the reimagined “V”.

1. We could only wish that he had that much substance.

Obama’s a lizard’s snack and the danger is that he will sell us out to the lizards if we let him.

Or is that what you meant?

Comment by nk — 11/3/2009 @ 4:39 pm

2. I’ll wait for the re-runs…going to watch the Penguins tonight.

Comment by AD - RtR/OS! — 11/3/2009 @ 4:47 pm

3. people still watch netw*rk TV?

i wouldn’t even look this up on Youtube.

Comment by redc1c4 — 11/4/2009 @ 5:13 am

4. People still watch re-runs? Or care about what time something is on and what it conflicts with? I thought everyone younger than, oh, 85, had a DVR by now.

Comment by Kevin Murphy — 11/4/2009 @ 10:46 am

5. …chuckle…
    Yeah, Kevin, have a DVR and younger than 85 too…but, it was already scheduled to do some “time-shifting”…plus, I didn’t care that much for the original “V”, so I’ll wait-and-see.

Comment by AD - RtR/OS! — 11/4/2009 @ 12:33 pm

6. You know Kevin, I thought so too. So I tuned in:

-The lizard people are not what they appear to be, as they are disguised as humans.

-The lizard people were offering the people of Earth universal health care.

-The lizard people demanded favorable treatment by selected media members (and no media access if they did not get it).

-The lizard people are evil, they are trying to destroy human civilization.

What I don’t get is why ABC would allow such a show to be aired.

Comment by Pons Asinorum — 11/4/2009 @ 5:00 pm

7. I noticed this also. That V is the present administration in the oral office. I noticed it when I watched Babylon 5, or when I read and saw The Lord of the Rings, or when the we meet the Borg in Star Trek. Or when I see the films of Hitler and his buddies taking over the earth. Or the day I saw the Berlin Wall go up on a black and white TV at school and at home. I have seen this all happen before to the rest of the world, never to the United States, until Nov 22, 1963, when the world stopped for a while. And we were taken over by the war of poverty and the war on drugs. Then when we were taken over again during the wonderful carter years, clinton years in the oral office, and then during the new Pearl Harbor, another day to live in infamy, and then the o years. We need to storm the castle boys, it is way over due.
    You may now talk among yourselves.

Comment by Heltau — 11/10/2009 @ 7:44 pm