9/21/2009

Le sigh

Filed under: Uncategorized — Scott Jacobs @ 10:18 pm

I had hopped that I would be able to put up a review of Halo 3 ODST later on the 22nd, but since Amazon still has my Release-Date Shipping pre-order showing a status of “shipping soon”, I am not entirely hopeful.

I am not happy.  Had I placed a pre-order with NewEgg.com, I would have had the game a WEEK ago (god damn broken street dates).

*grumble grumble*

Update: At 1:44am I got an e-mail saying my item had shipped…

It still better get here…

Date Time Location Event Details
September 22, 2009 02:14:00 AM LOUISVILLE KY US Shipment received by carrier
September 21, 2009 06:46:27 PM Whitestown IN US Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

This list makes no sense to me.  Shit better be here, damnit…

Update x2: Yay!  Now it still needs to hurry up and get here…  almost 4:30…  Don’t they know who I am???

Date Time Location Event Details
September 22, 2009 06:37:00 AM BLOOMINGTON IL US Out for delivery
September 22, 2009 06:37:00 AM BLOOMINGTON IL US Arrival Scan
September 22, 2009 06:34:00 AM BLOOMINGTON IL US Arrival Scan
September 22, 2009 05:40:00 AM PEORIA IL US Departure Scan
September 22, 2009 04:27:00 AM LOUISVILLE KY US Departure Scan
September 22, 2009 04:25:00 AM EAST PEORIA IL US Arrival Scan
September 22, 2009 02:14:00 AM LOUISVILLE KY US Shipment received by carrier

1. Are you sure it wasn’t sent via the Jimmy Carter shipping company?

Comment by PCD — 9/22/2009 @ 6:23 am

2. Scott,

I ordered Bilstein rear shocks for my car from Summit Racing in August, and still haven’t received them. On back order, you know.

Comment by PCD — 9/22/2009 @ 11:45 am

3. ouch.

Comment by Scott Jacobs — 9/22/2009 @ 12:32 pm

4. Too bad you can’t spell. The word is “hoped”, not “hopped”.
    Maybe you should have listened to President Obama’s speech on education afterall. You don’t have a problem with the four-letter words though.

[Note from Scott: Awwwwww… I have a new troll to play with. How cute. You forgot a space there between “after” and “all”, btw. If you’re going to be pedantic about my spelling (at least “hopped” is a word and wouldn’t get flagged by spell check) perhaps you should double check what you type so that it is free of errors. Just a thought.]

Comment by Jeannette Gonzales — 9/22/2009 @ 12:50 pm

5. Don’t worry, Scott – us regulars know that you meant to use the word “hopped”, as an expression of your multi-tasking grasshopper mind’s way of dealing with things that occur concurrently … so you “hopped” from your blogging here to your Internet connec tion to check on shipping to whatever else you were doing, and, while doing that, you “hopped” that you “would be able to put up a review of Halo 3 ODST later on the 22nd” …

We all understand …

(grin)

Comment by Alasdair — 9/22/2009 @ 2:35 pm

6. When I run for office, Alasdair, you’re running my spin team…

Comment by Scott Jacobs — 9/22/2009 @ 7:15 pm

7. Scott, just moon her.

Comment by PCD — 9/23/2009 @ 6:28 am

8. Damn, you got your game before I got my shocks. Guess because they are made in semi-socialistic Germany, the manufacturer never heard of keeping the customers happy and meeting their delivery commitments.

Comment by PCD — 9/24/2009 @ 4:44 am

9. Supposedly my shocks are FINALLY being shipped to my house and according to the shipper, be delivered on Saturday. I feel like I’ve been in queue for a knee replacement in Canada.

Comment by PCD — 9/25/2009 @ 5:05 am

10. When I read “hopped” I just thought you were making really tasty beer. Cascade or Haullertau?

Comment by Have Blue — 9/25/2009 @ 2:28 pm

11. I hate you all. I just want everyone to know that.

Comment by Scott Jacobs — 9/25/2009 @ 8:16 pm

12. Damn, Scott! And here, coming back with the daughter from the PTA ice cream social, I was thinking that I did not have a life.

Comment by Guido from New Jersey — 9/25/2009 @ 8:30 pm

13. I’m actually nk. But still … find a girl!

Comment by nk — 9/25/2009 @ 8:31 pm

14. Dana has yet to make the proper introductions between myself and the PFC… :)

Comment by Scott Jacobs — 9/25/2009 @ 9:00 pm

15. I FINALLY have my Bilstein shocks!!! Now to get them on.

Review of mods so far, my car handles so well I almost wet myself in giddyness.

Scott, where’s your review???

Comment by PCD — 9/26/2009 @ 1:20 pm