President Obama has gone for the left-wing identity-politics choice. Sonia Sotomayor is his choice to fill the idiot’s seat on the Supreme Court. She seems more qualified than David Souter ever was, but that’s a fairly low bar. She’s also further left.
Since her confirmation seems assured, the only contest that remains is political — can we use this to show just how far left the Democrats have gone? They didn’t believe us last election, but maybe we can offer some proof.
Some questions for Judge Sotomayor:
- Is there an individual right to keep and bear arms for personal defense? If so, what limitations can be imposed?
- What is “hate speech”? Can merely offensive speech be prohibited or punished by government?
- What does “free exercise” mean in the First Amendment? Can “free exercise” ever include discriminatory behavior?
- Do a citizen’s rights or duties differ depending on the history of some group they may identify with?
- What did you mean when you suggested that a Latina would usually make better decisions than a white male?
- Can any government service be denied to persons present in the country illegally?