4/17/2009

Racists!!

Filed under: Uncategorized — Kevin M @ 8:13 am

Or so says Janeanne Garofalo.

Liberal actress and political activist Janeane Garofalo, in all seriousness, said activists who attended tea parties are racists with dysfunctional brains in a recent prime-time television appearance.

“Let’s be very honest about what this is about. This is not about bashing Democrats. It’s not about taxes. They have no idea what the Boston Tea party was about. They don’t know their history at all. It’s about hating a black man in the White House,” she said on MSNBC’s “The Countdown” with Keith Olbermann Thursday evening. “This is racism straight up and is nothing but a bunch of teabagging rednecks. There is no way around that.”

Ironically, she has no idea what THIS tea party was about.  Just another meat puppet with the personality of a yap dog.

Note: There should be some corollary of Godwin’s Law that says that bringing race up in a discussion of Obama’s policies means you lose.

1. If I’m a “teabagging redneck,” wouldn’t that mean that I was a homosexual? And if so, as a pedophilia-supporting lesbian socialism-for-the-non-nomenklentura (such a Baraffalo) true believer, shouldn’t that mean her understanding of tolerance preclude her from making sexist innuendoes designed to inflame stereotypical homophobia?

Sorry Baraffalo, as a dreaded heterosexual member of the Vast Right Wing Extremist Conspiracy, I’ll accept being called a “redneck,” but I think that the sexual perversities you are so fixated upon are all products of your demented psychoses.

Comment by 509th Bob — 4/17/2009 @ 9:10 am

2. Wow, Janine Garofolo makes an ass of herself. Again. Be still my beating heart.

Now if you’ll excuse me I recently learned there is this body of water by my house called an “ocean”. I think I’m going to go check it out to see if its for real.

Comment by Sean P — 4/17/2009 @ 9:12 am

3. For progressives, it’s always about race, gender and class. Always. Talk to a progressive about, say, dividend tax rates, and they’ll eventually blurt something like “And screw all the brown people, riiight maaann?!?”

Garofalo goes on to discuss brain anatomy, and on that point at least, she must have been joking; she can’t possibly believe what she was saying.

Comment by gp — 4/17/2009 @ 11:41 am

4. You beat me to an “eff you” post.

Darn it. :)

Guess I’ll need to find someone else to swear at today. :)

Comment by Scott Jacobs — 4/17/2009 @ 11:53 am

5. I can’t remember who said it, but it’s about right:

Whenever I see Ms. Garofalo, I immediately wonder how long ago it was that she gave up showering and washing her hair for Lent.

Comment by Dana — 4/17/2009 @ 4:13 pm

6. gp @ 11:41 am – MS Garofalo is one of the more classic exponents of what they themselves like to call “Progressives” whereas they are actually “Projectives” …

The pretend to pursue “Progress”, yet manage mostly to project their own belief systems on others …

Of course, Ms Garofalo seems often to be more “Projectile” even, than “Projective” …

Comment by Alasdair — 4/17/2009 @ 5:44 pm

7. I can’t remember if it was Garafalo or Begala who said the people at the TEA Parties were of two types of people: white racists and people suffering from Stockholm Syndrome. It’s always fun to see who is narrow-minded.

Comment by John Hitchcock — 4/17/2009 @ 5:56 pm

8. A bit of self-promotion here, but there’s something TEA Partiers should focus on that’s being worked on right now in congress. I got a new referrer to one of my blog posts: http://opencongress.org/bill/111-h1444/show.

HR 1388 was the GIVE Act, aka mandatory volunteer act, which was passed and signed. I wrote about that. The mandatory volunteer part was stripped out and placed in HR 1444, which is now in committee.

Comment by John Hitchcock — 4/27/2009 @ 7:42 pm