4/2/2009

Obama Bows to Saudi King

Filed under: Uncategorized — Kevin M @ 11:35 pm

Good God, but who does he use for a protocol staff?  Larry, Moe and Curly?  This is outrageous. The country is in the best of hands.

(h/t American Spectator)

1. The country is in the best of hands

We’re screwed.

FTFY!

Comment by redc1c4 — 4/3/2009 @ 7:37 am

2. Xrlq wonders whether Obama might be a secret Muslim. (The Saudi King is the self-appointed “Protector of The Faith and The Sacred Shrine of Mecca”, in case you did not already know that. )

I tend to think that Obama is 1) somebody who never had a daddy who taught him how to shake hands with another man, and 2) he is a doofus who never learned that by himself.

Comment by nk — 4/3/2009 @ 8:00 am

3. Larry, Moe, and Curly would have at least bonked him on the head & stuck fingers in his eyes.

What with the previous pratfalls over protocol at the WH and the gift-flap,
    this is not the Hope & Change (I think) the American People were looking forward to.

Comment by AD - RtR/OS — 4/3/2009 @ 11:44 am

4. Maybe that explains the picture then, AD. Post fingers in eye.

Comment by Kevin Murphy — 4/3/2009 @ 12:22 pm

5. Hmmm … caption contest?

Comment by Kevin Murphy — 4/3/2009 @ 12:22 pm

6. He has humiliated himself and America before a tyrannical despot who treats women worse than dogs and pursues in the continual repression of his citizens. Even if he had been schooled in correct protocol and forgotten the lesson, why on earth would he choose submissiveness toward a person like the Saudi king? Why didn’t he evidence submissiveness toward the Queen of England?

Comment by Dana — 4/3/2009 @ 3:01 pm

7. Don’t move, I lost a contact!!!

Comment by kaf — 4/3/2009 @ 3:05 pm

8. Obama blows it.

Comment by Apogee — 4/3/2009 @ 3:35 pm

9. Eh, coulda been worse: photo

Comment by Bob Loblaw — 4/3/2009 @ 4:50 pm

10. What is Obama using for brains, Kitty Litter?

Comment by dchamil — 4/3/2009 @ 4:56 pm

11. Hussein “Submission” Obama demonstrates the secret Muslim handshake.

Comment by Perfect Sense — 4/3/2009 @ 7:20 pm

12. TOTUS is not in the picture, so obviously his brain is missing.

Comment by PatAZ — 4/3/2009 @ 9:13 pm

13. Re Bob Loblaw’s comment #8: Funny!
         At least the guys in the moment caught in Bob’s linked photograph were displaying towards each other an equal amount of, let’s call it, respect.

For all you US citizens who, like Obama, didn’t got to primary school in the USA: Repeat after me:

I am an American. I might bow to an audience after I give a performance, and I might exchange bows with an opponent in a karate match. But, no one need ever bow or curtsy to me, and I bow or curtsy to no one, not to a president, party secretary, dictator, king, queen, duke, sheik, emperor. My spiritual American forefathers fought to establish this precedent in the late 1700s, starting even before 1776; they fixed what they hadn’t finished in this regard in the early 1860s, and in the early 1940s helped one quarter of the world cast off the yoke of tyrants. Hell, I don’t bow or curtsy even if I am the President of the USA.

Repeat this at least 10 times a day for a week, and if you are on Air Force One heading out of the USA, repeat this 10 times per hour while the plane is in the air. Note that this full quote gives you all the context you need whether or not you have a protocol staff.

If you are in a real hurry, here’s the short version:

I am an American. No one need ever bow or curtsy to me, and I bow or curtsy to no one, not to a president, party secretary, dictator, king, queen, duke, sheik, emperor. Hell, I don’t bow or curtsy even if I am the President of the USA.

Comment by Ira — 4/4/2009 @ 7:50 pm