3/15/2009

EATAPETA Day

Filed under: Uncategorized — aunursa @ 9:43 am

Today is EATAPETA Day.  Be sure to Eat A Tasty Animal for PETA.  And post your menu in the comments.

1. The Tri-tip is marinating as I type.

Comment by AD - RtR/OS — 3/15/2009 @ 10:54 am

2. Sadly, it is too hard to find quality mutton in this area (or veal), so I shall have to eat tasty, tasty cow instead…

How pedestrian…

Comment by Scott Jacobs — 3/15/2009 @ 11:14 am

3. I’m ahead of you. Filet mignon last night. I’m torn between ribeye or New York strip and barbecue or broil for tonight.

Comment by nk — 3/15/2009 @ 12:36 pm

4. god, I want tuna… Seaseme seed crusted tuna…

Comment by Scott Jacobs — 3/15/2009 @ 12:46 pm

5. Just getting ready to roast a chicken. (Also on the menu: yams and some kind of store-boughten whole-grain bread.)

Comment by Eric Wilner — 3/15/2009 @ 12:59 pm

6. god, I want tuna

Just getting ready to roast a chicken.

Vegetarians, eh?

Comment by nk — 3/15/2009 @ 4:13 pm

7. Nah… But since PETA goes ape-shit over “kittens of the sea”, I figured it would piss them off more…

Comment by Scott Jacobs — 3/15/2009 @ 5:40 pm

8. Finished a nice baked chicken and rice casserole a little bit ago.

Comment by Steve — 3/15/2009 @ 6:17 pm

9. New York strip, 2 inches thick, broiled, medium rare.

Comment by nk — 3/15/2009 @ 6:28 pm

10. Let’s see — I had a grilled Tabasco chicken breast as part of my breakfast; then for dinner, I finished off the taco meat (ground beef) from a few days back and had another grilled chicken breast. My wife had some of the grilled sea kitten salmon I fixed yesterday (along with the chicken breasts).

Yeah, I know it wasn’t all that much meat, but I wasn’t all that hungry. On the other hand, I grilled several pounds of chicken breasts yesterday and will be using them in meals all week long. ..bruce..

Comment by bfwebster — 3/15/2009 @ 6:33 pm

11. For those of you who are wondering:

Tabasco Chicken

Take a few pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts and put them in a large ziploc bag. (NOTE: I often first cut the breasts lengthwise; they cook faster and more evenly that way.) Dump in one entire large (5 oz) bottle of Tabasco sauce, whatever your favorite flavor is (original, chipotle, jalapeno). Close the bag and squish things around to coat all the breasts. Let the chicken marinate for at least a few hours. Grill over coals; don’t overcook. The leftovers, sliced up, make great fajitas.

Comment by bfwebster — 3/15/2009 @ 6:35 pm

12. Chicken-fried steak, of course. It’s Sunday.

Comment by Anon — 3/15/2009 @ 8:13 pm

13. Drat! I am on a diet. Does a nice ham omlet on Sunday count? Remember, for the chicken, it is an option but, for the pig, it is total commitment. Today, I know a day too late, I cooked a nice piece of top sirloin, rare with butter, and had it with button mushrooms and peas. Do I get credit for EATAPETA day?

Comment by Longwalker — 3/16/2009 @ 2:31 pm

14. You get credit if you ate an animal specifically because of PETA.

Comment by aunursa — 3/16/2009 @ 3:35 pm

15. Oops – accidentally ate a salad and mushroom pasta for dinner. In Guadalajara of all places. I’ll double up tomorrow.

Comment by carlitos — 3/16/2009 @ 8:18 pm