12/15/2008

I had these ideas, see…

Filed under: Uncategorized — Scott Jacobs @ 8:09 am

But somewhere between 4:30am (when I FINALLY got to sleep) and 7am (when I woke up), they appear to have left me.  If they come to me I’ll try to post, but frankly, most of my day will be consumed by “trying to not face-plant into my keyboard at work due to passing out”.

This is going to be a long, long day…

1. Should you rinse the pasta after draining? If you don’t, it will stick together. If you do, it will be cold (I do not pour hot water from a rusty old water heater into food.)

A compromise that kind of works is to throw a spoonful of butter into the boiling water before you put in the pasta and then, when you turn off the heat, add a quart of cold water to the pot and let it sit for five minutes before you drain it into a big enough collander and toss it gently with two forks.

Comment by nk — 12/15/2008 @ 9:04 am

2. What bothers me is that I took 5 or 6 minutes going over my post to make sure I didn’t miss something that would cause that to be an on-topic comment.

Seriously, today my V-12 mind not only has 6 dead plugs, but has a massive crack in the engine block besides. I’m just not up to snuff today.

Comment by Scott Jacobs — 12/15/2008 @ 9:11 am

3. Beer helps :)

Comment by Justin — 12/15/2008 @ 9:36 am

4. Lemme go ask HR if that’s an option… :)

Comment by Scott Jacobs — 12/15/2008 @ 9:51 am

5. sounds like a luxurious night’s sleep to a Cav trooper…. and you’re inside to boot.

what are you complaining about? %-)

Comment by redc1c4 — 12/15/2008 @ 10:22 am

6. What bothers me is that I took 5 or 6 minutes going over my post to make sure I didn’t miss something that would cause that to be an on-topic comment.

You might wish to consider that you took a longwinded way, with more than a touch of self-indulgence, to say “Open Thread”.

Comment by nk — 12/15/2008 @ 10:23 am

7. Ah.

Gotcha.

I swear, I’m just gonna close my office door, and sleep for a bit…

Comment by Scott Jacobs — 12/15/2008 @ 10:28 am

8. I am going to have a plate of egg noodles with Parmesan cheese and meat sauce (“85% chuck”, purreed tomatoes, sauteed onion and garlic, salt, pepper, oregano and a dash of nutmeg) and then have a two-hour nap, too.

Comment by nk — 12/15/2008 @ 10:43 am

9. I’m on a sugar high today. The boss turned 50 and black dress and black balloons are the order of the day, along with cakes, apple cider, chips, dips, doughnuts,…

Comment by PCD — 12/15/2008 @ 11:36 am

10. We had sweet rolls at our office, just after I saw a report that said starting the day with sugar is the road to addiction. I hope not but, if so, it was worth it.

Comment by DRJ — 12/15/2008 @ 5:44 pm