12/14/2008

Either my best idea, or my worst

Filed under: Blogging Matters — Scott Jacobs @ 5:26 pm

No, I’m not going to try and get on a ballot for the Illinois Senate seat, since a) I would never come close to winning and b) me in the Senate would be perhaps the most awesomest thing to ever happen in the history of ever.

No, what I am considering is doing a podcast on Blog Talk Radio (a free podcasting/internet radio site).  Now, while me talking would be interesting in a “wtf is wrong with this guy?” kind of way – much like you look at reality TV just to watch the implosion of humanity – I was thinking it would be far more interesting if a few of my fellow posters here at the Jury would co-host with me, or maybe DRJ or others from the main blog.

Who’s interested?

1. Sounds like a good idea.

But not for me. When I know I am being recorded, I get ‘stage fright’ and invariably sound like a complete idiot.

At least when writing, sometimes I can seem coherent.

Comment by aunursa — 12/14/2008 @ 6:58 pm

2. At least when writing, sometimes I can seem coherent.

No comment. :)

Comment by Scott Jacobs — 12/14/2008 @ 7:12 pm

3. What a great idea and I’m flattered you would think of me. You should do it if you have the chance. I can’t because our disabled son makes it too hard for me to commit to a specific time and because I prefer to remain anonymous, but I know I would enjoy talking to you about many topics.

WLS might be interested. Have you considered him?

Comment by DRJ — 12/14/2008 @ 7:21 pm

4. I’m open to volunteers… it would also be a “call-in capable” show, so it you folks could still be involved…

Comment by Scott Jacobs — 12/14/2008 @ 7:56 pm

5. I could at least call in. I have pretty good pipes, and (sadly) have my days free lately.

Comment by carlitos — 12/14/2008 @ 8:17 pm

6. Shouldn’t you, like, meet some of the other posters before you sign up for a podcast with them?

Oh, and can I wear my Confederate army cap?

Comment by Kevin Murphy — 12/14/2008 @ 11:30 pm

7. Thanks, Scott! Unfortunately, I, like DRJ, would like to remain anonymous. Of course I’ve always wanted to try out the old handkerchief-over-the-phone trick … :) (What is that in the movies, anyway? How could that possibly work?)

Comment by Not Rhetorical — 12/15/2008 @ 12:43 am

8. I’ll call you “person x”… you afraid your voice will give you away?

Ya big babies… :)

Comment by Scott Jacobs — 12/15/2008 @ 1:51 am

9. Shouldn’t you, like, meet some of the other posters before you sign up for a podcast with them?

No, because the odds are that I’d never agree to do this if I did. :)

Comment by Scott Jacobs — 12/15/2008 @ 1:55 am

10. Ok, Scott, I’ve done this before at TalkSpot on the John Carlson show. How do we get together on this?

TalkSpot was the talk venture James “Bo Snerdley” Golden left Rush for, and came back after it folded.

Comment by PCD — 12/15/2008 @ 10:03 am

11. I’m gonna play with it a bit over the next week, ask a few questions of those who use it, and see what’s what with multiple hosts and saving it to allowed iTunes DL of the podcast.

First show won’t be until after the new year, and everyone interested in being a co-host would need to settle on a time, day of the week, and show duration…

Comment by Scott Jacobs — 12/15/2008 @ 10:12 am

12. 11, guests, no guests, producer, board op, chat room or not. Like I said, been there and done that. Of course it doesn’t hurt learning a few things about how it’s done from Hugh Hewitt’s producer, the Generalissimo.

Comment by PCD — 12/15/2008 @ 11:33 am

13. I bow to your greater wisdom. :) send me an IM over AIM or msn at swj719…

hotmail for msn…

Comment by Scott Jacobs — 12/15/2008 @ 11:48 am

14. You and Day-by-Day? :)

Since I’m not a juror, I know you weren’t asking me, but even if I were, I have a voice that would destroy people’s speakers.

Comment by The dulcet-toned Dana — 12/16/2008 @ 5:37 am

15. Scott,

Tried sending you an email from work and cc’d Pat asking him to pass it on to you.

Otherwise, contact me at PCDWhoopass@yahoo.com

Don’t worry it is my spam filter address. Liberals have tried to ruin it for years and have failed.

Comment by PCD — 12/16/2008 @ 6:05 am

16. Dana, you are one of many commenters whom I know I’d love to have at least call the show…

Comment by Scott Jacobs — 12/16/2008 @ 7:25 am

17. btw, e-mail sent, PCD… Mine was a “dump” account as well, which I often fail to check, especially when I fall asleep at 12:30, and wake up at 8:25…

Comment by Scott Jacobs — 12/16/2008 @ 7:35 am