12/8/2008

Oh the irony…

Filed under: Uncategorized — Scott Jacobs @ 12:09 am

The days of pork are over…

Really.  This from the guy that wants to pump billions into construction of highways and bridges?

The guy from freaking CHICAGO says this?  Was he not paying attention when Daley was talking??

1. An empty suit will always say whatever he thinks people want to hear at the time.

Comment by Justin — 12/8/2008 @ 4:51 am

2. Yeah, I always thought highways and bridges are overrated, a complete waste of resources. Me, I use a personal jet-pack for transportation – plus, it gets surprisingly good mileage.

Comment by Tom — 12/8/2008 @ 6:55 am

3. Tom, I would attempt to explain to you how the policies of the first New Deal extended the Depression, but a) I’m at work and really don’t have the time and b) I’m pretty sure you would utterly miss the point.

I will, however, remind you that during the past 8 years Congress has increase funding for such infrastructure. That the money was handed out doesn’t mean it was used propperly. The bridge in Wisconsin, for example. the state had been given piles of money in previous year, and didn’t do with it what it was supposed to do.

That isn’t government’s fault – at least not the Federal Government’s.

But Obama is a guy who’s few actual accomplishments in Illinois’ General Assembly and the US Senate were mostly pork and what amounts to graft.

But hey, it’s your hope and change, so I’ll just leave you to it.

Comment by Scott Jacobs — 12/8/2008 @ 7:28 am

4. I think it was just Michelle telling him “I better not catch you sniffing around any of that ‘white meat'”, Scott.

Comment by nk — 12/8/2008 @ 2:16 pm

5. In all seriousness, at least we get roads and bridges from this spending. Some of them might actually be needed.

Most government spending gets us nothing.

Comment by Amphipolis — 12/10/2008 @ 10:57 am

6. In all seriousness, at least we get roads and bridges from this spending. Some of them might actually be needed

Well, Northern IL would get them. Downstate doesn’t get shit, because it is Not Chicago.

Comment by Scott Jacobs — 12/10/2008 @ 11:42 am