Patterico's Pontifications

6/25/2018

Tracey Ullman Needles the Crybullies

Filed under: General — JVW @ 11:17 am

[guest post by JVW]

A few weeks after taking the measure of the odious Jeremy Corbin, the magnificent Tracey Ullman sets her sights on young social justice warriors with this brilliant sketch.

Make sure you catch Ms. Ullman’s final line at the end. Absolutely brilliant.

– JVW

20 Responses to “Tracey Ullman Needles the Crybullies”

  1. Sorry to embed it as a Tweet, but this short clip doesn’t appear to be up on the BBC website or YouTube just yet, and I was too impatient to wait.

    JVW (dadb0c)

  2. love her more than beans and pickles

    happyfeet (28a91b)

  3. I haven’t seen her in a few years. She’s still funny as hell.

    Paul Montagu (0b5bee)

  4. Is this post specifically directed at someone who comments here regularly?

    ropelight (927fb3)

  5. Brilliant – thanks for posting.

    So much common sense in a short video but still 98% of Hollywood seems either too obtuse, too scared or too ‘woke’ to echo these truths.

    I wonder if Maxine is going to set the hounds loose across the pond to harangue her in public for the poor people/benefits blast.

    harkin (e5c973)

  6. btw – the BBC (or at least their comedy division) apparently approved this message, color me surprised.

    harkin (e5c973)

  7. Lastly, this is the sort of low-hanging, guaranteed laughs material which SNL has been declining to address for years.

    harkin (e5c973)

  8. btw – the BBC (or at least their comedy division) apparently approved this message, color me surprised.

    Tracey Ullman is so great that she probably negotiated a deal where the BBC isn’t allowed to edit or censor her. And like most large corporations, probably 95% of the people who work in the BBC have no real problem with this sketch, it’s the loud and whiny 5% who raise hell over it and convince the other 95% that it isn’t worth the trouble to air it.

    JVW (dadb0c)

  9. Wow – this really nails it. How is it people in their 20s have become such…scolding prudes? So very sad to see.

    George Orwell's Ghost (a815b9)

  10. Very funny. My memory is fading but I think she’s always been this funny. That’s refreshing.

    DRJ (15874d)

  11. When I was young, all you had to do to feel superior was go to church.

    AZ Bob (9a6ada)

  12. Or have a cool car.

    DRJ (15874d)

  13. OMG, spot on!

    Tracey saves Western Civilization!

    Patricia (3363ec)

  14. My oldest is about to turn 17.

    This video is all my worst nightmares about what he’s going to encounter in college.

    shipwreckedcrew (56b591)

  15. ABC should give the Roseanne half-hour to Ms. Ullman.

    She makes Roseanne look like an amateur.

    Patricia (3363ec)

  16. Brilliant

    mg (9e54f8)

  17. America needs to import her comedy as we have no more funny Americans

    mg (9e54f8)

  18. Lauren Southern needles the Commie Left Farmlands (2018)

    Pinandpuller (bc1dd8)

  19. To borrow a phrase from Jaws JVW, I got that beat. I got that beat. Here you go:

    Space Force
    https://www.facebook.com/jordan.michelle.357/videos/1989217581089742/

    Tillman (d34303)

  20. Lauren Southern needles the Commie Left Farmlands (2018)

    P&P, Thanks for that documentary. Was it you who related the story of cousins or in-laws or some such who were murdered in South Africa?

    Skorcher (5b282a)


Powered by WordPress.

Page loaded in: 0.1930 secs.