1/24/2014

Intolerant Leftists

Filed under: General — JD @ 8:53 am

[guest post by JD]

Wendy Davis issued a perfunctory statement denouncing the Battleground statements mocking Abbott’s disability. However, her staff and supporters are still questioning the accuracy of the Project Veritas video (heavily edited lol) and continuing to bash Abbott. It is much like how she handled her biographical embellishments. She expressed a note of contrition, then she and her supporters attacked the leftist reporter and Abbott for her failings.

If you want a sense of what the left thinks about the Battleground Davis supporters mocking the disabled, take a look at the comments in this article.

—JD

1. it’s hard to see what useful function Wendy Davis serves for anybody except Wendy Davis

Comment by happyfeet (8ce051) — 1/24/2014 @ 8:56 am

2. The Democrats I know back in south Texas are old timey moderates, not modern liberals. The thoroughly modern Ms. Davis must make them sick. Maybe they’ll vote for Davis out of party loyalty – they are a loyal bunch – but it is hard to imagine.

If this is the Democratic Party’s first step in turning Texas blue, there’s a very long road ahead. That’s a useful function if ever there was one.

Comment by ThOR (130453) — 1/24/2014 @ 9:24 am

3. It all depends on how many folks sit out the election because they don’t care for a candidate. It always does. Loyalty matters.

Comment by Simon Jester (c8876d) — 1/24/2014 @ 9:43 am

4. Step #1: have fever swamp supporters go Total Douche
    Step. #2: climb up on high horse and denounce what she’d requested

Comment by Colonel Haiku (2603b5) — 1/24/2014 @ 9:52 am

5. Speaking of intolerant Leftists….

I was thinking about this just the other day when doing some shopping for produce.
    When they ban the plastic bags used to bag groceries, will they also ban the plastic bags hanging from dispensers in the produce section?
    Will we have to bring our own bags for the lettuce, celery, tomatoes, etc.? And what about the oversize plastic bags that I find in the Mexican markets for bakery products (they make great waste-paper basket liners BTW)?

There is no limit to the stupidity of the Left, and the Enviros (and Yes, I repeat myself).

Comment by askeptic (b8ab92) — 1/24/2014 @ 10:17 am

6. Go read the comments from the leftists. They shouldn’t surprise you, but they will.

Comment by JD (9aab97) — 1/24/2014 @ 10:17 am

7. Comment by ThOR (130453) — 1/24/2014 @ 9:24 am

Well, she is from Fort Worth.

Comment by askeptic (b8ab92) — 1/24/2014 @ 10:18 am

8. Thanks, askeptic.

I’m to old to write “LOL”, so I’ll just say that I’m laughing out loud.

Comment by ThOR (130453) — 1/24/2014 @ 10:23 am

9. Aren’t we all!
    Say, wasn’t there a distinguished (not in a good way) Speaker of the House from Fort Worth?
    Fort Worthless Jim, I think they used to call him.

Comment by askeptic (b8ab92) — 1/24/2014 @ 10:25 am

10. Yeah, I bought his book.

Comment by ThOR (130453) — 1/24/2014 @ 10:29 am

11. Might as well face it: Abortion Barbie will get more than 40% of the vote in the Lone Star State. That she has pretty much cornered the Stupid Vote is amusing, but it’s also a reminder that even stupid people have the right to vote.

The only real battle is keeping the excess of 40% below an additional 11%.

Comment by The Dana who can count votes (3e4784) — 1/24/2014 @ 10:31 am

12. It’s always the same. People who stray from their assigned loyalties are traitors. Blacks African-Americas, women, hispanics, disabled, working class, immigrants, etc.

If Democrats they are the noble underclass, trod on by The Man. If Republicans they are Uncle Tom. Clarence Thomas could probably explain this better.

Comment by Kevin M (536c5d) — 1/24/2014 @ 10:52 am

13. 11- The figures for 2012 show that TX has a partisan split of 45-21 GOP v. Dem.
    I doubt if many of those Indies are going to go for Abortion Barbie.
    40% may be a big stretch (pun intended) for our little Gold Digger.

Comment by askeptic (b8ab92) — 1/24/2014 @ 10:55 am

14. I like the “Abbot is faking it” line some are taking. Classy.

Comment by Kevin M (536c5d) — 1/24/2014 @ 10:55 am

15. A lot of fever swamp m00nbats out there!

Comment by Colonel Haiku (a6aa2c) — 1/24/2014 @ 4:03 pm

16. I’m sure this is just a coincidence;

Comment by narciso (3fec35) — 1/24/2014 @ 4:48 pm

17. meanwhile,State Senator Kevin DeLeon is to be congratulated for increasing the sale of firearm parts and metal w*rking tools with his “ghost gun’ idiocy.

the article is amusing:

and the price is reasonable, too:

Comment by redc1c4 (abd49e) — 1/24/2014 @ 5:19 pm

18. BTW: for the record, i’d just like to note that “Intolerant Leftists” is redundant.

Comment by redc1c4 (abd49e) — 1/24/2014 @ 5:48 pm

19. Huckabee remarks….

…those sound offensive to me, and to women.
    - Jay Carney

And the difference is?

Comment by askeptic (2bb434) — 1/24/2014 @ 6:58 pm

20. Damn, askeptic… the very words I said to my wife after seeing that clip of Carney.

Comment by Colonel Haiku (a6aa2c) — 1/24/2014 @ 9:08 pm

21. For Davis, leaving the children with her ex or in the waste bin at the clinic, it’s a matter of convenience.

Comment by Colonel Haiku (a6aa2c) — 1/24/2014 @ 9:10 pm

22. i think a lot of the reason Wendy clings to abortion like a life preserver is cause she really doesn’t have a very well-developed conceptualization of all the things someone with boobies could achieve in politics

they could work to create jobs and lower the cost of capital and lower the costs of inputs such as energy and education

but no the stupid whore is obsessed with her hoo-ha

we keep seeing this it’s very depressing

Comment by happyfeet (8ce051) — 1/24/2014 @ 9:30 pm

23. Wendy-O-Davis is no Mrs. Thatcher.

Comment by mg (31009b) — 1/24/2014 @ 9:54 pm

24. mg:

WOW. That is a dark place to go. Funny though.

Comment by Ag80 (eb6ffa) — 1/24/2014 @ 10:12 pm

25. I suspect she will be even more popular in places like Austin, but basically unelectable even in Forth Worth (where she now holds office). If she seeks a political future it needs to be as a local politician now. Which was her level of competence, I suppose.

I really like Abbot regardless. He’s going to be an awesome governor. I hope people appreciate his merit rather than just voting against Davis, but either way, Texas is blessed.

Comment by Dustin (26c7d5) — 1/24/2014 @ 11:15 pm

26. For Davis, leaving the children with her ex or in the waste bin at the clinic, it’s a matter of convenience.

Comment by Colonel Haiku (a6aa2c) — 1/24/2014 @ 9:10 pm

Abandoning your grown kids is a terrible background to have to be the abortion spokesperson. It really cuts right to the core of the right’s fears about what abortion is about (and what it is really about). I’m glad Texas has a chance to take a stand against everything Davis stands for.

Comment by Dustin (26c7d5) — 1/24/2014 @ 11:17 pm

27. The 20th century during which Leftists were free and able to implement their governments in Russia, China, Cuba, Venezuela, Cambodia amply demonstrate their humanity.

They reject not only Christian morality with its temperance, charity, and humility, but most pre-Christian pagan philosophies of self-restraint, self-knowledge, and self-control.

Why would you expect Leftism—which is pure hatred and license–to be any different here?

Comment by ErisGuy (76f8a7) — 1/25/2014 @ 1:26 am

28. What he said @26.

Comment by Steve57 (663093) — 1/25/2014 @ 2:25 am

29. 26- Hope you don’t mind me using your words. thanks.

Comment by mg (31009b) — 1/25/2014 @ 2:46 am

30. Ye Gods, mg, I hadn’t thought of the Plasmatics and teh ping pong ball trick in ages. Tanx for teh memories!

Comment by Colonel Haiku (133714) — 1/25/2014 @ 6:25 am

31. Stand With Wendy O Davis! https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwATrUqwnkpRjuUDiQM6ytGPlR6hmIM9u809B-JJY7sXzIS8xG

Comment by Colonel Haiku (133714) — 1/25/2014 @ 6:49 am

32. Intolerant, ignorant leftists.

The Local NORWAY’S NEWS IN ENGLISH:

Future US envoy displays total ignorance of Norway

Published: 23 Jan 2014 08:47 GMT+01:00
    Updated: 23 Jan 2014 08:47 GMT+01:00

The US’s next ambassador to Norway has committed a jaw-dropping diplomatic blunder before he even begins, describing politicians from the Progress Party, which has seven ministers, as “fringe elements” that “spew their hatred” in a US Senate hearing.

This guy is just one embarrassment after another.

The only people spewing hatred are liberals. When they’re not spewing idiocy.

They just spew mindlessly.

Comment by Steve57 (663093) — 1/25/2014 @ 6:51 am

33. The blunder came after a faltering, incoherent performance from Tsunis, in which he made a reference to Norway’s “president”, apparently under the impression that the country is a republic rather than a constitutional monarchy.

Yeah, this is just the kind of person President Whackjob Armslength Ditherington Plausible Deniability McMomJeans likes to have on his team.

It makes him feel like the smartest guy in the room. And he is. As long as he gets to pick who’s in the room. On the other hand if he walks into the restroom at an alternative school for delinquents he lowers the collective IQ by 50 points.

Comment by Steve57 (663093) — 1/25/2014 @ 6:58 am

34. the Times is probably where he got that notion from,
    yesterday they had a piece where they lamented that the Progress Party has advanced despite the Breivik
    massacre,

Comment by narciso (3fec35) — 1/25/2014 @ 7:01 am

35. Half a million gets you an ambassadorship to Norway. Is it still roughly $1.2m bundled for a federal judgeship?

Comment by nk (dbc370) — 1/25/2014 @ 7:27 am

36. Steve, I found a sword for you. Don’t laugh. Although the Mediterraneans, particularly the various Celtic tribes, had some clue about steel going back to 700 BC, the northern Europeans pounding bog iron would have considered it almost magical, a treasure to be passed on from father to son. Oh, ok, you can laugh a little. http://imgur.com/r6qV2Y2

Comment by nk (dbc370) — 1/25/2014 @ 7:34 am

37. Il Douche: “If they bring a knife we’ll bring a gun.”

Let’s bring semtex and see what they do.

Comment by gary gulrud (e2cef3) — 1/25/2014 @ 7:36 am

38. “A person is not a person if they are in the way.”

- Wendy O Davis for Texas

Comment by Colonel Haiku (133714) — 1/25/2014 @ 7:41 am

39. Thanks, but I blew my last 15 bucks on a a three wolf t-shirt from Amazon.

Best $15 I ever spent. Check out the reviews:

This item has wolves on it which makes it intrinsically sweet and worth 5 stars by itself, but once I tried it on, that’s when the magic happened. After checking to ensure that the shirt would properly cover my girth, I walked from my trailer to Wal-mart with the shirt on and was immediately approached by women. The women knew from the wolves on my shirt that I, like a wolf, am a mysterious loner who knows how to ‘howl at the moon’ from time to time (if you catch my drift!). The women that approached me wanted to know if I would be their boyfriend and/or give them money for something they called mehth. I told them no, because they didn’t have enough teeth, and frankly a man with a wolf-shirt shouldn’t settle for the first thing that comes to him…

This shirt has changed my life! Before, I couldn’t walk through the aisles at Wal-Mart, graze on the buffet at Sizzler, or even take in a round at my local miniature golf course, without people pointing and saying, “Hey, you’re that Zulu guy from Star Wars, aren’t you?” Even if I wore sunglasses, I’d still get mistaken for Yoko Ono…

The Three Wolf Moon shirts power is obvious. This video is living proof that you will get women, and fly. Most importantly my son was born without bones and when I put this shirt on him he grew bones. Don’t ask me how it happened but the magic is there…

I could have spent less on a wolf t-shirt, but then it had fewer wolves.

So you can keep your secret agent tactical ninja sword, nk, I don’t need it.

Comment by Steve57 (663093) — 1/25/2014 @ 7:49 am

40. Maybe if George Tsunis had worn the three-wolf t-shirt to that Senate hearing he’d have magically been able to say something smart.

Comment by Steve57 (663093) — 1/25/2014 @ 7:53 am

41. Well he forgot to stay at a Holiday In Express;

sometimes you need something more then bundling;

Comment by narciso (3fec35) — 1/25/2014 @ 8:00 am

42. You don’t know Greek nouveau riche. They’ll keep the shoeshine box they started out with in a prominent place in their McMansion and pay hundreds of thousands to be photographed with the Patriarch. This guy obviously has no interest in Norway and knows nothing about it. What he wants is for his kids to be able to say not “My daddy owns a hotel management company”, but instead, “My daddy is an Ambassador”. Social status and reputation is everything to them, even if it’s tinhorn. Actually, they cannot distinguish between tinhorn and the real thing.

Comment by nk (dbc370) — 1/25/2014 @ 8:04 am

43. Back during the Ford administration, they did this;

so I’m quite aware, however it doesn’t seem to matter now, I wonder why.

Comment by narciso (3fec35) — 1/25/2014 @ 8:08 am

44. Jokes aside, I’m really surprised that a NATO country did not get a career diplomat, or at least someone with a strong foreign policy background or expertise in that country. But I should not be surprised at the levels of ineptitude displayed by this “President”, should I?

Comment by nk (dbc370) — 1/25/2014 @ 8:22 am

45. It just cracks me up that Norway is the country that gave President Mean Girl the Nobel Peace Prize for “extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples” and promoting a “new climate” in international relations.

So he sends them some jackwagon like this as his ambassador.

Yeah, it really must have taken some “extraordinary efforts” to find this winner.

Comment by Steve57 (663093) — 1/25/2014 @ 8:24 am

46. well, maybe if he was the Ambassador to Denmark,

Comment by narciso (3fec35) — 1/25/2014 @ 8:28 am

47. 41. …Social status and reputation is everything to them, even if it’s tinhorn. Actually, they cannot distinguish between tinhorn and the real thing.

Comment by nk (dbc370) — 1/25/2014 @ 8:04 am

So how is the Greek nouveau riche any different from the rest of this Chicago mob that crawled out of a sewer to infest the White House?

Comment by Steve57 (663093) — 1/25/2014 @ 8:30 am

48. Not really. Obama is empty gangsta-pimp bling, yes. But Valerie Jarrett is old-time Chicago aristocracy. There’s nothing low-class about Emanuel’s background — his father was a doctor and his brothers are successful in their own right. The Daleys have never put on airs like the Kennedys, even though they are very wealthy as well as powerful, but you know their history. Nothing empty show-off about Axelrod, either.

Comment by nk (dbc370) — 1/25/2014 @ 8:42 am

49. Margaret Carlson took much the same tack, at Bloomberg;

Comment by narciso (3fec35) — 1/25/2014 @ 9:15 am

50. JEF wouldn’t be the smartest guy in the room even if he was in a porta potty.

Comment by Gazzer (74e832) — 1/25/2014 @ 10:31 am

51. I wonder what the time gap will be between the Norwegian Foreign Ministry advising the White House that Tsunis is Persona Non Grata, and the WH’s announcement that Tsunis has withdrawn because of a “family crisis”?

Comment by askeptic (2bb434) — 1/25/2014 @ 10:49 am

52. I think Wendy’s hubby just wasn’t paying enuf attention to her needs. He was prolly tired out from taking care of the kids all day so she started looking for sumpin sumpin on the side. Old story.

Comment by daleyrocks (bf33e9) — 1/25/2014 @ 11:03 am

53. Superior logic, lol;

Comment by narciso (3fec35) — 1/25/2014 @ 11:30 am

54. Someday, I hope the state of Texas will outlaw drunk driving. Or something.

Comment by Elephant Stone (6a6f37) — 1/25/2014 @ 12:12 pm

55. is that your final answer;

Comment by narciso (3fec35) — 1/25/2014 @ 12:41 pm

56. I’m shocked aren’t you;

Comment by narciso (3fec35) — 1/25/2014 @ 12:50 pm

57. Wendy is by all accounts on the extreme left of the liberal party.
    She does the stompy foot to protect baby killers.

That’s a pretty extreme position for the Democrats to be pushing in Texas, in an election they haven’t a hope of winning.

Contrast with the behavior of Republicans in California or New York.

Comment by papertiger (c2d6da) — 1/25/2014 @ 2:03 pm

58. Too rabid?

Vertebrate, more likely.

Comment by gary gulrud (e2cef3) — 1/25/2014 @ 3:40 pm

59. Well the publisher stood by him, but the rest of the peanut gallery was more equivocal,

Comment by narciso (3fec35) — 1/25/2014 @ 3:50 pm

60. Mark had to go, he wasn’t prepared to bend over for Mann.
    NR is not the magazine that WFB founded.

Comment by askeptic (2bb434) — 1/25/2014 @ 3:52 pm

61. I suppose Steyn’s “toxic husk” euphemism for the Party precipitated some ill will.

Be that as it may, the time is past for mea culpas and reconciliation.

Let’s just have at it. Anything less is flaccid diffidence on our part.

Comment by gary gulrud (e2cef3) — 1/25/2014 @ 4:45 pm

62. papertiger:

I don’t think the Democrats expect this will help Davis with traditional Texas voters and they probably don’t expect her to win. However, they are definitely preparing the battlefield for 2014 and 2016 by energizing disillusioned voters who helped elect Obama in his Presidential elections — the young, single women/mothers, blacks, etc. Texas doesn’t have the economic problems the rest of the nation has so the Democrats hope these voters won’t be turned off by the Democrat’s national problems with jobs and the economy, and will be susceptible to the emotional appeal that comes from socially liberal policies.

This may help the Democrats in urban areas. I don’t think it will help in the small towns and rural areas, but we’ll see.

Comment by DRJ (a83b8b) — 1/25/2014 @ 4:55 pm

63. Hey, when you tell us to ‘Shut up and listen’ and we do, it’s a really good plan to have a point.

Take me off your call list or I’ll sue.

Comment by gary gulrud (e2cef3) — 1/25/2014 @ 5:25 pm

64. The price of Gold stands at $1268 and change. A great number of short delivery contracts will become untenable above $1270.

Another straw on the camel’s back.

The dilemma is total global assets amount to something like $100 Trillion. Total global debt exceeds that number by at least 10 times. The next Jenga block removed will very likely conclude the game.

Comment by gary gulrud (e2cef3) — 1/25/2014 @ 6:18 pm

65. I could be mistaken but I believe this is the unedited footage used.

Comment by Smock Puppet, Gadfly, Racist-Sexist Thug, and Bon Vivant All In One Package (225d0d) — 1/25/2014 @ 9:10 pm

66. I like the “Abbot is faking it” line some are taking. Classy.

They’ve watched The Fortune Cookie too many times…

Comment by Smock Puppet, Gadfly, Racist-Sexist Thug, and Bon Vivant All In One Package (225d0d) — 1/25/2014 @ 9:35 pm

67. Maybe if George Tsunis had worn the three-wolf t-shirt to that Senate hearing he’d have magically been able to say something smart.

Well, that AND Obama’s Teleprompter…

Comment by Smock Puppet, Gadfly, Racist-Sexist Thug, and Bon Vivant All In One Package (225d0d) — 1/25/2014 @ 10:58 pm

68. From Yes, Prime Minister:

(following a discussion of the fact that Latin is not taught in schools any more)…
    Sir Humphrey Appleby: Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses.
    James Hacker: What does that mean?
    Sir Humphrey Appleby: If you’d kept your mouth shut, we might have thought you were clever.

Gotta remember that phrase…

Comment by Smock Puppet, Gadfly, Racist-Sexist Thug, and Bon Vivant All In One Package (225d0d) — 1/25/2014 @ 11:00 pm

69. “Better to remain silent and appear a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.”

Comment by askeptic (2bb434) — 1/25/2014 @ 11:36 pm

70. Lists sometimes include total nonsense:

I have a couple of relatives, no closer-related to each other than to me, in Cedar Rapids. I’m a freaking apostate next to them.

Comment by gary gulrud (e2cef3) — 1/26/2014 @ 9:04 am

71. nk @48, all that proves is that someone can come from a background that isn’t low class, and still be a low class individual.

Petulant, vile, vulgar, obtuse, ignorant, obsequious when necessary, and a petty tyrant when you’ve got a team of bodyguards to hide behind.

When I asked how the Greek nouveau riche differed from the rest of the Chicago mob infesting the WH, I didn’t mean to imply that Tsunis’ display of ignorance and his insulting demeanor would have been acceptable had he come from money. We get the same thing from Kerry and he came from old-monied “aristocracy,” at least on his mother’s side.

They’re all equally embarrassing. Every single last one of them. Some of them just crawled out of sewers in Highland Park or the Hamptons.

Comment by Steve57 (dcc128) — 1/26/2014 @ 1:46 pm