1/1/2014

New Year’s Resolutions/Goals

Filed under: General — JD @ 8:31 am

[guest post by JD]

I have several, different ones for different aspects of my life. I am a firm believer in goals, and sharing them, as it keeps you accountable. Goals are great, but doing the work to reach them is much more fulfilling.

1) Continue to work on achieving a better balance in my life.
2) Continue to work on being a better father, husband, son, brother, and friend.
3) Ironman Louisville, Triple-T, Tri24, St Louis Marathon
4) Swim 300+ miles, bike 5000+ miles, run 1000+ miles.
5) Have more fun

What are yours?

—JD

1. Obama sucks

Comment by JD (4f54f8) — 1/1/2014 @ 8:32 am

2. @ 1: Yes he does.

I plan to restore my motorcycle and get it back on the road.

Comment by kinlaw (fbb735) — 1/1/2014 @ 8:45 am

3. I’m going to head out on a mercy mission to New Mexico the first chance I get and will bring a ton of soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, disposable razors, books and flea collars to be dispensed to the citizenry forthwith.

Comment by Colonel Haiku (756c13) — 1/1/2014 @ 8:45 am

4. My resolution is to do none of JD’s resolutions but the last.

Comment by SPQR (b29a53) — 1/1/2014 @ 8:49 am

5. Did you see the commercial where the little boy says his “New Years Revolution” is to “eat more jelly beans”?

Comment by MD in Philly (f9371b) — 1/1/2014 @ 8:53 am

6. 1. Survive the puppy’s teething.
    2. Run four days a week, cross train the other three.
    3. Finally finish organizing the garage – it’s been seven years, you’d think we could manage that!

That’s more than enough to be going on with, I think.

Comment by Dianna (f12db5) — 1/1/2014 @ 9:25 am

7. Items 3 and 4 are in direct contradiction with Item 5. Sounds like you’ll have a conflicted year.

Comment by Bird Dog (130699) — 1/1/2014 @ 9:26 am

8. 100 x 100′s in the pool this morning. 5.6 miles on the books.

Comment by JD (5c1832) — 1/1/2014 @ 9:41 am

9. Ptthhhhppppt

Comment by SPQR (768505) — 1/1/2014 @ 9:59 am

10. Consume less sugar
    Drink more water
    BBQ more Pork
    Get my handicap to zero
    Sharpen my Table Tennis Tactics
    Enjoy my Family

Comment by mg (31009b) — 1/1/2014 @ 10:23 am

11. I prefer to call them New Year intentions. That way it will all seem less faily when I inevitably fail on achieving or executing some of them.

The personal ones will stay personal and unposted here. But Dianna’s on the right track with the garage clean out and organizing. I’ll add my attic and the small guest bedroom and all closet shelves to the list of intentions. Multi- generational pack rat syndrome (that runs the gamut from pass along “treasures” to “might need again someday but prolly not” items) runs very strong in my genetic code. It is both a curse and a blessing, I think.

Comment by elissa (2e35d8) — 1/1/2014 @ 10:50 am

12. Lose 2 pounds a week.

Comment by Kevin M (536c5d) — 1/1/2014 @ 12:45 pm

13. I resolve not to make resolutions to be more successfully self-involved, like ones involving diet or exercise.

I resolve to spend more time and money on charity.

Comment by A66 (f84e71) — 1/1/2014 @ 12:54 pm

14. i resolved not to make any resolutions…

Comment by redc1c4 (abd49e) — 1/1/2014 @ 1:17 pm

15. Finish my novel.
    Work on loosening up my perfectionism.

The two are closely related!

Comment by Patricia (be0117) — 1/1/2014 @ 2:11 pm

16. i resolved not to make any resolutions…

Comment by redc1c4 (abd49e) — 1/1/2014 @ 1:17 pm

Failed already you have!

Comment by Yoda (c1890a) — 1/1/2014 @ 6:50 pm

17. Greetings:

Geez, I’m confused again. I thought they were New Year’s Day Resolutions.

Comment by 11B40 (9f2729) — 1/2/2014 @ 9:27 am

18. I’ve resolved to clean up the back porch.

It might not seem like a Herculean task worthy of a resolution, but I have four turkeys and a peacock, so it’s about waist deep in bird turd and feathers.

It aught to keep me busy.

Comment by papertiger (c2d6da) — 1/2/2014 @ 3:34 pm

19. The snowstorm finally started, sometime between 6:30 and 7:00 PM EST. There was no sign of it at 5 PM. Nor at 5:30 or even 5:45. They were saying it would start between 7 and 8. But I also heard (secondhad) mid-morning.

It is supposed to stop at 1 am ,or is that 1 pm or 4 am? I heard from someone that it might pass ppver New York City pretty fast and where the snow really will fall is Long Island.

Earlier it had been predicted for earlier in the day.

The CBS Evening News at 6:30 said there was already 4 inches in Boston.

Chicago, yesterday broke a 96-year record for snowfall falling on January 1!

Comment by Sammy Finkelman (bf7669) — 1/2/2014 @ 5:33 pm

20. #’s 4 and 5 seem incompatible….

Comment by Gospace (3c33bb) — 1/2/2014 @ 6:09 pm

21. Weather report: Temperature 12 degrees at 7 am. No snow falling and no wind. Not really that cold.

Snow falls at 7:45, no more falling by 8:20.

Temperature reported as 10 degrees, then 11 degrees.

Supposed to warm up tomorrow, rfain punds the snow Sunday, Weather at 45 degrees on Monday, then temperature abruptly drops and we are in the teens on Tuesday.

Comment by Sammy Finkelman (d22d64) — 1/3/2014 @ 12:11 pm

22. Hopefully number 4 is fun, because that’ll eat up some time.
    My prayer would be that your rest time would be filled with family fun

Comment by steveg (794291) — 1/3/2014 @ 7:38 pm

23. Steveg – I spend a lot of solitary time very early in the morning doing those things.

Comment by JD (5c1832) — 1/3/2014 @ 8:29 pm