12/4/2013

The Economist/YouGov 11/30 – 12/2 1000 A 39 57 -18
Reuters/Ipsos 11/22 – 11/26 1191 A 38 56 -18
CNN/Opinion Research 11/18 – 11/20 RV 41 57 -16
CBS News 11/15 – 11/18 1010 A 37 57 -20
ABC News/Wash Post 11/14 – 11/17 RV 41 56 -15
FOX News 11/10 – 11/12 1006 RV 40 55 -15

Couple these polls with the ongoing brazen lies about healthcare.gov being fixed, and you can understand why Obama is doing a sit down with Crissy Tingles this week.

To be clear, the website is not fixed. It is a security nightmare, it cannot always calculate subsidies accurately, there is a 30% error rate on the back end, and its load times and error rates are only acceptable when compared to how bad it was previously.

Even were it fixed, flawlessly, it would still result in millions of people having policies that they liked be cancelled, and those numbers will swell when the illegally delayed employer mandate and small business exchange hit, conveniently, right after the Congressional elections.

Time for an army of SQUIRRELS, I suspect. Minimum wage should be $20 per hour.

—JD

1. Shocking, I know.

Comment by JD (5c1832) — 12/4/2013 @ 1:14 pm

2. My God, these are the most racist polls I have ever seen!

Comment by JVW (709bc7) — 12/4/2013 @ 1:43 pm

3. Website operating with Zimbabwe private sector velocity!

Winning!

Comment by daleyrocks (bf33e9) — 12/4/2013 @ 2:04 pm

4. Don’t forget, JD, that the “Tech Surge” was six White House interns whose qualifications were that they had once installed Norton Utilities on a PC without wiping the hard drive.

Comment by SPQR (768505) — 12/4/2013 @ 2:31 pm

5. Obama blames the GOP for his negative poll numbers.

Comment by DejectedHead (a094a6) — 12/4/2013 @ 2:50 pm

6. Don’t forget, JD, that the “Tech Surge” was six White House interns whose qualifications were that they had once installed Norton Utilities on a PC without wiping the hard drive.

“Excuse me, but did someone say ‘White House interns’?”
    - Bill Clinton

Comment by JVW (709bc7) — 12/4/2013 @ 2:54 pm

7. So today (or was it yesterday) President Obama spoke about how the US had the worst rich-poor disparity in the world…

The world must be better off than I thought, when the poor in this country (the worst at rich-poor disparity, I remind you), can check out their food stamp eligibility on their cell phone

I guess all the world needs an ObamaPhone.

Comment by MD in Philly (f9371b) — 12/4/2013 @ 3:05 pm

8. …or a song.

Comment by askeptic (b8ab92) — 12/4/2013 @ 3:48 pm

9. I believe that none of the subsidies are correctly calculated since the healthcare.gov site is not integrated with the IRS systems to verify income.

So, all subsidies are based on the honor system. There is no enforcement mechanism to recover any inappropriately granted subsidies, so 2014 is just a “come and get it” free for all for those citizens willing to lie about their income…but to paraphrase Obama: I’m sure that it is just a percent of a percent – nothing meaningful in number or dollars. /s

Comment by in_awe (7c859a) — 12/4/2013 @ 8:04 pm

10. Security on Obama’s website is non-existent. You might as well put your name, address, phone #s, SS#, driver’s license #, names of banks – account #s including current balance – total investments -real estate holdings, etc, on a flashing neon sign and post it in your front yard.

The doors are wide open for identity theft leading directly to massive medical insurance fraud, which Obama will simply ignore and cover up so only the taxpayers suffer.

Obama’s wolf is at the door, he’s armed and wearing a federal agent’s uniform, and he’s come to force compliance with the law. But, you can always still hope that somehow things will change.

Comment by ropelight (08af8a) — 12/5/2013 @ 5:05 am

11. Comment by ropelight (08af8a) — 12/5/2013 @ 5:05 am

The site is notoriously slow and unreliable.

Massive? Why would hackers or fraudsters have an easier time of it than ordinary users?

The site can’t export any information that’s not all garbled.

Comment by Sammy Finkelman (1e81da) — 12/5/2013 @ 7:28 am

12. 11. Seriously Sam, you aren’t even average in your technical expertise.

I’m rather light on the use of technology, but I did develop electronics and software. Why would I even read your dreck?

Comment by gary gulrud (dd7d4e) — 12/5/2013 @ 7:33 am

13. Encryption is part of the problem you can’t have it between the various portals, IRS, Social Security, et al

Comment by narciso (3fec35) — 12/5/2013 @ 7:45 am

14. I’m not sure that being “secure” because it is such a mess of confusion as to be unusable is generally considered a good selling point.

But then again, I never thought having Reverend Wright as your pastor, Bill Ayers as a buddy, and writing (er, having ghost written) an autobiography highlighting your drug use were good selling points either.

Comment by MD in Philly (f9371b) — 12/5/2013 @ 8:19 am

15. The news this evening is Dog is cratering amongst the working poor, the younger ‘millenials’(get a unique nickname, dammit) and white wimmen.

Job satisfaction has to be at a new low, for the Crack Whore hisself, I mean.

Comment by gary gulrud (dd7d4e) — 12/5/2013 @ 7:45 pm

16. Huspanics aren’t too keen on him either;

Comment by narciso (3fec35) — 12/5/2013 @ 8:10 pm

17. http://www.nationaljournal.com/congressional-connection/coverage/young-americans-expect-obamacare-to-be-repealed-20131205

More than half of 18-to-29-year-olds who were surveyed in the most recent United Technologies/National Journal Congressional Connection Poll say it is likely the law will be repealed in 2014, even though the chances of that actually occurring are remote.

According to the poll, 18 percent of respondents in this age group said it was “very likely” Obamacare would be repealed by Congress next year, while 33 percent said it was “somewhat likely” the law would be done away with. The survey has an overall margin of error of plus or minus 3.6 percentage points.

Comnment: The word “somewhat”, I think, can indicate a probability of less than 50% in many people’s minds.

Comment by Sammy Finkelman (3bb3ae) — 12/6/2013 @ 9:55 am

18. 12. Comment by gary gulrud (dd7d4e) — 12/5/2013 @ 7:33 am

Seriously Sam, you aren’t even average in your technical expertise.

I know, I had no idea what a “story point” was (mentioned in acomment on another thread. I didn’t even know what a “story” was!

It seems to be a word for a task a program is supposed to accomplish. Apparently, there is no standard way to measure it. If you use the measure too much it will become meaningless.

But while I don’t know so much, I was able to find an answer to my virus infectiuon that was better than any of the advice I got. No need to download (somehow or somewhere else) a complicated program. Just run rstrui.exe (System Restore – built in Windows XP – which I didn’t know abouit) from the DOS (or command) prompt.

No need even to go into Safe Mode.

Pick a date that is definitely before the virus infection. On that computer System Restore saved the system settings about once every time the moon rose.

And then delete the virus (no longer running so not a sharing violation)

I had found what I suspected could be the name of the virus – a recently dated *.EXE file, but I had no ideaq what was legitimate and waht was not. An Internet file indicated that teh name of the virus changed but had an example starting with hV like mine was. So it looked like for a lot of cases only the last 6 characters changed, not all 8. So once the virus is found it can be deleted or renamed or moved.

Also get rid of the icon on the desktop.

So far, once I got rid of it there have been no more problems

Now back to this. narciso said the security problem with healthcare,gov is that data going between different places is not encrypted. Of course someone would first have to tap into that.

It would really have to be an inside job. Not a problem right now when the whole system isn’t working. What if maybe that’s causing the problem? If someone gets into the transmissions right now, with so many people looking at how it works, a hack would be spotted almost right away.

So this is not a problem right now. In the meantime, Google, Yahoo and Facebook do have problems. But anyone trying to hack into healthcare.gov to make a profit would just get frustrated.

Comment by Sammy Finkelman (3bb3ae) — 12/6/2013 @ 10:30 am