12/4/2013

Obama on SportsCenter and Piers on Obama

Filed under: General — JD @ 1:12 pm

[guest post by JD]

Tops on his bucket list is to host the Top 10 on ESPN. Popstar Prez should just start now, and quit destroying whole sectors of the economy.

Piers Morgan thinks Obama is the perfect physical specimen.

Speechless

—JD

1. Utterly speechless

Comment by JD (5c1832) — 12/4/2013 @ 1:18 pm

2. Musket Morgan, just needs to be laughed, preferably by Jeremy Clarkson,

Comment by narciso (3fec35) — 12/4/2013 @ 1:23 pm

3. the perfect physical specimen of what? certainly not a human being. I can think of several answers to this, none being human.

Comment by susan (711910) — 12/4/2013 @ 1:24 pm

4. Well, at least People magazine did not just anoint him “Sexiest Man Alive”. So there’s that.

Comment by elissa (af177f) — 12/4/2013 @ 1:25 pm

5. I think the rest of the sentence and remainder of the paragraph were cut off, so I am providing it here:

Obama revealed what’s at the top of his bucket list post-White House: “At least I know what I want to do when I retire … host ESPN SportsCenter’s Top 10 list,” Obama quipped as he turned to Disney’s Robert Iger. . .

. . . as the two of them headed for a lunch date with Scarlett Johanssen and Carmello Anthony. Later, after an afternoon recording session with Jay-Z and Miley Cyrus, Obama attended a cocktail reception at the home of Steven Spielberg where he sipped chardonnay with Allen Iverson, Chad Ochocinco Johnson, Sally Kirkland, David Hasselhoff, and the cast of HBO’s “True Blood.” Mr. Obama planned to end the evening meeting with the starting five from the Miami Heat, every living former bandmate of Paul McCartney’s, all Best Supporting Actor Oscar winners since 1995, and any ex-boyfriend of Anne Hathaway whose last-name runs from A-M.

Comment by JVW (709bc7) — 12/4/2013 @ 1:42 pm

6. Three f***ing more years.

Shoot me now.

Comment by SPQR (768505) — 12/4/2013 @ 2:25 pm

7. To open up Obama’s first sportscenter hosting, they should type onto the teleprompter:

“To the top 10! I’m about to learn for the first time what the top 10 plays of the week are…when I see them…with you the viewers…because nobody told me what the top ten plays are ahead of time. To the list!”

Comment by DejectedHead (a094a6) — 12/4/2013 @ 2:53 pm

8. Yeah, this guy belongs on ESPN. Blast from the past:

Dibble: “Having played with the White Sox for a short time, I know how the Cubs fans and White Sox fans go back and forth. Who was one of your favorite White Sox players growing up?”

Obama: “You know uh ….. I … I thought that … uh …. you know … the truth is a lot of the Cubs I like too! But, uh … I did not become a Sox fan until I moved to Chicago. Because I uh …. I was growing up in Hawaii so I ended up actually being an Oakland A’s fan.”

I wish he had been on ESPN before the 2008 election. Nobody would have voted for this lying fraud.

Comment by Steve57 (4f25e8) — 12/4/2013 @ 5:33 pm

9. Obama moved to Chicago in 1985. That interview was in 2010. So in 25 years he couldn’t learn a single White Sox player’s name.

That explains his website.

Actually, that explains his Presidency.

Comment by Steve57 (4f25e8) — 12/4/2013 @ 5:36 pm

10. Steve57- From that interview to find out that he was just a faux Sox fan made many of us who are real and lifetime White Sox fans feel much better! Now if we could just get him to stop wearing a White Sox cap when he’s on vacation…..

Comment by elissa (af177f) — 12/4/2013 @ 6:04 pm

11. Funny… “perfect physical specimen” is exactly what the lab tech called my last submission for colo-rectal cancer screening!

Comment by Colonel Haiku (548c2a) — 12/4/2013 @ 6:40 pm

12. They used to call this, speaking truth to power;

Comment by narciso (3fec35) — 12/4/2013 @ 8:13 pm

13. the cast of true blood is entirely too cool to get caught hanging around food stamp I think

they don’t really breathe the same air even

Comment by happyfeet (8ce051) — 12/4/2013 @ 8:33 pm

14. Well Homeland certainly, and probably Scandal.

Comment by narciso (3fec35) — 12/4/2013 @ 8:36 pm

15. Popstar Prez should just start now

Comment by Kevin M (536c5d) — 12/4/2013 @ 9:33 pm

16. It’s pretty bad when you’re a dilettante sports fan.

Comment by Kevin M (536c5d) — 12/4/2013 @ 9:35 pm

17. I am pretty sure that we could raise a billion dollars to get him and Sloppy Joe to resign.

I should hope so. But I see what’s happening in botched-up societies like Venezuela or, closer to home, communities like Detroit, and I shake my head at the knot-headed tolerance that a good portion of a place’s population will have towards corrupt, inept leftist politicians and the system they surround themselves with.

I once thought the US was somewhat impervious to that phenomenon, but as we start to acquire the politics and demographics of a Mexico, I now have major doubts about that assumption.

Comment by Mark (58ea35) — 12/4/2013 @ 10:42 pm

18. He’s a fake President, so why shouldn’t he pretend to “GO ALL THE WAY!!!” Obama is a clown wannabee.

Comment by Gus (70b624) — 12/4/2013 @ 11:11 pm

19. Piers Morgan thinks Obama is the perfect physical specimen.

Well, he’s utterly correct, if you speak of a specimen from the entry point of a sewage treatment plant…

Comment by Smock Puppet, Gadfy, Racist-Sexist Thug, and Bon Vivant All In One Package (225d0d) — 12/5/2013 @ 12:51 am

20. Maybe he can call a game in Cominsky Field.

Comment by CrustyB (5a646c) — 12/5/2013 @ 7:27 am

21. I’ve lived in the Northwest Side, and Western Suburbs, of Chicago since 1967. Let me see what White Sox names I know off-hand. Honestly: Comiskey, no clue to first name; Shoeless Joe Jackson; Harry Caray; Jimmy Piersall; Bill Veeck; Ozzie Guillen (or is he Bears?); Cellular One (not sure about this one either). The White Sox are South Side and the South Side is … well … it’s not the end of the Earth but you can see it from there. So they say, anyway, I’ve never ventured even that far. Oh, and Hyde Park is not South Side.

Comment by nk (dbc370) — 12/5/2013 @ 7:53 am

22. elissa @10, I’m not a fan of pretty much Pro-anything these days. How hard is that to say? Now that what I do on a Fall day is entirely up to me and not the Navy’s business it’s going to involve a shotgun. Which given the lack of sense of humor means pro sports and stadiums (stadia?) are likely out.

But back before Al Davis cured me of fandom I at least remember a few of the guys (A’s and Raiders) I looked up to. Rollie Fingers, Catfish Hunter, Vida Blue, Sal Bando, Jack Tatum, Jim Otto, and Ken Stabler.

Comment by Steve57 (0ffd93) — 12/6/2013 @ 11:21 pm

23. Another Coast Guard video for you.

Yo Ho Ho.

Somewhere around here I have a bottle opener that used to play Semper Paratus. A gift from my dad. It doesn’t play it anymore. I used it too much. Still.

Comment by Steve57 (0ffd93) — 12/6/2013 @ 11:37 pm

24. 5. LOL. You’ve got talent.

Comment by gary gulrud (dd7d4e) — 12/7/2013 @ 12:05 am

25. Thing about that surf boat, somebody gave up their weekends and Sundays to make her run like that.

Comment by Steve57 (0ffd93) — 12/7/2013 @ 12:32 am

26. Seriously, is there a name I can call this cat that he won’t live down to?

Prom Queen.

Tiger Beat.

Mean Girl.

Teen People (that’s a new one; the other ones are wearing out)

Comment by Steve57 (0ffd93) — 12/8/2013 @ 7:03 pm

27. Stud. He won’t ever rate that name.

Comment by Steve57 (0ffd93) — 12/8/2013 @ 7:05 pm

28. President Studley McMomJeans.

Comment by Steve57 (0ffd93) — 12/8/2013 @ 7:10 pm

29. http://catholicglasses.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/20120611-172506.jpg?w=714

One of these people is willing to go toe to toe with the Mullahs and won’t accept anything less than the best deal for the US of A.

The other is our President.

Comment by Steve57 (0ffd93) — 12/8/2013 @ 7:16 pm

30. http://catholicglasses.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/20120611-172506.jpg?w=714

One of these people throws a baseball like a man.

The other is our President.

Comment by Steve57 (0ffd93) — 12/8/2013 @ 7:17 pm

31. One of these people is a stalwart ally of Israel.

The other is our President.

Comment by Steve57 (0ffd93) — 12/8/2013 @ 7:18 pm

32. One of these people likes to get slapped around by Russian guys.

The other is a beauty queen from Detroit.

Comment by Steve57 (0ffd93) — 12/8/2013 @ 7:22 pm

33. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3eb4p_brandy-you-re-a-fine-girl-looking-g_music

Comment by Steve57 (20c19c) — 12/8/2013 @ 9:27 pm

34. A loaf of bread. A jug of wine. 2000 pounds of gas. A hundred bucks and a thirty ought six. And thou.

Comment by Steve57 (20c19c) — 12/8/2013 @ 9:33 pm

Page loaded in: 0.2027 secs.