11/2/2013

[ guest post by JD]

3 games leap off the pages at me today

6-1 Michigan vs 7-1 Michigan State
#3 Florida State vs #7 Miami
Texas Tech vs Oklahoma State

—JD

1. I am sure there are other good games out there (see any game involving Oregon and Baylor).

If you like them we can probably give you a good deal on them. Frankly a lot of us would be happy to be rid of the reprobates.

Comment by Tlaloc (d061fc) — 11/2/2013 @ 11:38 am

2. MD’s Wisconsin vs Iowa, and Tennessee vs Missouri may be good. Oregon and Baylor have byes this week but both play next Thursday 11/7 in what should be great games. The Bears play OU and Oregon plays Stanford.

Comment by DRJ (a83b8b) — 11/2/2013 @ 11:45 am

3. When was the last time Florida played Georgia and neither team was ranked?

Comment by JD (5c1832) — 11/2/2013 @ 12:44 pm

4. I bet Tlaloc would make a good groundskeeper at a football stadium—because he’s always moving the goalposts. Or whatever.

Comment by Elephant Stone (6a6f37) — 11/2/2013 @ 12:47 pm

5. FSU 42 Mia 24

Comment by Rich Vail (015de0) — 11/2/2013 @ 1:11 pm

6. Hope coach Fox of the Bronco’s recovers o.k. from his heart attack.

Comment by mg (31009b) — 11/2/2013 @ 3:09 pm

7. Texas is now 6-2?!

Comment by JD (5c1832) — 11/2/2013 @ 6:01 pm

8. texasourtexasallhailthemightystate

Comment by happyfeet (8ce051) — 11/2/2013 @ 6:09 pm

9. I didn’t get my wish, did I?

Comment by DRJ (a83b8b) — 11/2/2013 @ 7:15 pm

10. Michigan State 29, Michigan 6.

Spartans rule, Weasels drool!! [Wolverines are mustelids, members of the weasel family]

Comment by John Cunningham (93685c) — 11/3/2013 @ 3:32 am

11. I didn’t follow the results much yesterday, spent the day fishing for muskies with my oldest son. A fine day fishing (not a good day catching, as there is a difference);
    so I’m not sure what part of your wish you did not get, DRJ-
    but the Badger result looked just fine to me.

In honor of your shout out (thank you), I’ll pass on this link that my wife’s cousin outside of Green Bay shared with us:
    for those who never had the chance to visit, scenes include the famed Memorial Union terrace (young ladies dancing on chairs), the UW Hospital (IV bags on pole in the background), the “center of campus” in front of Bascom Hall and Abe Lincoln’s statue, and the famed UW marching band directed by the legendary Michael Leckrone).

Comment by MD in Philly (f9371b) — 11/3/2013 @ 6:57 am

12. My wish wasn’t about Wisconsin, MD. I want ia new coach at Texas and I want UT to lose more games to make that happen. But the Horns haven’t lost since I made that wish.

Comment by DRJ (a83b8b) — 11/3/2013 @ 7:18 am

13. Very cute link, MD. I like your Badger humor.

Comment by DRJ (a83b8b) — 11/3/2013 @ 7:21 am

14. There is a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an idiot. Loo

Comment by JD (c3ecd4) — 11/3/2013 @ 7:23 am

15. #10

Please check to see if Obama holds an honorary weasel degree from Michigan

Comment by steveg (794291) — 11/3/2013 @ 9:46 am

16. UM is awful and are so bad that State beating them should be meaningless in the polls.

Notre Dame is terrible and gave up 34 to Navy which should drop ND from the top 25
    USC only scored 10 against Notre Dame and are ugly offensively… but bowl eligible- blech
    Maybe USC can play Texas in the Once Upon a Time These Were Good Programs Hulu Bowl

Miami got overpowered position by position and was overrated. Florida State would beat them 4 out of 5 times.

Ohio State has to beat everyone by big points because the Big 12 still is slow looking conference and OSU “looks” the fastest.
    That said, I think Oregon is not as fast as advertised… Alabama is at least as fast, and is also larger and more physical all through the lineup. (I’d rather have big and fast over just fast)

Eastern Washington and Boise should have to play home and home every year until they change their fields from blue and red to green. Tell those clowns to change their fields to green. (it gives me a migraine)

Comment by steveg (794291) — 11/3/2013 @ 10:00 am

17. 14.There is a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an idiot. Loo
    Comment by JD (c3ecd4) — 11/3/2013 @ 7:23 am

Maybe next time I’ll take a picture, and you can tell me what category I fall into.

I must say, usually I find looking like an idiot to be a bigger issue at locations other than on the edge of a relatively isolated lake…
    like anyplace with one or more people around whom I don’t know.
    And I guess it matters whether or not you count the fish, as I guess they probably thought we were idiots.

Wishing your own teams loses more games in order to get a new coach is a tough spot to be in. He must be popular among some influential people.
    Earle Bruce was the first successor to Woody Hayes at Ohio State. I believe after about 8 years or so he was fired in spite of having the best winning percentage of any Div. I school over the time period, as he had not distinguished himself against Michigan or in bowl games.

Comment by MD in Philly (f9371b) — 11/3/2013 @ 10:37 am

18. I got the FSU vs Miami scores wrong…it turned out to be 41-14! I was off just a little from my prediction.

Comment by Rich Vail (015de0) — 11/3/2013 @ 10:50 am

19. Two coaches — Denver’s Fox and the Texans’ Kubiak — are in the hospital. Usually it’s the players, not the coaches.

Comment by DRJ (a83b8b) — 11/3/2013 @ 9:42 pm