1/20/2013

Harbaugh vs Harbaugh?

Filed under: General — JD @ 6:19 pm

[Guest post by JD]

It looks increasingly likely that the Harbaugh brothers will coach against each other in the SuperBowl in New Orleans.

After a flat start by the 49ers, and with Matty Ice on fire for the Falcons, Atlanta led early 17-0, and 24-14, before the 49ers found their stride and won 28-24.

There is still 10 minutes in this one, but I can’t stand the Patriots. A 28-13 lead is meaningless against Brady and this offense, but it just seems like at the very least, Baltimore knows how to make them work for points. Flaco and Boldin have been a tough combo to cover.

These have been some really exciting playoff games, well played, down to the wire competitions. Maybe this one will be too.

– JD

1. A couple thoughts on Brady – he should have just run for the 1st down on that 4th down play, and that slide in the first half was dirty, cheap, and could have easily injured the defender.

Comment by JD (b63a52) — 1/20/2013 @ 6:23 pm

2. Baltimore is physically dominating the pats. Flaco has out played Brady.

Comment by mg (31009b) — 1/20/2013 @ 6:24 pm

3. i got nothin

New Orleans except for the touristy parts is an ungodly shithole is all I know plus it’s scary

you ask people in Louisiana they say nothin good happens in New Orleans and me I believe them and I threw my lil scoot scoot in scat gear and scurried on through to mississippi

and that is the story of my trip to new orleans

Comment by happyfeet (ce327d) — 1/20/2013 @ 6:25 pm

4. I think the Ravens linebacker was in position to tackle Brady before he could reach the 1st down. A key decision was New England not immediately using their last timeout with 15 seconds left in the first half. They could have taken two shots at the endzone. A 17-7 lead would have changed the complexion of the 2nd half. However the way the Patriots coughed up the ball, it might not have mattered.

In the earlier game, what do you think of the controversial catch that was challenged? And on the decisive 4th down play: the Atlanta receiver might not have made the first down even if he had caught the ball.

Comment by aunursa (7014a8) — 1/20/2013 @ 9:25 pm

5. The Harry Douglas not-catch?

Comment by JD (b63a52) — 1/20/2013 @ 9:51 pm

6. The Ravens win was no surprise to me. The Pats aren’t all that talented. They overachieve with Brady’s arm. Gronkowski being out didn’t help either.

Comment by Gerald A (f26857) — 1/21/2013 @ 8:23 am

7. All I know is that my niners have NEVER lost a Superbowl!!

6-pack time baby!!

Ballsy move to switch QB’s in the middle of the season and it’s paid off!!

Comment by SacTownMan (2a89ae) — 1/21/2013 @ 10:27 am

8. I’m a San Francisco fan, but my early money’s on Baltimore, I got the Ravens and 4 points. The line is +150. Depending on how the odds develop, I may increase my position. The 49ers are getting big support in Reno because of the proximity of SF and because Kaepernick played at Nevada.

Plus, another factor favoring Baltimore is that in big games field goals often determine the outcome, and SF’s kicker sucks.

The over/under is 48 and I favor the under as both teams are strong on defense.

Comment by ropelight (4b9840) — 1/21/2013 @ 10:47 am

Page loaded in: 0.2022 secs.