1/20/2013

Brett Kimberlin Is Popehat’s “Censorious Asshat of the Year”

Filed under: General — Patterico @ 1:56 pm

Over at Popehat, the voting is complete:

He ran away with it.

I have been waiting for Ken to make the announcement, but since he doesn’t appear to be saying anything about it, I figured I would. The world needs to know!

1. Somewhere, Comic Book Guy Bill Schmalfeldt is crying.

Comment by Patterico (8b3905) — 1/20/2013 @ 1:56 pm

2. He got almost as many votes as the other 10 combined

Comment by JD (d420da) — 1/20/2013 @ 2:10 pm

3. I wonder if they think the damage to their reputations was worth it. I notice most of them have quieted down. Have they finally figured how badly they have wounded themselves?

I’m going to go out on a limb and declare that the answer is “no.”

Comment by Patterico (5de7c8) — 1/20/2013 @ 2:11 pm

4. Not a chance, these types double down until they end up in jail.

Comment by SPQR (768505) — 1/20/2013 @ 2:27 pm

5. Niners… YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Colonel Haiku (fdf47c) — 1/20/2013 @ 3:05 pm

6. My suggested candidate for this dubious award would have been Larry Cohen, president of the Communications Workers of America… a Commie CSer of the Third Kind.

Comment by Colonel Haiku (fdf47c) — 1/20/2013 @ 3:12 pm

7. 5. They played a superb second half.

Comment by mg (31009b) — 1/20/2013 @ 3:19 pm

8. yes, they certainly did, mg.

Comment by Colonel Haiku (fdf47c) — 1/20/2013 @ 3:23 pm

9. Has Popehat notified his local PD of the upcoming swatting attack?

Comment by Patricia (be0117) — 1/20/2013 @ 3:52 pm

10. I voted for Brett, but it’s good to go over to Popehat’s and learn more about the other worthy contenders. If there’s any good to come of Brett in this world, it’s awareness of abuses against free speech.

Comment by Dustin (73fead) — 1/20/2013 @ 3:58 pm

11. If I were Pophat I would have my 911 address changes to Kimberlins…..

think about it…

Comment by EPWJ (c5f1fc) — 1/20/2013 @ 4:22 pm

12. Popehat, not Pophat,sorry

Comment by EPWJ (c5f1fc) — 1/20/2013 @ 4:22 pm

13. changed not changes,

Comment by EPWJ (c5f1fc) — 1/20/2013 @ 4:24 pm

14. Colonel, hopefully, we’ll get a Harbaugh VS Harbaugh Super Bowl.

Comment by Elephant Stone (29de35) — 1/20/2013 @ 4:34 pm

15. Terrorist Brett Kimberlin, Asshat of the Year.

Ha, ha, in prison, Brett Kimberlin was voted “the Ass” of the Cellblock.
    Then again, he’s such a little munchkin that he couldn’t just say, “No !”—even if he would have wanted to decline to participate.

OUCH.
    Uh, figuratively and literally.

(He was also voted “The Mouth” of the Cellblock, but I’ll save that particular insult for a future Brett Kimberlin thread.)

Comment by Elephant Stone (29de35) — 1/20/2013 @ 4:42 pm

16. r u rite in claims for justice’d man u believe in prison for rehabilitation of soul RITE

Comment by is u rite (8d4285) — 1/20/2013 @ 6:01 pm

17. I’m not a fan of prison rape jokes, sorry.

Comment by Patterico (82c1e5) — 1/20/2013 @ 10:00 pm

18. I wonder if they think the damage to their reputations was worth it. I notice most of them have quieted down. Have they finally figured how badly they have wounded themselves?

Unfortunately it will have no effect on Mayor for Life Mumbles Menino. He’ll continue to get reelected every four years.

Comment by Mattsky (c97938) — 1/20/2013 @ 10:39 pm

19. He didn’t make a big announcement because you and others turned it into a travesty by stuffing the ballot box.

Comment by Mike (0832e1) — 1/21/2013 @ 9:48 am

20. Mike, how do you stuff a ballot box on that one? Are you mad because your favorite asshat didn’t win? Or because Kimberlin did?

Comment by SPQR (768505) — 1/21/2013 @ 9:52 am

21. The Popehat authors would have been capable of stuffing the ballot box (had they so chosen), but no one else could. That Kimberlin’s supporters showed up to vote, while others did not, in no way deligitimizes this exercise in democracy, as Presidents Kerry and Romney could inform you.

To the extent we’ve delayed announcement of the winner, it’s only that we’re engaged in fierce debate on a suitable prize.

Comment by Patrick (bcd7dc) — 1/21/2013 @ 10:48 am