11/4/2012

Seen in the Neighborhood: The Empty Chair

Filed under: General — Patterico @ 3:31 pm

I saw this on my walk this morning. I bet there are similar scenes in front yards all over this country.

1. If this is yours, by the way, boast about it!

Comment by Patterico (8b3905) — 11/4/2012 @ 3:34 pm

2. And if you have seen similar set-ups, send me photos!

Comment by Patterico (8b3905) — 11/4/2012 @ 3:35 pm

3. it’s like a metaphor

Comment by happyfeet (63da24) — 11/4/2012 @ 3:57 pm

4. The trouble is, on his own terms Obama has been effective. He doesn’t care about the economy anyway.

Comment by DN (e13e38) — 11/4/2012 @ 6:43 pm

5. Seems like Obama is endorsing Romney.

Comment by PatriotRider (ad18cf) — 11/4/2012 @ 7:47 pm

6. It took Clint Eastwood to come up with the apt metaphor of the empty chair (and the MFM ridiculed him for it).

Comment by waelse1 (e0fe96) — 11/4/2012 @ 8:34 pm

7. So, who’s going to win?

Romney has done a great job. He has established himself as a good guy who can be a good President.

The Dems have a great organization for GOTV.

What do most people think, though? Go with what you’ve got or take a chance on a new guy?

I’m thinking that people are going to go with what they have. Romney may actually win the popular vote, but the eastern part of the United States lives in a weird fantasy world.

They actually believe debt and spending do not matter. All that matters is having the government teat providing all succor.

They are actually the dumb vote. They really don’t know what is going on, but John Stewart agrees with them so, Yeah Obama.

Unfortunately, demographic distribution matters. I know a lot of people all over this great nation are voting for Romney. However, the way I see it is the right doesn’t have enough people in the right places.

I hope I am wrong, but I fear I am not.

Comment by Ag80 (b2c81f) — 11/4/2012 @ 8:43 pm

8. Yes, I know it’s Jon Stewart, not John Stewart. That was a typo.

Comment by Ag80 (b2c81f) — 11/4/2012 @ 8:45 pm

9. Between Sandy and the latest polls this is turning out to be a depressing week.

Comment by Dry Powder (3d5492) — 11/4/2012 @ 8:46 pm

10. I don’t know if it will be enough to counteract the endemic vote fraud in Philadelphia, but I do know that Central Pennsylvania will vote solidly Republican tomorrow. Those Lancaster County votes are actually cast by real voters.

It’s a pity that voter ID isn’t in place, but that would have only limited the entrenched, systematic, and blatant fraud that is the pride of generations of city democrats.

Comment by Amphipolis (d3e04f) — 11/5/2012 @ 6:03 am

11. The only empty chairs I see in my neighborhood are saving parking spaces. The old “2 chairs connected by a broomstick” is the favorite after snow shoveling.

Comment by carlitos (49ef9f) — 11/5/2012 @ 12:11 pm