3/1/2012

Andrew Breitbart Dead

Filed under: General — Patterico @ 6:43 am

I saw it in multiple outlets but still didn’t want to believe it. I emailed someone who knows him personally and they confirmed it.

I’m too much in shock to say much. Frankly, one of the things that sickens me the most is the celebration we are going to see from some quarters among the fringe left. Oh, they’ll hide it behind a facade; the smirks will be papered over with Serious Looks. But they are already sniggering behind their hands.

I don’t know if I can bear to look.

In October I had an interview with someone who told Breitbart “please die.” She got her wish, and somehow I think Andrew would have wanted me to ask her if she’s happy.

I don’t want to, Andrew. I’ve always tried to follow your example and to be courageous, but I don’t want to ask people that question.

I don’t want to hear the answer.

Rest in peace, buddy. I want to give you a proper tribute, but I can’t muster it. All I see is the faces of the laughing jackals in my mind’s eye and I want to throw up.

I’m going to go stand in the shower and see if maybe this is a bad dream somehow.

UPDATE: Before I leave the computer:

My best to Susie and the children. He was a fighter and one of the most honest people I have ever met. That was what was truly endearing above all else: his absolute, forthright, total honesty. The world is a poorer place today.

OK, I’m going to take that shower now.

1. I felt the same way. I am really sorry to see this.

Comment by Machinist (b6f7da) — 3/1/2012 @ 6:45 am

2. Incredibly courageous. Truly.
    I’m so saddened by this.

Comment by MayBee (081489) — 3/1/2012 @ 6:46 am

3. I was very very shocked to see that he has died. Wow.

Comment by G (dd1df9) — 3/1/2012 @ 6:46 am

4. And I just don’t want to see the ugliness right now, though I know it’s coming.

Comment by Machinist (b6f7da) — 3/1/2012 @ 6:47 am

5. This is very sad. This isn’t about politics, he was a dad with young kids and a wife. He was tweeting just last night.

Comment by milowent (1b563e) — 3/1/2012 @ 6:48 am

6. It’s a huge loss. And this man had four children who expected to have their father for very long time.

I have already seen crowing on the left about this. You don’t need to look and check… it’s there, and it is infuriating.

Comment by Dustin (401f3a) — 3/1/2012 @ 6:48 am

7. Those jackals should Google John Donne.

No bitterness. Celebrate his life and family legacy.

Comment by nk (dec503) — 3/1/2012 @ 6:56 am

8. Skip this post if you don’t want to see what Breitbart would be retweeting if he could… that’s how he always highlighted the worst of it:

@Sttbs73 It is very hard to have sympathy for an evil person like Andrew Breitbart! I am done being NICE.

DJ Rouech ‏ @dwings85
    Very sad news… Oh my god, i didn’t think I’d make it through that without laughing!

paul ‏ @seedsown
    @Dust92 he’ll rot in Hell

Comment by Dustin (401f3a) — 3/1/2012 @ 6:58 am

9. Courageous… honest… tenacious… inspiring… amusing… effective… flair… fiery… as an old man I struggle to find the right words that capture the essence of Andrew Breitbart.

I fear we won’t see another like him for a long, long time.

Comment by Colonel Haiku (b3b825) — 3/1/2012 @ 6:59 am

10. There are days I am furious with God. This is one.

Comment by Ed from SFV (f46ce8) — 3/1/2012 @ 6:59 am

11. I just feel we needed him.

Comment by MayBee (081489) — 3/1/2012 @ 7:01 am

12. Rest in peace. 4 kids will grow up without their dad. That is profoundly sad.

Comment by Bugg (34ad0e) — 3/1/2012 @ 7:02 am

13. It’s up to the rest of us to pick up where Breitbart left off. He was particularly skilled at timing the presentation of stories… it’s something I’ve marveled at, but his most central element was standing up courageously. Everyone can do that.

Comment by Dustin (401f3a) — 3/1/2012 @ 7:02 am

14. DEATH be not proud, though some have called thee
    Mighty and dreadfull, for, thou art not so,
    For, those, whom thou think’st, thou dost overthrow,
    Die not, poore death, nor yet canst thou kill me.
    From rest and sleepe, which but thy pictures bee,
    Much pleasure, then from thee, much more must flow,
    And soonest our best men with thee doe goe,
    Rest of their bones, and soules deliverie.
    Thou art slave to Fate, Chance, kings, and desperate men,
    And dost with poyson, warre, and sicknesse dwell,
    And poppie, or charmes can make us sleepe as well,
    And better then thy stroake; why swell’st thou then;
    One short sleepe past, wee wake eternally,
    And death shall be no more; death, thou shalt die.

Comment by nk (dec503) — 3/1/2012 @ 7:03 am

15. Dustin,

Andrew would want the world to know about that. He would.

Me, I can’t bear to look. But I know I will anyway.

Comment by Patterico (feda6b) — 3/1/2012 @ 7:03 am

16. Don’t bring those assholes’ shit into your house, Dustin.

[note: released from moderation. --Stashiu]

Comment by nk (dec503) — 3/1/2012 @ 7:04 am

17. Me, I can’t bear to look. But I know I will anyway.

That’s how I feel too. I don’t actually want to know, but someone does have to hold the spotlight up.

I know you were friends and I’m sorry for your loss.

Comment by Dustin (401f3a) — 3/1/2012 @ 7:04 am

18. I expected to see him tomorrow night.

Comment by Patterico (feda6b) — 3/1/2012 @ 7:07 am

19. The Shrine is is Deepest Mourning for this Tea Party Warrior

Comment by Mutnodjmet (c4995d) — 3/1/2012 @ 7:08 am

20. Patrick, I hope no one on the “left” would stoop so low. Any real soul’s answer is no.

I said certain quarters of the fringe left, and as you can see it has started already.

Comment by Patterico (feda6b) — 3/1/2012 @ 7:10 am

21. I love my job. I love fighting for what I believe in. I love having fun while doing it. I love reporting stories that the Complex refuses to report. I love fighting back, I love finding allies, and—famously—I enjoy making enemies.

Three years ago, I was mostly a behind-the-scenes guy who linked to stuff on a very popular website. I always wondered what it would be like to enter the public realm to fight for what I believe in. I’ve lost friends, perhaps dozens. But I’ve gained hundreds, thousands—who knows?—of allies. At the end of the day, I can look at myself in the mirror, and I sleep very well at night.

Amazing.

Comment by Dustin (401f3a) — 3/1/2012 @ 7:10 am

22. Patterico- xoxox

Comment by MayBee (081489) — 3/1/2012 @ 7:13 am

23. God bless his family & memory.

Comment by Steven W. (989390) — 3/1/2012 @ 7:17 am

24. I still remember him mostly as West Coast Drudge and the disintermediation him and Mr. Drudge introduced to our propaganda whore friends in the media is sorta taken for granted anymore

but it was revolutionary

Comment by happyfeet (3c92a1) — 3/1/2012 @ 7:24 am

25. At a loss for words.

Comment by daleyrocks (bf33e9) — 3/1/2012 @ 7:27 am

26. Patterico, you’re obviously deeply hurt by his death. So, condolences to you, and to his family.

Comment by JBS (2d88a8) — 3/1/2012 @ 7:30 am

27. The volume of hate is unbelievable and like nothing I’ve ever seen. I didn’t even have to search for Breitbart by name. I tried typing in a swear word and it was just one lefty after another.

darrenfiorello ‏ @darrenfiorello
    Andrew Breitbart died? Is it wrong that I’m happier about that than when they got bin Laden and Saddam? #tcot #SoLongAsshole

Chico Delainky ‏ @ChicoDelainky
    #AndrewBreitbart is dead & the Knicks won last night. What a great morning.

That second on has other comments about how unreasonable Republicans are about Obama. She comments about how Republican compassion is fake. She comments about how Republicans are abusive. Hours later, she’s repeatedly delighting in a tragedy.

It’s not possible to keep up with all of it.

And it’s not just fringe:

Matt Yglesias ‏ @mattyglesias
    Conventions around dead people are ridiculous. The world outlook is slightly improved with @AndrewBrietbart dead.

Comment by Dustin (401f3a) — 3/1/2012 @ 7:31 am

28. He’s a Hamas supporting employee of the Soros Borg,
    what else is new sadly.

Comment by narciso (87e966) — 3/1/2012 @ 7:35 am

29. As said before, 42 year olds can die suddenly from cerebral hemorrhage, cardiac arrhythmia, pulmonary embolus, and perhaps a few other things.

But not all 42 year olds have as many enemies and as powerful enemies as Breitbart. Maybe I’ve watched too many “Monk” episodes. He did say just a few weeks ago that he had video of Obama as a college student that would have a tremendous impact when it was shown.

Comment by MD in Philly (3d3f72) — 3/1/2012 @ 7:37 am

30. The grave-dancers validate Breitbart’s warnings of left-wing derangement as effectively as Breitbart communicated it in life.

I am still stunned, needless to say. My condolences to Breitbart’s family and friends, especially you, Patterico.

Comment by Brother Bradley J. Fikes, C.O.R. (c957f4) — 3/1/2012 @ 7:38 am

31. One of the most courageous people I’ve ever known. He showed the world what courage truly is.

Shocked. We need to take care of his family.

As we both learned: “Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.”

Comment by Anita Busch (a025dd) — 3/1/2012 @ 7:38 am

32. Andrew Breitbart is in a much better place, and I’m glad he had the courage to leave Drudge and follow his dream of establishing a conservative website and speaking out for conservative causes. It’s hard to answer when our convictions call us to action and easy to think there will always be more time.

However, I feel terrible for his young family and pray for all of them.

Comment by DRJ (a83b8b) — 3/1/2012 @ 7:41 am

33. How can any decent person celebrate the death of a political opponent? Only if a stroll in the ocean of their souls left your feet dry.

Turning opponents into “monsters” leads to this. A lesson for us all. Even if you hate a person, their death removes all chance that they could come to see things your way.

My father’s theory—that there are more people than souls these days—seem relevant.

RIP and condolences to his poor family and grieving friends.

I wish there could be an Andrew Breitbart endowed Chair in Combative Journalism. But lockstep academia would never allow it.

Sad morning.

Comment by Simon Jester (4bf9b7) — 3/1/2012 @ 7:52 am

34. I’ll pray for his family. Very sad for them.

Comment by Gerald A (cc0aaa) — 3/1/2012 @ 7:53 am

35. Gerald A at #33
    I like the question, I don’t like Gallagher using it as a reason to get people to call his radio show. my opinion.

Comment by MD in Philly (3d3f72) — 3/1/2012 @ 7:56 am

36. Presidents don’t assassinate gadflies. Don’t go there. Leave it for World Net Daily.

Comment by nk (dec503) — 3/1/2012 @ 7:58 am

37. Gerald A: Stop it. You know nothing.

Comment by Anita Busch (a025dd) — 3/1/2012 @ 7:58 am

38. Agreed, nk. No disrespect intended to Gerald.

Comment by Dustin (401f3a) — 3/1/2012 @ 7:59 am

39. What a horrible loss. Breitbart was one of the few who was willing to shine a light on the darkest corners of America and expose those who would do her harm. He will be greatly missed by all those who cherish liberty and justice. A noble warrior has been lost. It is up to the rest of us to pick up his shield and defend as he has done. Thanks and Godspeed.

Please offer our condolences to his family in this time of loss. I know he would desire his family to know they are loved and not alone.

Comment by NJRob (fe68e7) — 3/1/2012 @ 8:03 am

40. Friends are saying he had underlying health problems. He was out walking in his neighborhood and someone saw him collapse.
    It is a tragedy, and that’s enough. No need to imagine something else.

Comment by MayBee (081489) — 3/1/2012 @ 8:04 am

41. Wishes and prayers to his wife and children. And to those of you, like Patrick, who knew him. Huge loss.

Ghouls

Comment by JD (0cdcee) — 3/1/2012 @ 8:06 am

42. I forgot that Andrew’s father-in-law was Orson Bean.

I remember an appearance of Orson Bean on the Merv Griffin Show where Orson said that he refused to buy life insurance because he wasn’t going to give into death. It only stands to reason that a guy who had the same attitude would marry his daughter.

Comment by Neo (d1c681) — 3/1/2012 @ 8:10 am

43. New York Times versus Sullivan did not abolish libel by innuendo.

I doubt that “making up shit in my head without evidence” is a defense to “reckless disregard for the truth”.

The best defense is that Obama would consider it beneath his dignity to sue.

[note: released from moderation. --Stashiu]

Comment by nk (dec503) — 3/1/2012 @ 8:14 am

44. Palin in her facebook tribute to Breitbart paraphrasing him in Pella, IA last year:

“conservatives must be unafraid to fight the leftwing media, cultural, and political establishments”

And, unfortunately, when faux ‘conservatives’ tow the establishment line, candidate, or belief system, we must oppose self-described conservatives.

Comment by gary gulrud (1de2db) — 3/1/2012 @ 8:21 am

45. It seems that Breitbart might have succumbed to a heart problem he may have been ignoring to do his citizen-based activism.

I shudder to think about what is being written the comments sections on opposition websites today.

Comment by Mutnodjmet (c4995d) — 3/1/2012 @ 8:23 am

46. Guys, do remember to get yourself checked out. It’s not that expensive or time consuming. Just do it.

Comment by Dustin (401f3a) — 3/1/2012 @ 8:25 am

47. Well we have some notion, but that will not be for today,

Comment by narciso (87e966) — 3/1/2012 @ 8:29 am

48. On the positive side, Boehlert and Walsh have shown themselves not to submerge themselves, at least on Twitter.

Comment by narciso (87e966) — 3/1/2012 @ 8:34 am

49. How utterly sad I felt when I turned on my computer and saw this news on my welcome screen this morning. We have lost a true conservative fighter.

I am so sorry for this loss to his family, his friends and everyone who cared for him.

Comment by PatAZ (2c3538) — 3/1/2012 @ 8:35 am

50. RIP Andrew. You will be sorely missed.

Comment by Ipso Fatso (7434b9) — 3/1/2012 @ 8:43 am

51. The link by mutnodjment at #44 is helpful background. If he had a history of high blood pressure with hypertensive “urgencies”, that could easily be associated with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (as well as the more common coronary artery disease), for the medically curious looking from afar.
    I agree, nk, that making a big conspiracy issue would be foolish and wrong. Still, I hope someone is taking time to think twice, at least.

For a “gadfly” Breitbart has been quite influential. It is a terrible cost, especially to be borne by his family, but may his colleagues and mentees step up.

Comment by MD in Philly (3d3f72) — 3/1/2012 @ 8:52 am

52. So now I go into moderation?

Comment by nk (dec503) — 3/1/2012 @ 8:58 am

53. It’s not the Obama video. If the Obama video has any connection to his death, it’s as a red herring. People would think – ah’s that’s it. There can’t be anything in the Obama video and we’ll see it anyway too.

If he was killed, it was by people who have secrets to protect and lies to tell, where his involvement is crucial.We’ll see maybe soon if the probability should be adjusted up or down. He

I just heard this being discussed on the Mike Gallagher show just before 11:30 and this was the first I heard of this. He was 43 years old, they say. And any half formed suspicions tended toward The Obama video which is wrong, wrong wrong.

It is possible he just happened to die now. . For convenience’s sake, because there’s no way to estimate the probability, start with a 50-50 chance of a natural death. Medical and circumstantial details may emerge and also signs that other people expected this, or did not. They may be rather subtle. If no clear evidence of homicide emerges, you have to reduce the probability. Also, it could be done in such a way that someone is arrested quickly so drop the probability about 25% just because that doesn’t happen (if it doesn’t happen)

I don’t think it has anything to do with the meal he got two weeks ago at the home of Bill Ayers, which is one of the things some people have begun thinking about. . What kind of a slow-acting poison that would kill him before he got to a doctor who diagnosed it would you imagine?

Ayers isn’t involved anyway with the people Breitabart was fighting with. Of course it could be that somebody offered him more of what they said was the same stuff.

Comment by Sammy Finkelman (bbe5c1) — 3/1/2012 @ 8:59 am

54. Honestly, my brain only ate my left foot. Cognitively, I am still the same old type B personality, flamboyant asshole as before.

Comment by nk (dec503) — 3/1/2012 @ 9:01 am

55. #35-37

Folks I didn’t say anything about what I think.

FYI every Gallagher caller was very suspicious.

Comment by Gerald A (cc0aaa) — 3/1/2012 @ 9:03 am

56. Since there was no doctor in attendance there will be an autopsy. Wait.

Comment by nk (dec503) — 3/1/2012 @ 9:03 am

57. So now I go into moderation?

Pretty sure it’s actually the spam filter. It’s sensitive and unpredictable.

Comment by Dustin (401f3a) — 3/1/2012 @ 9:05 am

58. I want to thank Pat again for introducing me to my best friend for the past year.

The work continues.

That Obama ally? John Boyd.

Comment by Lee Stranahan (708cc3) — 3/1/2012 @ 9:07 am

59. I really hope people stop indulging in wild speculation until some facts come to light. Right now, we know nothing more than that he died, and that he’ll be sorely, sorely missed.

Comment by radar (3a664a) — 3/1/2012 @ 9:12 am

60. Yeah, speculation isn’t helpful.

Comment by Lee Stranahan (708cc3) — 3/1/2012 @ 9:14 am

61. 44. 50. The link at 44 basically only referred you to another page. This is the link that has some medical history:

In February 2009, Breitbart was a no show for the Tea Party Patriots national Policy Summit, due to emergency health reasons. I received a call from Andrew personally, and he advised me that he’d had a terrible heart scare, and that he’d been checked into the hospital with exceptionally high blood pressure. According to Andrew, he really didn’t like doctors and hadn’t been to see one in a very long time. Obviously, he’s lived a high paced, stressful life in the last few years. But in his usual upbeat way, Andrew said people around him were concerned, but that they didn’t realize that it was all “positive stress” to him. I was worried as well and expressed as much, but Andrew assured me that with the appropriate meds he’d be just fine. I never expected that little more than one year after that conversation, the blogosphere would be writing a collective eulogy for a great man.

Comment by Sammy Finkelman (bbe5c1) — 3/1/2012 @ 9:14 am

62. ______________________________________________

Andrew Breitbart was relatively obscure to a good portion of the general public compared with Rush Limbaugh. One can only imagine the big smiles and squeals of relief from those who fancy themselves as so humane, tolerant, beautiful, compassionate, generous and sophisticated if the latter were to go away prematurely.

I can’t find the quote, but I believe Breitbart several years ago described the superficial, phony nature of liberals in Hollywood. He said something about how they’d embrace do-gooder leftist policies and politicians in public, but then, behind closed doors, in their home or office, would behave like miserable, unkind, overbearing, obnoxious people to their housekeepers, go-fers, employees, etc.

I recall seeing a photo of Beitbart awhile back and sensing there was something possibly physically unsteady or unhealthy about him. Not sure why I felt that way, but I regret having been closer to the truth than I cared to think at the time. Even more so in light of things like his having young children.

RIP to Andrew Breitbart.

Comment by Mark (31bbb6) — 3/1/2012 @ 9:17 am

63. As nk said, I assume there will be an autopsy since it sounds like this was an unattended death, so we don’t need to worry about it because we’ll learn what happened eventually. Frankly, I hope the results show his death was not easily preventable since it may help the family find peace.

In addition, regarding hateful comments about Andrew Breitbart’s death or any topic, it’s always tempting to use caustic words to hurt someone else (especially anonymously and online). It’s a tactic that brings satisfaction and superiority without consequences. However, hateful words are impossible to justify in the long run and even harder to atone for — especially in a death where comments can cause pain to the surviving family and friends. It’s a hard heart indeed that delights in causing pain and I feel sorry for them.

Comment by DRJ (a83b8b) — 3/1/2012 @ 9:17 am

64. Radar is right.

Lee Doren has noted that the people cheering that Andrew Breitbart is dead want to control your healthcare.

He’s right too.

Comment by Dustin (401f3a) — 3/1/2012 @ 9:18 am

65. This sounds like it is conflating two separate incidents – one in 2009, which was public, and one towards the end of 2010, which maybe was not.

Comment by Sammy Finkelman (bbe5c1) — 3/1/2012 @ 9:18 am

66. I feel sorry for them too, DRJ.

Comment by Dustin (401f3a) — 3/1/2012 @ 9:19 am

67. The only American politician whose death was celebrated by the right was Ted Kennedy, and that was only because he got away with killing a woman.

The left doesn’t value human life. I don’t think a more clear case has been made than what twitter has shown the left to be this morning.

Hell, even Robert Byrd died, the right didn’t mourn him, but (maybe I missed it) I didn’t see any gleeful celebrations.

Comment by Ghost (525593) — 3/1/2012 @ 9:19 am

68. nk:

New York Times versus Sullivan did not abolish libel by innuendo.

I doubt that “making up **** in my head without evidence” is a defense to “reckless disregard for the truth”.

I’m certain you aren’t in moderation, nk. Your comment was filtered because of the word that I replaced with asterisks.

Comment by DRJ (a83b8b) — 3/1/2012 @ 9:22 am

69. 66)Not to mention, his serving as a useful idiot
    for Andropov, back in the 80s

Comment by narciso (87e966) — 3/1/2012 @ 9:25 am

70. Dustin:

I meant that I feel sorry for people who speak so hatefully, but I also think each hateful comment should be exposed. It helps us all learn who to trust and who not to trust.

Comment by DRJ (a83b8b) — 3/1/2012 @ 9:29 am

71. It says on his website he passed way “this morning” “shortly after midnight” “in Los Angeles”

This means shortly after 3 PM Eastern time.

It includes a short epitaph, that he added to a new edition of his book:

Comment by Sammy Finkelman (bbe5c1) — 3/1/2012 @ 9:30 am

72. Yglesias ‘s morning: a series of comments about how he’s glad (“GLAD”) about Breitbart’s death, and then jokes about how he’s going to benefit from the increased web traffic.

Yeah, I knew that was the point all along for any shock jock.

Makes me ill.

Comment by Dustin (401f3a) — 3/1/2012 @ 9:30 am

73. ______________________________________________

That’s a terrible mistake, but all too typical, per below. It’s obviously ill-advised for people to be overly nonchalant about their health, certainly when they have a family depending on them.

always-health.com: A survey states that over a third of American men have not had a medical check up last year, while around nine million men have not visited a doctor in five years. These statistics are staggering. It is estimated that men make a 150 million fewer trips to the doctor than women, every year!

Researchers explain that this is very common in most men across the world. Most men feel that a visit to the doctor is a threat to their masculinity. Added to this are fear, denial and embarrassment. Researchers believe that from a young age men are taught to hold their heads high and ‘get tough’. Admitting to pain or any other problems is seen as a confession to being weak and threatens male pride and machismo.

41% of all male deaths under the age of 75 are caused by circulatory diseases, the largest single cause of death. Of these deaths, over two-thirds are due to coronary heart disease. Each year, over 130,000 men of all ages die from circulatory diseases.

Men are raised to be providers and caretakers, taking very little care of themselves and their health. As a consequence, before the age of 65 men are 2.5 times more likely to suffer from a heart attack than women, and one in three men will suffer from high blood pressure. Men are also at greater risk for stress related illnesses, with more than 30% of men more likely to have a stroke than women, yet men make up only 20% of the people in a stress management program.

Comment by Mark (31bbb6) — 3/1/2012 @ 9:31 am

74. I meant that I feel sorry for people who speak so hatefull

There was no misunderstanding your insightful comment. As is often the case, you put into words views I more or less share. I have both this pity for these folks and also disgust.

Comment by Dustin (401f3a) — 3/1/2012 @ 9:33 am

75. Yglesias isn’t a pimple on Breitbart’s ass. He’s a privileged snot who’s accomplished nothing more than being paid by dinosaur media to opine about things he knows nothing about for the simple reason that he went to Harvard.

Comment by radar (3a664a) — 3/1/2012 @ 9:41 am

76. Mark – If ObamaCare paid for men to have s*x, maybe they would go more often.

Comment by daleyrocks (bf33e9) — 3/1/2012 @ 9:42 am

77. * shortly after 3 AM EST

Comment by Sammy Finkelman (bbe5c1) — 3/1/2012 @ 9:45 am

78. This is awful news. 43 is too young, and a reminder that anyone can go at any time.

Comment by Kevin M (bf8ad7) — 3/1/2012 @ 9:45 am

79. “Death took him sleeping, for if [he] had been awake, there would have been a fight.” –Thomas Marshall, upon hearing of the death of Theodore Roosevelt.

For some reason, that quote immediately came to mind when I heard of Mr. Breitbart’s passing. Condolences to his family and friends.

Comment by M. Scott Eiland (003254) — 3/1/2012 @ 9:54 am

80. All I see is the faces of the laughing jackals in my mind’s eye and I want to throw up.

The laughing jackals will always be with us, Pat. They laugh because the lion that haunted them in their nightmares is no longer is around to terrorize them.

It’s what passes for winning with a jackal, a feat not possible for them against a live foe.

Comment by Steve (740ac6) — 3/1/2012 @ 10:14 am

81. “That Obama ally? John Boyd.”

Lee Stranahan – He’s a hunka hunk o’ burnin’ love.

Comment by daleyrocks (bf33e9) — 3/1/2012 @ 10:17 am

82. Maybe it is really 42, and Mike Gallagher had it wrong.

It seems like he had very high blood pressure and whatever was done for him, was quite possibly not only unsuccessful but for all we know made sudden death more likely. He said he was taking meds.

The family and Breitbart himself apparently never released any details about what was wrong with him and how it was being treated. He was keeping his medical problems under wraps, so now, of course, he’s got people wondering.

If he didn’t look good, as Mark @62 says, he surely also did not feel quite right and medical tests may have kept being abnormal, against the predictions of his doctors. He had to know the doctors treating him were not being successful, had no confidence in them, and all he did was try to avoid them, just seeing them enough to get his prescriptions refilled. He could have had all the free advice in the world. If he’d discussed this openly.

Comment by Sammy Finkelman (bbe5c1) — 3/1/2012 @ 10:19 am

83. Saw Dustin comment on this earlier…

The point people keep making about his kids… I can’t even imagine what that would be like, to have your father die out of the blue like that. Absolutely crushing, soul-rending. There’s something so raw about that kind of grief that it makes me feel false to even appear in its presence.

May God envelop his wife, children, family and friends in comfort and love, and dreams of peace. Whatever I may have thought of Breitbart’s causes, he was a warrior, a thorn in the side of people who deserved one. To my mind, that is one of the noblest callings.

You would hope that death would bring people together in something other than partisan combat, but if I’m being honest large chunks of the progressive Left have lost all concern for dignity and decency. Ugly, ugly things are going to be said – uglier than the things people said about Tony Snow, which set the bar (at the time) for shameful venom.

Comment by Leviticus (91e44c) — 3/1/2012 @ 10:21 am

84. I never met him, but he was my hero.

RIP, Andrew.

Comment by Andy (b63f79) — 3/1/2012 @ 10:23 am

85. Here’s a link to video of Breitbart speaking to the Eagle Forum convention in San Diego last June. Taken by yours truly.

Comment by Brother Bradley J. Fikes, C.O.R. (a18ddc) — 3/1/2012 @ 10:24 am

86. This is a nice obituary (published at “fandaily” of all places) that focuses the loving family Andrew Breitbart leaves behind.

Every time our “friends” on the Left is about to cackle with delight over the untimely death of this husband and father, I wish they would pause for one moment and reflect on the tragic loss Andrew’s family is suffering right now.

Comment by Y-not (e7d1c7) — 3/1/2012 @ 10:30 am

87. Thanks for sharing that, Bradley. What an honor to hear the guy give a speech. Imagine if we could have been there when he took over that podium in NYC and held a press conference about Weinergate.

Leviticus, that was a great comment.

Comment by Dustin (401f3a) — 3/1/2012 @ 10:30 am

88. According to Andrew, he really didn’t like doctors and hadn’t been to see one in a very long time.

Not possible, because how was he getting his medicines? I think you can only get about 5 months worth of prescriptions refilled without seeing a doctor again. True, a doctor could prescribe by telephone and now there’s online too but Mark Meckler, as I said, has clearly conflated two different conversations about his health with Andrew Breitbart. He wrote about both of them in one paragraph as if there was just one.

I think what that quote above means is that Andrew Breitbart hadn’t seen a doctor in a long time before the first incident in 2009.

The latest recommendations are that that course of action was quite right, unless he had not been feeling well before.

Comment by Sammy Finkelman (bbe5c1) — 3/1/2012 @ 10:40 am

89. I’m listening to Mike Gallagher right now. He is discussing the video Andrew has of Obama from college and inviting callers to opine on whether this is really just a coincidence.
    Comment by Gerald A — 3/1/2012 @ 7:53 am

– Mike Gallagher, of all people, whose wife and both of his parents all died relatively young, should know better than to go there. Then again, crap like this is why I don’t listen to his show.

Comment by Icy (7fc862) — 3/1/2012 @ 10:48 am

90. What a loss.

He was a great patriot, and more than that, willing to stand up for his and other people’s freedom.

Comment by Unix-Jedi (e0ef98) — 3/1/2012 @ 10:48 am

91. “He could have had all the free advice in the world. If he’d discussed this openly.”

Sammy – With respect, I disagree. With somebody like Breitbart there is no reason for him to openly discuss any medical conditions or medications and give liberals other avenues for attack and speculation. There’s just no upside in it for him.

If it was blood pressure related, adjusting medication to get a desired response can be a trial and error process that takes time and also can get impacted by the patients activities and levels of stress. It’s not an automatic, take these two pills and call me back process.

Comment by daleyrocks (bf33e9) — 3/1/2012 @ 10:51 am

92. “In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart.”

– Anne Frank

RIP Andrew

Comment by Pious Agnostic (7c3d5b) — 3/1/2012 @ 10:54 am

93. The LEFT is sick. They have NEVER attacked the truth of what Breitbart said, they never will, they attacked the messenger.
    I said it HERE YESTERDAY, the LEFT, OLBERDOUCHE AND SHITSTER, attacked O’KEEFE and BREITBART, because they THREATEN the COMMIE AGENDA.

R.I.P. Andrew.

Comment by Gus (694db4) — 3/1/2012 @ 10:56 am

94. 86. The fandaily entry looks like it was originally an entry in a website devoted to celebrity couples (and actually focused more on his wife because she ewas the daughter of Orson Bean) but it was rewritten this morning.

About the circumstances of Andrew Breitbart’s death it says:

a witness said he saw Andrew collapsed while on a walk in Brentwood, he was taken to the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center where he was pronouncd dead.

Now he has been reported to have died shortly after midnight. That means he was declared dead then, but he might really have been dead on arrival. They never admitted him.

He would probably not have been out walking quite so late – maybe 10 or 10:30 at he latest although it could be later. So they might have been fruitlessly performing CPR for a half an hour, or an hour or an hour and a half.

Probably an aneurysm burst and/or he had a stroke.

Comment by Sammy Finkelman (bbe5c1) — 3/1/2012 @ 10:56 am

95. A tribute from David Burge (IOWAHAWK) via Legal Insurrection:

A generous, kind, patriotic goofball who had excellent taste in the people he chose to drive insane.

Indeed.

Comment by Steve (740ac6) — 3/1/2012 @ 11:02 am

96. 93. MD had the likeliest cause, sudden arrhythmic arrest following dining and exertion. The hypertensive events alluded to are an indication of thickened cardiac tissue and in younger folk such as basketball players, sudden death is the first real symptom.

Comment by gary gulrud (d88477) — 3/1/2012 @ 11:04 am

97. I hope those on the left don’t treat Breitbart’s desath the way Breitbart treated Kennedy on Kennedy’s death.

Comment by Kman (073043) — 3/1/2012 @ 11:05 am

98. With respect, I disagree. With somebody like Breitbart there is no reason for him to openly discuss any medical conditions or medications and give liberals other avenues for attack and speculation. There’s just no upside in it for him.

Good point.

the way Breitbart treated Kennedy on Kennedy’s death.

One reason you should hope people do not treat Breitbart like he’s Ted Kennedy is that Breitbart never left a woman to drown.

Comment by Dustin (401f3a) — 3/1/2012 @ 11:08 am

99. Kman – Did Breitbart kill anyone?

Comment by daleyrocks (bf33e9) — 3/1/2012 @ 11:09 am

100. Daley:

Breitbart also did the same with Michael Jackson, so what is your point?

Comment by Kman (073043) — 3/1/2012 @ 11:13 am

101. Breitbart also did the same with Michael Jackson, so what is your point?

I think you’re at least right that it’s shameful for folks to dance on his grave no matter what their equivocation would be for that.

We can all agree on that one.

Comment by Dustin (401f3a) — 3/1/2012 @ 11:15 am

102. I thought at least one of the despicable trolls would come here to fart in church but do we have to give him the attention he wanted? Please ignore him at least for this thread.

Comment by Machinist (b6f7da) — 3/1/2012 @ 11:15 am

103. Also from Mark Meckler:

He would sweat profusely as he spoke, peeling off his jacket, blotting his brow and gulping water as he moved through the myriad of subjects he knew so well.

Mark Meckler evidentally interpreted this as high activity. Breitbart as rushing around the stage etc. But it could also be low circulatory capacity. And when was this?

Comment by Sammy Finkelman (bbe5c1) — 3/1/2012 @ 11:25 am

104. President Obama to call for polite civil discourse in 3 . . . 2 . . .

Comment by Icy (7fc862) — 3/1/2012 @ 11:29 am

105. First Cathy Seipp and, now, Andrew. We can’t afford to lose these people.

This reminds me of a funny true story. A woman was seeing a GP I used to know. She said to him, “My husband drove me this morning and isn’t feeling well. Could you see him Too?”

The husband had a perforated ulcer.

Comment by Mike K (326cba) — 3/1/2012 @ 11:35 am

106. “Breitbart also did the same with Michael Jackson, so what is your point?”

Kman – I think you dropping by and pointing to Breitbart’s tweets about Big Head Ted is a perfect example of the fight AB was fighting against the hypocrisy, double standards and intolerance of the left.

Breitbart’s tweets about the hero of Chappaquiddick illustrate the propensity of the left to lionize and promote the worst of its slime instead of punishing them, as is the tendency of the right. Breitbart’s tweets rubbed your nose in it and you didn’t like it.

How many other people on the right did similar things that day Kman compared to the celebration on the left today over AB’s death? Serious question. See any difference?

Comment by daleyrocks (bf33e9) — 3/1/2012 @ 11:36 am

107. It would be nice if we could moderate Patterico’s “laughing jackals” at least on this thread, at least for today. It’s not like there aren’t plenty of hate fests he could join in around the nets. Do we have to have him leaving his poo prints here as he skips through laughing?

Comment by Machinist (b6f7da) — 3/1/2012 @ 11:37 am

108. Machinist – I will stop, sir.

Comment by daleyrocks (bf33e9) — 3/1/2012 @ 11:41 am

109. Ghouls, they are. Yglesias. BalloonJuice. Kos. Just sick

Comment by JD (ddebbb) — 3/1/2012 @ 11:41 am

110. Breitbart also did the same with Michael Jackson, so what is your point?

Comment by Kman — 3/1/2012 @ 11:13 am

Did he talk about Jackson being a probable pedophile?

Comment by Gerald A (cc0aaa) — 3/1/2012 @ 11:43 am

111. Sorry, but I don’t get it. I fully expect rotten people to say rotten things about their enemies when their enemies die, just as I fully expect decent people to say rotten things about rotten people when the rotten people die and are being eulogized by other rotten people for the rotten things they did in their life.

The Left is our enemy. The collectivists know it. Why do so many good people have trouble understanding that? They are our enemies just as surely as the Iranian mullahs are.

I consider the Left’s current outpouring of hatred against Breitbart to be the finest proof of his nobility and decency that could be had.

I can only dream that I might one day be as hated by the Left as Andrew is.

Comment by Roland (5ff18d) — 3/1/2012 @ 11:43 am

112. #107,Comment by daleyrocks — 3/1/2012 @ 11:41 am

Very courteous of you Sir. I meant no criticism of you. If it provides a release then maybe it’s not all bad. It’s certainly not my site.

Comment by Machinist (b6f7da) — 3/1/2012 @ 11:46 am

113. JD – Add Wonkette to your list.

Comment by daleyrocks (bf33e9) — 3/1/2012 @ 11:47 am

114. “If it provides a release then maybe it’s not all bad.”

Machinist – Just reacting to the infestation in a different manner than you.

Comment by daleyrocks (bf33e9) — 3/1/2012 @ 11:49 am

115. JD, add Donald Frum to your list too, while you’re at it.

Comment by Dustin (401f3a) — 3/1/2012 @ 11:49 am

116. If Breitbart had an exact counterpart on the left, he would be tweeting ugly things about his now-deceased counterpart on the right.

I’ll leave it to others as to whether that is a tribute or a condemnation of the man, but we all know it’s true.

Comment by Kman (073043) — 3/1/2012 @ 11:51 am

117. 115.If Breitbart had an exact counterpart on the left….

See, that is where you go wrong. There is not and cannot be an exact counterpart of Breitbart on the Left. The Left is a swarm of flesh eating locusts.

Comment by Roland (5ff18d) — 3/1/2012 @ 11:56 am

118. There is not and cannot be an exact counterpart of Breitbart on the Left.

Hence, the word “if”.

Comment by Kman (073043) — 3/1/2012 @ 11:57 am

119. Glad you are so happy, Kman. You do know Mr. Frey was a friend? And you just can’t shut up, even for a day. This is even more a sign of your lack of character than stalking Aaron.

Sick.

Comment by Simon Jester (995bf7) — 3/1/2012 @ 11:57 am

120. #113,Comment by daleyrocks — 3/1/2012 @ 11:49 am

Understood, Sir. I will go install MiL’s new VCR/DVD. I am family tech support.

Comment by Machinist (b6f7da) — 3/1/2012 @ 11:58 am

121. Tangential Topic.

A healthy 30 yo male doesn’t really need to see a doctor every year, and if he did, probably the #1 intervention would be to ask if he wore his seat belt every time he drove. Second group of questions would be about substance abuse, tobacco, etc., but I don’t consider someone with a substance abuse problem or smoking cigarettes to be “healthy”. Somebody with a known history of high blood pressure at times high enough to require immediate treatment is certainly “not healthy”, and even if “too busy” to see the doctor often, there are home BP monitors now which are reliable.

Women have reasons to go to the doc on a regular basis that men do not including early detection and prevention of cervical and breast cancer. Men get testicular and prostate cancer, but it is unclear if regular “routine” evaluations really do much against either of those diseases.

Yes, men are generally raised to be more stoic, at least historically have been more constrained by employment considerations, and every teen male who thinks he is invincible tends to believe that until taught otherwise.

At least in PA, an autopsy is considered whenever a doc is unwilling to commit to a cause of death, whether present at the time of death or not. If a person 75 years old with known heart disease grabbed his chest and collapsed at home and was pronounced dead by paramedics a doctor may be content to sign a death certificate and no autopsy ever done.
    But even if known to have a heart condition predisposing to sudden death by cardiac arrhythmia, it would be far less likely to allow the death of a 42 year old to go without autopsy.
    I know there are detective show episodes of how people could be given poisons, foods, etc. that can cause increased blood pressure. I am not a pathologist or forensic medical expert, but I imagine some things that contributed to a death related to hypertension would have to be looked for specifically, in addition to the “obvious” “final” cause.

Such considerations have their time and place, but at the moment mourning and concern for the family are higher on the agenda.

Comment by MD in Philly (3d3f72) — 3/1/2012 @ 12:02 pm

122. Glad you are so happy, Kman.

I never said I was happy. I’m never happy at anyone’s death. I’m amused at his lionization, but that’s about it.

Comment by Kman (073043) — 3/1/2012 @ 12:03 pm

123. As sometimes happens, even in his idiocy Kman — unintentionally, of course — manages to illustrate an important point: in the sphere of the left involuntary manslaughterers and child molesters are deserving of praise; exposers of hypocrisy and bad behavior, not so much.

Comment by Icy (7fc862) — 3/1/2012 @ 12:03 pm

124. Grief is the sadness felt for a future that will not be.

I really miss all the great things that AB was going to do.

Comment by Pious Agnostic (7c3d5b) — 3/1/2012 @ 12:08 pm

125. The vile fat toad David Frum has written a characteristically revolting piece on the Daily Beast that I won’t link because I don’t want to encourage the traffic. Suffice to say that, as loathsome as I found him before today, my opinion of him has plummeted to depths I didn’t even know existed. I wish he’d just take a job with Media Matters and get it over with.

Comment by radar (3a664a) — 3/1/2012 @ 12:11 pm

126. Kman? Why not express yourself to Patterico in a private email? You really are unclear on the concept.

Comment by Simon Jester (995bf7) — 3/1/2012 @ 12:12 pm

127. If Breitbart had an exact counterpart on the left, he would be tweeting ugly things about his now-deceased counterpart on the right.

I have no doubt that a leftist would do just that. And we don’t have to guess, because they are.

Comment by JD (ddebbb) — 3/1/2012 @ 12:17 pm

128. Andrew Breitbart’s last tweet was about 12 hours ago, at at 2:25 am on March 1, 2012. That must mean Eastern time. We still haven’t found out what clock Twitter keeps, or if it is the same for everyone.

This means his walk outside must have been at about 11:30 pm PST, or a bit later, and they didn’t work on him for half an hour or more. Things always are less interesting than you imagine if there’s no data.

He had done 26,113 tweets (not,counting deletions, if any, I think) and had 73,416 followers and followed 1,637 accounts.

His motto or introduction was:

Mild-mannered family guy. Husky male model. Likes to throw objects. Funnier than Olbermann. http://www.HatingBreitbart.com – The Movie.

Los Angeles, USA · http://www.breitbart.com

And his handle was nothing complicated. Just adrewbreitbart.

His last words:

AndrewBreitbart ‏ @AndrewBreitbart

I called you a [*] cause I thought you werebeing intentionally disingenuous. If not I apologize. @CenLamar @dust92

* A word once used by then-Senator D’Amato in 1998.

The tweets were all about the James O’Keefe “felony” at Sen. Landrieu’s office. What O’Keefe was trying to do was prove her phones weren’t malfunctioning.

Comment by Sammy Finkelman (bbe5c1) — 3/1/2012 @ 12:19 pm

129. Yet another objective data point to call up next time the CIVILITY NOW beeyotches start up again.

Comment by JD (ddebbb) — 3/1/2012 @ 12:23 pm

130. I don’t know if Andrew knew how empowered he made us little nobodies feel. He gave me my political backbone. I will be forever grateful and he will be forever missed.

Comment by sybilll (b6c25a) — 3/1/2012 @ 12:28 pm

131. Keep it classy, David Frum:

Comment by MSE (276dea) — 3/1/2012 @ 12:37 pm

132. That’s unpossible, for the FRumster, now at the home of Inspector Sullivan, and competing with the insane at New York, with Chait and Rich

Comment by narciso (87e966) — 3/1/2012 @ 12:50 pm

133. Kman,
    Ted Kennedy killed a woman, and was lionized by the left. Michael Jackson buggered little boys, and the left lionized him. Robert Byrd was a damn klansman, and our first black president calls him the conscience of the senate.

Besides disagree with you and show leftists in their own words, what did he do that deserves this evil (and I really hope every gay friend I know is paying attention to twitter so they can see who the real homophobes are)?

No, more apt examples would be how the right reacted to Tim Russert’s passing. As they were both in the news service. But ya know, keep stretching. You’ll find some excuse to feel good about yourself.

Comment by Ghost (6f9de7) — 3/1/2012 @ 1:01 pm

134. This is very sad news. I usually don’t react to celebrity deaths, but this has hit me rather hard. He was a real hero to me.

RIP Andrew

Comment by Noodles (3681c4) — 3/1/2012 @ 1:03 pm

135. Noodles,
    I had to fight back tears. But remember, he wasn’t a celebrity. He was just that awesome.

Comment by Ghost (6f9de7) — 3/1/2012 @ 1:07 pm

136. Chris Muir’s tribute today.

Comment by SPQR (26be8b) — 3/1/2012 @ 1:11 pm

137. Sammy, that conversation did take place around 11:30 his time, PST.
    I was impressed how Breitbart tirelessly engaged those who were willing to be engaged. His very last tweet was a showing of good faith that I doubt his detractors will ever appreciate.

Lamar presented a meme I’ve seen Breitbart refute countless times. And even after it’s refuted and the person who probably should be apologizing is complaining, Breitbart is trying to persuade him. I think Andrew realized that Lamar was sincerely convinced, and willing to be unconvinced over the course of the conversation, because of lies that were told to him by Shuster and pals. Can you imagine any MSM figure, from Katie Couric to Wolfe Blitzer, proving a conservative wrong during a heated exchange, and then ending it on a charitable note expressing hope for good faith?

Breitbart had the big picture in mind with all these individual arguments. He was making an authentic attempt to win someone over. He wasn’t always Mr Comity, but he was consistently persuasive to those willing to listen. He had an agenda when he chose his words.

Comment by Dustin (401f3a) — 3/1/2012 @ 1:12 pm

138. @ Pious Agnostic

That is a beautiful quote and very fitting.

Comment by Noodles (3681c4) — 3/1/2012 @ 1:30 pm

139. Ghost,

I agree with you that Tim Russert is a good comparison to Andrew Breitbart, and I hope liberals will think about that before commenting. However, I also think Breitbart’s comments at Ted Kennedy’s death were harsh. It can be hard to deplore someone’s bad behavior without hating the person but I think that’s what we’re called to do. I know I’ve crossed the line at times and I regret it. I’m especially going to remember Breitbart’s last tweet where he was willing to apologize and reach out to others.

Comment by DRJ (a83b8b) — 3/1/2012 @ 1:36 pm

140. Frum seems to be staying on the down escalator and his friends are becoming more and more obnoxious.

Comment by Mike K (326cba) — 3/1/2012 @ 1:39 pm

141. I left a song in my name/link. Nick Cave-Lay Me Low. Though it is not perfectly fitting for Andrew, I think it is appropriate in the death of a controversial person.

Comment by Noodles (3681c4) — 3/1/2012 @ 2:01 pm

142. The comments at GLAAD are surreal. And vile.

Comment by JD (ddebbb) — 3/1/2012 @ 2:13 pm

143. Lee Stranahan- I am so sorry for the loss of your best friend. I need you to carry the torch now, because I am not brave like the two of you.
    xoxox

Comment by MayBee (081489) — 3/1/2012 @ 2:16 pm

144. My take on the ugliness towards breitbart today at the link for my name.

Comment by Aaron Worthing (73a7ea) — 3/1/2012 @ 2:26 pm

145. What a fearless man he was! Think back to all of the things he exposed for the scams they were. I think back to so many times he amazed me and put a smile on my face as he did it. His audacity. His willingness to stand up to the abuse and sheer stupidity hurled at him by those on the Left. I think of the times he filled in as host on Dennis Miller’s radio show and how exuberant and excited he was to be doing it. His love of music and of life.

Fearless… courageous… principled… a visionary. May he bask in the glory of the Lord and may all of God’s blessings be showered on his loved ones.

Comment by Colonel Haiku (b3b825) — 3/1/2012 @ 2:27 pm

146. Thanks, MB

Comment by Lee Stranahan (708cc3) — 3/1/2012 @ 2:35 pm

147. Mr. Breitbart’s grandfather in law was a founding member of the ACLU is what the internet says

Comment by happyfeet (a55ba0) — 3/1/2012 @ 2:37 pm

148. It is always sad when a life is cut short. I’m not defending anyone who is speaking ill against this man but how many of you guys on here praising him feel that he was wrong for the comments he made about Senator Kennedy? He didn’t acknowledge any sorry for Senator Kennedy or his family. Again I am truly sorry to see any life lost but what do you guys think about the question?

Comment by Rock (b526a8) — 3/1/2012 @ 2:44 pm

149. jimgeraghty: “Today God unveiled “BigHeaven.com,” a new web site with fascinating investigative journalism, sharp commentary, & jubilant humor.”

Comment by Colonel Haiku (b3b825) — 3/1/2012 @ 2:45 pm

150. “One place is America… the other place is Occupy.”

- Andrew Breitbart

Comment by Colonel Haiku (b3b825) — 3/1/2012 @ 2:48 pm

151. DRJ,
    I understand where you’re coming from. I’m merely pointing out the difference between a news maker and a killer/pedophile/klansman. One can be excused for not being sad at the passing of such people, but because he disagrees with Kman on who should be in charge, or what economic structure we should follow, mocking his death is acceptable.

Kman couldn’t find an example of breitbart ripping on a decent democrats death. “well, he mocked Kim Jong-Il’s death!” again, it’s the phony equivocating.

Comment by Ghost (6f9de7) — 3/1/2012 @ 2:51 pm

152. The thing that sticks out the most to me right now is Andrew showing up at an anti-capitalist protest (link below) to counter protest them on roller blades.

It was like he just heard about it on the radio and slapped them on to go down there and confront them. Courageous, relentless, good humored, punk rock even.

Comment by Noodles (3681c4) — 3/1/2012 @ 2:54 pm

153. 121, 147. Joe Jr. died a hero, we know little else. The remainder of Rose’s boys were, and we learn more as the years go by, monsters.

I don’t recall celebrating Ted’s death, but it was long expected and like nk’s Donne poem, Death is the enemy of all living.

Speaking ill of the dead on their passing is tempting Death in our primitive consciousness, so to speak. But speaking well of monsters is never, ever a positive.

Even the very liberal folks I know did not cry for Ted.

Comment by gary gulrud (d88477) — 3/1/2012 @ 2:56 pm

154. Rock, I don’t understand why this is a good time to explain your grievance with the man. I also don’t understand any hint of equivocation between Breitbart’s life and leaving a girl to drown.

I think the question is yet another meme used to dominate the discussion. I’ve seen that repeated over and over and over, used to justify utter ghoulishness… So my reaction to that question is that it’s sad to see.

Regarding Ted, he did joke about Kopechne. Breitbart was not perfect, but his pointing out Kopechne’s justice denied is not anything equivalent to the actual justice denied issue.

If you think Breitbart was wrong then (which frankly, I do not), then apply that view about extreme levels of giving someone respect when they have recently died.

Comment by Dustin (401f3a) — 3/1/2012 @ 2:58 pm

155. Pay no mind to the skunks on the Left. They have no class in the best of circumstances, why think they would show any upon the death of one of their most effective tormentors?

Breitbart’s effectiveness and success at their expense is why they hate him so. But they aren’t all like that. I must say, Donna Brazile surprised me:

“Andrew Breitbart was a conservative political combatant who was unafraid of his critics. We battled on and off air, but he was a genius.”

“Sending my thoughts and prayers to Breitbart’s family and many fans. The epic struggle will continue, but albeit without this warrior.”

Comment by Colonel Haiku (b3b825) — 3/1/2012 @ 2:59 pm

156. “Andrew Breitbart was indeed a happy warrior, one of the greatest innovators of new media who has, since the dawn of new media, been using it to push aside old media and left-wing activists in order to advance freedom.

He was on my show just yesterday, to discuss in detail the latest controversy in which he was involved, but we began by talking about music and new media –his favorite band the The– and he was, as always, full of the joy of the political battle. He will be greatly missed by his wonderful wife and children, by his hundreds of friends across the country, and by all sincere believers in crusading journalism.

For every enemy, Andrew had ten friends, and for every critic, a score of accomplishments they could never begin to approach much less match. He will be greatly missed.”

Comment by Colonel Haiku (b3b825) — 3/1/2012 @ 3:05 pm

157. Oh, it’s real, not a rumor. [redacted]

My condolences to his family and friends. He tried to make the world a better place.

Comment by htom (412a17) — 3/1/2012 @ 3:11 pm

158. “Andrew was a great performer of course, but I never got the sense that he was a natural extrovert. He pushed himself. He was utterly ballsy that way, willing to do things that scared him. Last year he showed up at an Occupy Wall Street protest on rollerblades. Within minutes, through pure aggression and fast talking, he’d taken command of the crowd. The protest ended when Andrew led the obedient mob to a local chain restaurant for lunch.

Andrew loved a good prank above all. It’s hard to think of a higher compliment.

Yesterday I found myself on a plane across the aisle in the first class cabin from Michael Moore, who was looking miserable with a takeout pizza on his lap. I immediately texted Andrew, mostly because I couldn’t resist. His response: “Give him the phone and say Breitbart wants to say hi.” He couldn’t resist either.

The plane took off before I could set up the conversation. It would have been a riot. Hard to believe that’s the last I’ll hear from Breitbart.

He really was a great guy. There aren’t many.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/01/tucker-carlson-andrew-breitbart-rip/#ixzz1nuTZRFnH

Comment by Colonel Haiku (b3b825) — 3/1/2012 @ 3:14 pm

159. Patrick, I know you’ve lost a good friend and it saddens me to hear it. Thoughts and prayers for his family in this most difficult time.

Comment by angeleno (d0c8d6) — 3/1/2012 @ 3:21 pm

160. Kman couldn’t find an example of breitbart ripping on a decent democrats death.

Well, of course, who is and isn’t “decent” is subjective. If you’re going to say, “It’s okay to rip on a dead person, as long as that person isn’t decent”, then you’ve pretty much condoned the practice as a whole (since there’s always going to be SOMEBODY who views the deceased as “indecent”).

Breitbart made his name for being a provocateur — in fact, many today are praising him for that. So it’s a little disingenuous to claim to be shocked — shocked! — by some on the left who are tweeting “Good riddance”, etc. Classy? Not in my view, but neither was Breitbart. He didn’t try to be. And I suspect he would be reveling in the insults he’s getting.

Comment by Kman (ac067f) — 3/1/2012 @ 3:22 pm

161. America has lost the leading voice in conservative activism.
    My thoughts and prayers for his family. And to you, Patrick.
    His conviction to expose the wrong, is most commendable.

Comment by sickofrinos (44de53) — 3/1/2012 @ 3:30 pm

162. I’m not shocked some on the left are sayying such awful things today. They said it every day. I’m shocked about how much they hated him. It’s funny because I don’t think he was even all that conservative- he mostly had no patience for idiocy. He certainly didn’t have power.
    Even the people who hate him for Shirley Sherrod forgive the Obama WH for firing her without getting the full story.

Comment by MayBee (081489) — 3/1/2012 @ 3:33 pm

163. Rock and Kmart are just pushing different versions of the same meme – rock in that passive aggressive emo-concern troll way, and Kmart is his sanctimonious mendoucheous way we have grown to know. Piss off.

Comment by JD (ddebbb) — 3/1/2012 @ 3:33 pm

164. Well, of course, who is and isn’t “decent” is subjective.

This morally insane point of view is why you cannot see the difference between Breitbart and Kennedy. When you have no standards, it is inevitable that you will end up with your heroes being manslaughtering, drunken, predatory demagogues.

Comment by Roland (5ff18d) — 3/1/2012 @ 3:38 pm

165. We’ll never know what other democratic penises he had on his phone. RIP. Maybe they’re on the N0bama college videos.

Comment by TeleprompterJesus (518b93) — 3/1/2012 @ 3:41 pm

166. 159. “Breitbart made his name for being a provocateur”

But you’re remaining anonymous absolves you of comparison.

Comment by gary gulrud (d88477) — 3/1/2012 @ 4:02 pm

167. Well, decent would include not sitting on the shore for 45 minutes while your date drowns in the back seat of your car, then waiting 4 hours to notify authorities.

I would also exclude child molesters from the decent pile.

He was a trouble maker, but he was far from indecent.

The fact that you can’t admit the difference is why you’ll always be wrong. No one is shocked. Just disgusted as usual. In fact Patterico said in the post, he knew it would be a veritable clusterf**k of hate. We all knew it was coming. But, just like we expect dogs to eat out of the litter box, we are still disgusted.

Basically, Kman, you can justify and excuse it all you want. I just don’t know why you’d waste your time. The ignorance of the left is shown here: people didn’t hate Kennedy because he wanted health care, they hated him because he killed a woman. Every “horrible” thing said about Kennedy’s passing referred to that. Look at what they’re saying about Breitbart: One of the board of directors at GOProud was a homophobe; the guy who tried to get justice for black farmers was a racist; the guy who helped expose a corrupt organization that was helping criminals break the law a serial liar. They don’t hate him for who he was, they hate him because of who they are: an ignorant mass of douchenozzles who parrot endless garbage instead of doing any kind of research. “Duh, someone said he’s homophobic! So I’m gonna call him a cocksucking faggot because I’m not homophobic at all!” They’ve never listened to a word he said, or read a word he wrote. They just know someone said he lied about a lady named Sherrod something or other. So he’s a liar!

We hate those people for what they’ve done. They hate for what they wish we would do.

Are you getting it yet?

Comment by Ghost (6f9de7) — 3/1/2012 @ 4:13 pm

168. I think what the leftists miss, willfully or otherwise, is that Breitbart was a born-again conservative. He had been raised a liberal, was steeped in its self-hatred, the core it shares with Marxists(Fascists) and Nihilists(Anarchists).

He was a missionary of redemption to their fallen nature which they instinctively recoil against.

Comment by gary gulrud (d88477) — 3/1/2012 @ 4:24 pm

169. Rock and Kman,

If the quotes are correct, I think Andrew Breitbart made a mistake to speak the way he did about Ted Kennedy at his death. Maybe he came to regret his comments and maybe he didn’t, but nothing justifies the things people have said about Andrew Breitbart today … and pointing that out doesn’t make anyone here a hypocrite.

Comment by DRJ (a83b8b) — 3/1/2012 @ 4:24 pm

170. The comments at GLAAD are surreal. And vile.

Comment by JD — 3/1/2012 @ 2:13 pm

Scratch a queer and you get AIDS.

Comment by nk (dec503) — 3/1/2012 @ 4:40 pm

171. Andrew Breitbart Dead

I just have a real foreboding that 2012 is not going to be a great year for conservatives. I hope someone can step in and at least try to fill Breitbart’s shoes. It will be a tall order. Ave atque vale and rest in peace.

Comment by JVW (4d72aa) — 3/1/2012 @ 4:41 pm

172. In a few days, no one will care what the crowing and classless masses said about Andrew Breitbart’s death. What will matter is that he inspired the rest of us to to emulate his courage and honesty and conviction.

Comment by lasue (983fc3) — 3/1/2012 @ 4:46 pm

173. Well shock of shock’s Kman’s reaction is essentially today’s other liberal talking point: justify saying vile things about Breitbart by pointing at his remarks about kennedy.

I’ll leave jim treacher to answer that:

Comment by Aaron Worthing (73a7ea) — 3/1/2012 @ 4:53 pm

174. ah well, cut and paste those links. or click on my name for a big picture view of the hate.

Comment by Aaron Worthing (73a7ea) — 3/1/2012 @ 4:54 pm

175. Hearing some folks interviewed today, it sounds like Breitbart was very good at encouraging people to get better and do their best. He was a CEO who mentored those under him. Perhaps indeed the journalistic work will not miss a beat.

Comment by MD in Philly (3d3f72) — 3/1/2012 @ 4:58 pm

176. Ted Kennedy was a vile human being. The “waitress sandwich” story is enough to give the tone of the man’s life. I once saw a photo of him humping a young woman in a speedboat on the French Riviera. God, what a slug he was !

Whatever Andrew said was appropriate

Comment by Mike K (326cba) — 3/1/2012 @ 5:18 pm

177. the whole Kennedy family is trash

don’t let your kids play with your kids or next thing you know it’s all drugs and rape all the way down

Comment by happyfeet (3c92a1) — 3/1/2012 @ 5:20 pm

178. I’m sorry I meant don’t let your kids play with their kids

Comment by happyfeet (3c92a1) — 3/1/2012 @ 5:21 pm

179. it’s just best practice

Comment by happyfeet (3c92a1) — 3/1/2012 @ 5:21 pm

180. Does anyone know if there is a fund to help the Breitbart family? I’d like to contribute.

Comment by DRJ (a83b8b) — 3/1/2012 @ 5:42 pm

181. Another drug addict dies, and all the right wingers suddenly give a crap because he was one of their own.

Luckily he wasn’t driving at the time of his overdose, ammiright?

(oh, and it will be drugs/drug related as the cause of death. I know this for a fact and after you delete my comment you will find this out as well…and rationalize it)

Comment by burnplant (bffd63) — 3/1/2012 @ 5:49 pm

182. Nobody’s gonna delete your faggoty comment, faggot. You’re not that important.

Comment by nk (dec503) — 3/1/2012 @ 5:52 pm

183. Many people here know how much I HATE twitter so this comment will not come as a surprise.

Andrew B., like a lot of people these days tweeted voraciously and almost maniacally. People who tweet continually are usually quite emotionally keyed up and are responding to tweets or are re tweeting at a very fast pace, fingers flying and eyes and brain waves flashing. Adrenaline is flowing and the heart is pounding. Those facts are obvious even to people (like me) who may be merely following tweet sequences and conversations from afar. Doing that sort of stress to one’s own body is not healthy. It’s too late now for Andrew, may he rest in peace. But for the love of god will the rest of you who seem to live on twitter maybe stop for a minute and think about what you may be doing to your own minds and physical bodies?

Comment by elissa (2fe7b2) — 3/1/2012 @ 5:53 pm

184. Does anyone know if there is a fund to help the Breitbart family? I’d like to contribute.

Comment by DRJ

I was wondering the same thing this afternoon. Count me in too.

Comment by Colonel Haiku (7a95c9) — 3/1/2012 @ 5:56 pm

185. Happy

> I’m sorry I meant don’t let your kids play with their kids

Yeah, i was like, “you? as in me? what did i do to him?”

:-)

Comment by Aaron Worthing (73a7ea) — 3/1/2012 @ 5:57 pm

186. burnplant- perhaps you didn’t read closely enough to realize you are posting on the site of a personal friend of AB’s, with other personal friends posting here. So there’s no need to try to hurt anybody here with your hate, they are already hating.

I don’t know how he died, but AB wasn’t a big war on drugs guy. So what do you care? He’ll rob you of your hypocrisy glee from his spot in heaven.

Comment by MayBee (081489) — 3/1/2012 @ 5:57 pm

187. I meant to say they are already hurting.

Comment by MayBee (081489) — 3/1/2012 @ 5:58 pm

188. He was a gamer!

Comment by Colonel Haiku (7a95c9) — 3/1/2012 @ 6:03 pm

189. Also, Breitbert was a big “war on drugs guy”, but supporting the party that loves the war on drugs as long as that means war on poor people.

Breitbert was a hypocrit who died like a junkie.

Comment by burnplant (bffd63) — 3/1/2012 @ 6:05 pm

190. that’s … shocking. i mean, quite literally, i would never have expected to hear such news tonight.

my condolences to his family, and to his friends.

Comment by aphrael (963465) — 3/1/2012 @ 6:05 pm

191. Maybee,
    He knows. That’s why he said it. The only decent thing indecent pricks like burn plant can do is shut the hell up.

But they won’t, and their apologists like Kman will continue to justify it.

Comment by Ghost (6f9de7) — 3/1/2012 @ 6:09 pm

192. Ron Paul would like to remind everyone that the war on drugs is a bi-partisan affair.

Enough now.

Comment by MayBee (081489) — 3/1/2012 @ 6:10 pm

193. Go smoke a bowl and eat your Doritos, burntout.

Comment by Colonel Haiku (7a95c9) — 3/1/2012 @ 6:10 pm

194. Burnplant,
    You have no clue what you’re talking about. Do us a favor: take some hotdogs and go die in a fire; at least that way we could feed some homeless people and give some meaning to your pathetic existence.

Comment by Ghost (6f9de7) — 3/1/2012 @ 6:12 pm

195. I think burnplant may be a returning “friend.” Don’t respond until a moderator has time to check her out.

Comment by DRJ (a83b8b) — 3/1/2012 @ 6:14 pm

196. smoked two joints before
    he smoked two joints and then he
    smoked ’bout thirteen more

Comment by Colonel Haiku (7a95c9) — 3/1/2012 @ 6:15 pm

197. Frankly, if people like burnplant, etc., weren’t making hateful comments, I would question the effectiveness of Breitbart’s work.

Thank you for confirmation, burnplant. I always suspected he would leave one hell of a legacy, having given Conservatives the kick in the pants and vigor to soldier on that was so desperately needed.

Comment by Dana (4eca6e) — 3/1/2012 @ 6:16 pm

198. “burnplant” is a f@cking SOB cowardly ghoulish asshat.

The folks at GLAAD didn’t even seem to know AB was on their side

Comment by JD (318f81) — 3/1/2012 @ 6:18 pm

199. resent their betters
    scavengers serve a function
    but no balls, guts, drive

Comment by Colonel Haiku (7a95c9) — 3/1/2012 @ 6:20 pm

200. In a weird way I think it’s great to hear “burnplant” weigh in on Brietbart. It’s exactly the kind of opprobrium from unhinged undeservedly-smug leftists that he so carefully cultivated and wore like a badge of honor (as someone else said).

Comment by JVW (4d72aa) — 3/1/2012 @ 6:21 pm

201. I hope it is possible for Andrew’s close friends to find a way to help his children understand what a brave and good man their dad was. The kids will need the security of this insight not just now, but in the future as they grow older. Unfortunately, the Breitbart kids will have to sift through a lot of crap and lies in order to get to the real truth about their father’s courage and moral righteousness. For that they’ll need help and attention from the people who best knew Andrew on a professional basis. At the end of the day his kids deserve to feel proud of his legacy and to be left secure in the knowledge that Andrew Breitbart and his important work were respected and appreciated by many, many people.

Comment by elissa (2fe7b2) — 3/1/2012 @ 6:21 pm

202. The folks at Hillbuzz seem to and they handled this with class today.

Comment by Machinist (b6f7da) — 3/1/2012 @ 6:23 pm

203. Sorry, responding to JD at #197.

Comment by Machinist (b6f7da) — 3/1/2012 @ 6:24 pm

204. Funny how clowns like “burnplant” who fancy themselves open-minded and tolerant are anything but.

Comment by JD (318f81) — 3/1/2012 @ 6:26 pm

205. Machinist – they are a classier group of people.

Comment by JD (318f81) — 3/1/2012 @ 6:27 pm

206. JD- how in the world did the anti-defamation group GLAAD start going off on Breitbart?

Comment by MayBee (081489) — 3/1/2012 @ 6:27 pm

207. http://www.joemygod.blogspot.com/2012/03/report-andrew-breitbart-has-died.html

I think this affiliated with GLAAD, no?

Comment by JD (318f81) — 3/1/2012 @ 6:36 pm

208. Patrick – my same reaction, although I didn’t know until later in the day. Hard to get my head around the news. Thanks for the post.

Comment by Regret (40806b) — 3/1/2012 @ 7:02 pm

209. it says GLAAD gave that blog an award for being super not-defamey

oops

Comment by happyfeet (3c92a1) — 3/1/2012 @ 7:02 pm

210. Breitbart saying kind words on the passing of Christopher Hitchens.

Condolences to his family, friends, and fans.

Comment by kaf (9cc612) — 3/1/2012 @ 7:05 pm

211. @55, Gerald A. Good point. I’m sorry.

Comment by Anita Busch (a025dd) — 3/1/2012 @ 7:56 pm

212. I don’t think I really realized just what Breitbart means to the conservative movement until I learned of his death this morning.

I hope his family can take some small comfort in knowing what he meant to people. I have the feeling the impact of his life and work will continue for a long time to come. I know his legacy means something to me.

God comfort his family and bless his soul.

Comment by Ag80 (b0b671) — 3/1/2012 @ 8:29 pm

213. Just recently left a gathering of some folks in Chicago who worked closely with Andrew.

As I said today…

We will poison the wells and salt the earth as we roll over them.

There will be a reckoning for the evil they have posted.

Comment by Scott Jacobs (2b95c2) — 3/1/2012 @ 8:33 pm

214. Blargh.

That’s just what America needs – more partisan infighting amongst the proletariat.

Comment by Leviticus (870be5) — 3/1/2012 @ 8:42 pm

215. There has been plenty of sympathy on the Left for Breitbart and his family; plenty of respect shown for the man and his convictions. To pretend that a unified mass of liberals are dancing across his grave is disingenuous. As I said earlier, some terrible things will be said; but by and large, the reaction from the Left hasn’t been nearly as tasteless as I thought it might have been.

Comment by Leviticus (870be5) — 3/1/2012 @ 8:47 pm

216. What is plenty, the fact that were a few notable exceptions really doesn’t cut it, now Yglesias pig headedness probably did have an unintentionally chilling effect,

Comment by narciso (87e966) — 3/1/2012 @ 9:01 pm

217. Leviticus,
    I don’t believe anyone said it was everyone on the left, but we certainly didn’t specify that we were not blaming them all, either. We speak in generalities, and it’s not acceptable.

But come on, no one is being disingenuous here. We’re talking about those leftists in the populace who wouldn’t know a racist sexist homophobe if it bit them on the taint.

Comment by Ghost (6f9de7) — 3/1/2012 @ 9:12 pm

218. Comment by Kman — 3/1/2012 @ 3:22 pm
    Well, of course, who is and isn’t “decent” is subjective.
    – Guess which one YOU are.

– Perhaps your two examples were poorly chosen. Plenty of people have passed away that never killed a girl or molested a boy.

– I might have missed it (and I am being honest in this) but exactly WHO within the confines of this thread or this blog has expressed ‘shock’ at the reaction from the left?

I suspect he would be reveling in the insults he’s getting.
    – For himself, yes. For his family, not so much.

Comment by Icy (7fba82) — 3/1/2012 @ 9:14 pm

219. Leviticus:

War is fought by the firebrands, not the ashes.

The reality of a good world depends on assuming that people of differing views may have honest intent. Demonizing such views leads to destructive behaviors, regardless of belief.

But I shouldn’t have to tell you that.

Or, your posting name is incorrect.

Comment by Ag80 (b0b671) — 3/1/2012 @ 9:16 pm

220. Paraphrasing Patterico’s own posting from some years back:

Walter Cronkite Andrew Breitbart died. His death means little to me, but I know he was an important figure to some.”

Romans 12:19. Rest peacefully, A.B. Too early. Too soon. Condolences to his young family.

Comment by DCSCA (9d1bb3) — 3/1/2012 @ 9:22 pm

221. Walter Cronkite died?

Comment by happyfeet (3c92a1) — 3/1/2012 @ 9:31 pm

222. To pretend that a unified mass of liberals are dancing across his grave is disingenuous.

– Who has done this, Leviticus?

Comment by Icy (7fba82) — 3/1/2012 @ 9:33 pm

223. Dammit! Nobody tells happyfeet ANYTHING!!!

Comment by Icy (7fba82) — 3/1/2012 @ 9:36 pm

224. it’s a thing

Comment by happyfeet (3c92a1) — 3/1/2012 @ 9:37 pm

225. Okay, Disco Stu, so you cited Romans 12:19 (“Vengeance is mine, sayeth the Lord”) because WHY?

Comment by Icy (7fba82) — 3/1/2012 @ 9:42 pm

226. “The left gets a few days to be TwatWaffles. And then, after we mourn our friend, we go after them harder than Andrew ever did. They will miss his calm and gentle words. They will lament the passing of his moderating influence on us.

We will poison the wells and salt the earth as we roll over them.

There will be a reckoning for the evil they have posted.”

- Scott Jacobs

Comment by Leviticus (870be5) — 3/1/2012 @ 9:43 pm

227. And I like Scott, and I respect Scott.

But if America is at war with itself, then we’re f*cked.

Comment by Leviticus (870be5) — 3/1/2012 @ 9:46 pm

228. “As I said earlier, some terrible things will be said; but by and large, the reaction from the Left hasn’t been nearly as tasteless as I thought it might have been.”

Leviticus – I have learned from experience to keep expectations, if any, of the left in general, low as a way to hope to be surprised positively. No such luck in general again today.

It seems lack of class and maturity are important qualifications for jobs in both the Obama Administration and as liberal bloggers.

Comment by daleyrocks (bf33e9) — 3/1/2012 @ 10:18 pm

229. America is a teensy ittle bit at war with itself when half of America borrows a trillion plus dollars a year they rather smugly expect the other half to pay back.

It’s a thing.

Comment by happyfeet (3c92a1) — 3/1/2012 @ 10:28 pm

230. Leviticus,
    We’ve been f**ked for a while. The media, the people Breitbart intended on destroying, succeeded in dividing us years ago. Why do you think they keep playing the race card? It’s not to shut us up, it’s to divide us. Maybe it’s not their intent, but look at obama’s approval rating among blacks and tell me it’s not working.

Comment by Ghost (6f9de7) — 3/1/2012 @ 10:31 pm

231. Was away on business, and deliberately kept myself out-of-touch, but in driving back, one of the crew checked the days’ news on his iPhone, and blurted out “Andrew Breibart is dead!”
    Complete disbelief.
    I asked him to check PP, and he read me the post.
    Shock!

Now, six hours after first hearing the news, I still cannot believe it.

God’s Speed, Andrew!
    You were a better man than most, certainly better than me.

Comment by AD-RtR/OS! (f3e614) — 3/1/2012 @ 10:45 pm

232. in honour of our good Mr. Breitbart, National Soros Radio coins quite the phrase

Comment by happyfeet (3c92a1) — 3/1/2012 @ 10:48 pm

233. did we hear this yet?

“The news of Mr. Breitbart’s death came as a surprise to me when I was informed of it this morning. My prayers go out to Mr. Breitbart’s family as they cope during this very difficult time.”

That’s Miss Shirley’s comment today.

Good on her, no?

Comment by happyfeet (3c92a1) — 3/1/2012 @ 10:51 pm

234. omg please to enjoy the dishy dishy dishy dish

no one tells me effing ANYTHING

Excepting of course the incomparable Dank Ollins

Comment by happyfeet (3c92a1) — 3/1/2012 @ 11:53 pm

235. I have a post about some personal memories of Andrew here.

Comment by Patterico (feda6b) — 3/1/2012 @ 11:59 pm

236. re:233… very interesting, happyfeets.

Comment by Colonel Haiku (0d9d91) — 3/2/2012 @ 4:07 am

237. Yet she is still pursuing the lawsuit, going after
    his estate, waging war on his kids, not so much.

Comment by narciso (87e966) — 3/2/2012 @ 6:08 am

238. What a shame. He actually did good work for our side, by showing lefties up as what they are: the scum of the earth.

Keeping people like Shirley Sherrod (professional leech and lifelong racist) off the taxpayer tit, and cutting off ACORN at the knees were valuable services that Andrew played a part in providing.

At least the guy did something worthwhile in the all too brief time he was in this world.

My condolences to his family.

Comment by Dave Surls (46b08c) — 3/2/2012 @ 10:13 am