Patterico's Pontifications

12/19/2010

Lee Stranahan Working with Andrew Breitbart on Pigford Story; UPDATE: Pigford Lawyer Says Clients Got Away With Murder

Filed under: General — Patterico @ 10:19 pm



I am pleased to note that lefty Lee Stranahan is working with Andrew Breitbart on a documentary about Pigford (Facebook link). I am even more pleased to note that I introduced the two of them.

The announcement is at Big Government — where, I am told, there is a very interesting YouTube video on Pigford that you should see. (I have seen it, but I will wait for Big Government to link it before I do.)

UPDATE: Here you go:

The relevant post is at Big Government.

P.S. The media can ignore this all they like. I predict that it’s not going away.

36 Responses to “Lee Stranahan Working with Andrew Breitbart on Pigford Story; UPDATE: Pigford Lawyer Says Clients Got Away With Murder”

  1. Interesting introduction at the BigGovernment link. I hope Mr. Stranahan has fortitude.

    DRJ (d43dcd)

  2. I think he does, DRJ, or I would not have put him in touch with Andrew.

    I don’t know Lee well and have never met him — but I have always had a positive impression of him in our numerous online conversations.

    Patterico (c218bd)

  3. Looking forward to more Pigford coverage.

    daleyrocks (c07dfa)

  4. Right wingers who pat themselves on the back for having the “courage” to agree with Mark Levin at all times should take heed.

    What Lee is doing here takes *actual* courage. Not the fake kind where you risk getting kudos from your commentariat. The real kind where you risk alienating everyone who shares your political views — because it’s the right thing to do.

    My hat’s off to Lee.

    Patterico (c218bd)

  5. My favorite think about being a coward is is that I never have to demonstrate it. People are perfectly willing to accept it without proof.

    Dave Surls (3d7aa8)

  6. Patterico @4 – Plus the video showed it is possible to complete a 3:00 plus minute segment without calling somebody a feces head or some other nonsense, so there’s that.

    daleyrocks (c07dfa)

  7. Probably the first sign that this was a fraud was the fact that the word “pig” is in it. 😉

    Aaron Worthing (e7d72e)

  8. your first link isn’t doing right

    happyfeet (fd4f3b)

  9. It’s a Facebook link. May not work for you if you aren’t signed up.

    Patterico (c218bd)

  10. oh. ok.

    happyfeet (fd4f3b)

  11. whaaaaa? happy, you aren’t on facebook? Don’t you know that its founder is like the man of the year?

    Actually you almost have to be on facebook, at least enough for access, to get alot of raw news like this. for instance, how else will you read palin’s page, which is getting to be a big deal, like it or not?

    Aaron Worthing (e7d72e)

  12. Racists. They will just use selective editing to make people look bad, and Faux News will pimp it for them.

    JD (306f5d)

  13. Assume everything that comes out of their mouths is a lie, and more likely a scam, and it all fits

    narciso (6075d0)

  14. facebook content currently unavailable. Whether it was a glitch, or taken down by facebook….its not there.

    carmachu (406576)

  15. Gee, something the government is involved in and all it is is some of a scam and really nothing more than legalized theft.

    How unusual.

    Dave Surls (3d7aa8)

  16. I am even more pleased to note that I introduced the two of them.

    Good call, Patterico. I used to follow Stranahan on Twitter. He’s a very interesting guy, interested in the principles that liberals stand for, not shenanigans.

    MayBee (081489)

  17. Yep — thanks a lot to Patterico for making the intro. It’s been an interesting journey so far and we’re justy getting started.

    Lee Stranahan (de9cc5)

  18. I always believe videos from Big Government. They have never disseminated edited and dishonest material before.

    Can someone help me understand the conservative rage over Pigford? The USDA ADMITTED to racially discriminating against black and Native American farmers and to refusing to investigate complaints and thousands of minority farmers suffered. Yet, some douche from a website which has released dishonest footage in the past (and, yes, i am aware that rankles the host, but I am not accusing him of dishonesty) maintains that we should the baby out with the bathwater?

    It’s classic politics by resentment and I don’t understand how readers here are so easily convinced that making up for injustice is unjust….

    timb (449046)

  19. Andrew Breitbart states that many who signed up did so without reading what they were signing. That shouldn’t come as a surprise because so many legislators vote without reading what they are voting for.

    Jim (844377)

  20. maintains that we should the baby out with the bathwater?

    I don’t believe that’s what is being maintained at all.
    It is more like: We had a problem with a baby in some bathwater. The US Government stepped in to help that baby, and instead decided to give money to anyone who made the claim they, too, had trouble with the bathwater.

    MayBee (081489)

  21. MayBee, timb knows what the problem with the Pigford settlement fund is, he pretends ignorance to troll.

    SPQR (26be8b)

  22. “Can someone help me understand the conservative rage over Pigford?”

    Tired of having my money stolen and given to other people just because some stinking liberal, who is usually some filthy rich skank who has more loopholes than a swiss chees to avoid paying taxes themselves, thinks they deserve my money more than I do.

    Have no sympathy for the thieves who think they didn’t get their fair share of the spoils, which is 100% of the people involved in the lawsuit.

    Dave Surls (3d7aa8)

  23. That was one of the most brazenly mendoucheous and aggressively ignorant comments that this particular hate filed angry troll has left.

    JD (b98cae)

  24. Google “Pigford Scam” and click on “The Pigford scam on the American People” for an eye-opening and detailed examination of the whole Pigford thing. In a word, it’s disgusting and Obama is up to his eyeballs in it.

    jwarner (a6daed)

  25. timb, some of the people being paid enormous sums have lied and thus stole from America.

    Dustin (b54cdc)

  26. timb doesn’t want to hear the truth. When Mr. Stranahan posted his findings about Pigford at Huffington Post, it got 4, count ’em 4 comments. How many comments were there on the Sarah Palin Haiti *hairdresser* scandal? 3,119.

    sybilll (1dd30e)

  27. Am I reading too much into it or is Timb dishonest in the same comment about somebody else’s dishonesty?

    Birdbath (8501d4)

  28. That sums it up quite nicely.

    JD (07faa1)

  29. Lee Stranahan is a patriotic man.

    Patterico’s right that some people talk about their courage, and other people actually show some.

    Dustin (b54cdc)

  30. timb doesn’t want to hear the truth. When Mr. Stranahan posted his findings about Pigford at Huffington Post, it got 4, count ‘em 4 comments. How many comments were there on the Sarah Palin Haiti *hairdresser* scandal? 3,119.

    So an outrageous scam on taxpayers is a bore, but a Republican woman having her hair fussed with is a reason for all hell to break loose? Clearly my priorities are out of whack.

    Pigford is indeed an inconvenient truth. Timb and others like him have an unusual fear of truth. In this case, the level of dishonesty and malfeasance is stunning. Whether a Republican or Democrat signing off on this, I would be equally outraged. Wouldn’t you be, Timb?

    Dana (8ba2fb)

  31. The number of people being paid in the settlement is how many times larger than the number of black farmers in existence in the relevant time period?

    JD (07faa1)

  32. I think Lee Stranahan has found a good story to tell. That alone deserves encouragement.

    Birdbath (8501d4)

  33. #23, Dave Surls, the problem is that it’s not 100% of those involved. On the contrary, the first thing Breidbart found on investigating this is that the discrimination was real, and there really are thousands of victims who are entitled to be made whole; many of them deserve much more than $50K. But the criteria for qualifying for this settlement are so loose, and verification so non-existent, that it appears that a large majority of those who applied and qualified never suffered (some significantly, others at all), and don’t deserve anything. The black lawyer on tape claims that to his certain knowledge 10% of his clients were frauds; what are the odds that a good many of the other 90% were frauds too, but he never found out. Considering that it’s not his job to find them out.

    Milhouse (ea66e3)

  34. #19. I always believe videos from Big Government. They have never disseminated edited and dishonest material before.

    Wow, Timb manages two whole sentences that are completely true and unobjectionable! I do indeed always believe Breidbart’s videos and reports, because he’s never yet steered me wrong. If he ever does, I’ll develop some skepticism about his next report. But so far his record is 100%, which is more than one can say for a lot of reporters.

    Milhouse (ea66e3)

  35. #19,
    The outrage is in the numbers. There are about five times the number of claims as are the numbers of black farmers. And a lot of the money is going to community organizers and lawyers, not the legitimate black farmers.

    Redistribute the wealth baby.

    Arizona Bob (e8af2b)


Powered by WordPress.

Page loaded in: 0.3183 secs.