10/27/2010

“My Opponent Knows Where Washington is on a Map; I Don’t and I Never Will”

Filed under: General — Aaron Worthing @ 2:48 pm

[Guest post by Aaron Worthing; send your tips here.]

The Onion goofs on the Johnson/Feingold matchup.  It’s really too silly to be really scathing as an attack, but it is funny.

And no, Johnson didn’t actually write it.

I would be a very happy man if Feingold, of the infamous McCain-Feingold free-expression-strangling legislation lost his job.

[Posted and authored by Aaron Worthing.]

1. Feingold has a flaky streak that makes him more interesting than most Democratic senators. Some overemphasize that, or mistake it for “moderation.”

He’s not a moderate, though. He’s a whole lot more loyal to, and compliant with, his party leadership than is, say, Scott Brown or Olimpia Snow are to theirs.

Comment by Beldar (fa3a16) — 10/27/2010 @ 3:46 pm

2. Garbled that, meant to say:

Feingold is a whole lot more loyal to, and compliant with, his party leadership (i.e., Obama/Reid/Pelosi) than, say, Scott Brown or Olimpia Snow are to theirs.

Comment by Beldar (fa3a16) — 10/27/2010 @ 3:49 pm

3. 有道理。

Comment by 曲臂高空作业平台 (071681) — 10/27/2010 @ 4:05 pm

4. I’m from the Midwest and I swear Feingold has been in office forever.

Since I’ve been to the opera recently, I will thus call this Feingold defeat “Fas Feingold, or twilight of a god.” :)

Comment by Patricia (9b018a) — 10/27/2010 @ 4:59 pm

5. Oops. Das Feingold.

Live Preview not working!

Comment by Patricia (9b018a) — 10/27/2010 @ 5:00 pm

6. I would be very glad to see him retired by the voters, too, but notwithstanding current polls, I will not be surprised if he survives.

Comment by fatman (8821a8) — 10/27/2010 @ 5:38 pm

7. OT, sorry. I’m in California and easily found enough information to decide on the 9 ballot propositions, but where do I go for info on the 3 Supreme Court justices and the 5 appellate justices that get a yea or nay vote? Google is not helping me very much.

Comment by Old Coot (ac0ff6) — 10/27/2010 @ 7:11 pm

8. Old Coot, it’s hard to find anything specific. Judgevoterguide.com has a limited analysis.

Comment by Dustin (b54cdc) — 10/27/2010 @ 7:29 pm

9. On the nine ballot propositions, for me it’s 19 Y, 25 Y, everything else N.

Comment by aphrael (5e1058) — 10/27/2010 @ 7:35 pm