3/26/2010

Patterico on the Stage Right Show

Filed under: General — Patterico @ 8:51 pm

I am about to go on at around 9:10 p.m. Pacific time. You can listen here.

I plan to bag on Brad Friedman, who was invited to be on the show with me but who chickened out, claimed that the show is too partisan and thus not “legit.” (Yes, I appeared on the Mike Malloy show with Brad Friedman. That’s his idea of a legit, fair, and balanced show.)

Feel free to call in. The more the merrier.

1. Advertised as:

Patterico, Blogging Superstar

Are you blushing?

Comment by daleyrocks (718861) — 3/26/2010 @ 8:55 pm

2. I don’t know that there’s any reason to blush: makes pretty good radio!

Comment by EW1(SG) (edc268) — 3/26/2010 @ 9:29 pm

3. Yeah, that’s far too kind.

daley, you really should call in. We have never spoken, and you have done a great job taking on the folks at BradBlog.

Comment by Patterico (c218bd) — 3/26/2010 @ 9:31 pm

4. “Blogging Superstar”?

Jesus, you’re going to be impossible to live with for at least a month…

Comment by Scott Jacobs (d027b8) — 3/26/2010 @ 9:31 pm

5. The bathtub discussion is a little ghey, not that that’s wrong or anything.

Comment by daleyrocks (718861) — 3/26/2010 @ 9:36 pm

6. Mr. Blogging Superstar Patterico – Thanks, those people at Bradblog just make my skin crawl with their dishonesty.

May I just call you Superstar for short, or is that too familiar?

Comment by daleyrocks (718861) — 3/26/2010 @ 9:40 pm

7. And you have a very sexy voice, too, Patterico. I can see that must play well with juries. :)

Comment by elissa (04724f) — 3/26/2010 @ 9:44 pm

8. Down girl. The man is very married…

The poor, poor woman.
    ;)

Comment by Scott Jacobs (d027b8) — 3/26/2010 @ 9:48 pm

9. Ouch–Friedman’s going to have to have a serious hissy fit tomorrow in reaction to this beatdown. Not that it will help his credibility any, of course.

Comment by M. Scott Eiland (c552ec) — 3/26/2010 @ 10:02 pm

10. The bathtub discussion is a little ghey, not that that’s wrong or anything.

The bathtub discussion is from last night, regarding Breitbart’s TIME spread.

Comment by Patterico (c218bd) — 3/26/2010 @ 10:05 pm

11. Up to this point, I had avoided actually listening to O’Keefe’s audio, having been content to skim the transcripts.

I glad I had, simply because it’s so disgusting. Even though I am disgusted all over again.

Blech.

Comment by EW1(SG) (edc268) — 3/26/2010 @ 10:09 pm

12. Could you try to work in the phrase mendoucheous twatwaffle next time?

Comment by JD (656d48) — 3/26/2010 @ 10:13 pm

13. JD, You have time to call in!

Comment by EW1(SG) (edc268) — 3/26/2010 @ 10:19 pm

14. Call in!

Comment by Patterico (c218bd) — 3/26/2010 @ 10:21 pm

15. Congrats Patterico, on scaring off the enemy. Mr. Friedman revealed himself to be a little man.

It’s so ironic that Friedman chickened out, citing the show as being too partisan and not legit, yet he will be the keynote speaker tomorrow night at the Media Reform Summit. Wouldn’t appearing on the show tonight have been a fabulous opportunity to help reform media vis a vis O’Keefe/Patterico/NYT??? He would have had the opportunity to set Patterico straight, show how integrity in media can benefit us and make the world a better place.

And certainly, with Friedman’s participation the show would have been legitimized. Such a teachable moment he could have taken advantage of….and yet he chose not to.

A very little man.

Comment by Dana (1e5ad4) — 3/26/2010 @ 10:26 pm

16. Dang…lost the audio and it won’t come back. Well past my bedtime anyway.

Terrific job, Patterico!!

Comment by EW1(SG) (edc268) — 3/26/2010 @ 10:30 pm

17. daley is on the air now w/Patterico. Cool.

Comment by Dana (1e5ad4) — 3/26/2010 @ 10:46 pm

18. I was listening to Thursday night’s show, D’OH!!!!

Comment by daleyrocks (718861) — 3/26/2010 @ 10:57 pm

19. How is that possible, daley – I just heard you on this show!

Comment by Dana (1e5ad4) — 3/26/2010 @ 10:58 pm

20. Thanks for calling in, daley. That was really cool.

That was a lot of fun. I really got to get a lot of things off my chest. It felt good.

Comment by Patterico (c218bd) — 3/26/2010 @ 10:59 pm

21. daley was originally listening to last night’s show, which I could tell because he was talking about the photo of Breitbart in the tub.

Comment by Patterico (c218bd) — 3/26/2010 @ 11:07 pm

22. I caught the last 30 minutes ‘cuz I was a dummy. I’ll have to listen to the replay. I figured Larry was just putting you on late like he did the last time so I didn’t think anything was wrong.

If it was good for you, Superstar, that’s what counts. Since I missed so much of the show, I didn’t want to jump on ground that had already been covered, but dumping on Brad was a safe bet I thought.

Comment by daleyrocks (718861) — 3/26/2010 @ 11:07 pm

23. There was only one clickable spot in the center (not left) of the web page when I pulled it up about 25 minutes before the call – clicking it, which I did a few minutes before showtime, brought up last night’s show. The bar for tonight’s show must not have been there yet.

Comment by daleyrocks (718861) — 3/26/2010 @ 11:13 pm

24. Someone should check to see if all those awards Brad lists on his site are legit instead of like self-publishing type awards.

Comment by daleyrocks (718861) — 3/26/2010 @ 11:14 pm

25. Yeah, I was on from 9:10 until 11. The best part was when Larry O’Connor played the role of Friedman and called me “Patty” and berated me.

Comment by Patterico (c218bd) — 3/26/2010 @ 11:15 pm

26. I heard the “pretend Friedman” part and that was good, especially listening to Patterico laugh everytime he called him Patty. But my connection died before the call-in portion started. I hope I can listen to it tomorrow on replay. I want to hear daleyrocks’ question.

Comment by DRJ (daa62a) — 3/26/2010 @ 11:26 pm

27. Gotta hear that bit. Patty, heh! Hopefully with some lectures on the standards of evidence.

Comment by daleyrocks (718861) — 3/26/2010 @ 11:31 pm