11/16/2009

ACORN in L.A. Gets a Clean Bill of Health . . . Or Does It?

Filed under: Dog Trainer,General — Patterico @ 6:28 pm

Big Government dropped another ACORN video today. This one is from ACORN in L.A., and the ACORN employee actually seems non-supportive of the prostitution business. O’Keefe dubs him “ACORN EMPLOYEE OF THE YEAR”:

Well, there you have it.

It’s a clean bill of health for L.A.!

[Patterico screws up face into his best Columbo impression -- which, if I say so myself, is pretty good.] But wait. There’s just one more thing.

Cruising Andrew Breitbart’s Twitter feed, the attentive reader notices this:

Its been almost 4weeks since dropping last ACORN video. Introducing ACORN L.A., a MULTI-part episode w a twist!

MULTI-part, you say? A “twist,” you say?

Hmmmmmm.

Oh yes, and I should also mention this. O’Keefe says in the video above: “Felix Harris was the only ACORN employee in our nationwide investigation who would not assist us [in] obtain[ing] a house for our illegal activities.”

The only one? But didn’t James Rainey of the L.A. Times tell us that an ACORN employee in Los Angeles named Lavelle Stewart talked to Giles and O’Keefe?

Why, yes! Yes, he did. And Rainey implied that ACORN employee Stewart refused to help Giles and O’Keefe. Which certainly seems inconsistent with O’Keefe’s unambiguous declaration today.

Just trying to connect the dots . . .

Well, I guess we’ll have to wait for the next shoe to drop. I have this feeling it’s going to drop right on James Rainey’s head.

1. Would Mr. Rainey notice?

Comment by Richard Aubrey (28f07a) — 11/16/2009 @ 6:31 pm

2. How’s your Bill Engvall impression?

Comment by See-Dubya (7858a2) — 11/16/2009 @ 6:39 pm

3. [...] girls being involved. Thank heaven for small favors. Exit question: Is this the final chapter? Patterico thinks Breitbart’s being coy, that he’s planning to drop a bomb on the LA Times [...]

Pingback by Hot Air » Blog Archive » Hell freezes over: ACORN employee refuses to aid and abet underaged prostitution (e2f069) — 11/16/2009 @ 7:09 pm

4. Hey, props to Felix Harris!!!!

Comment by Ira (28a423) — 11/16/2009 @ 7:40 pm

5. “[Patterico screws up face into his best Columbo impression -- which, if I say so myself, is pretty good.]”

Maybe the next time you do a live interactive you can do an audio/video feed- Columbo was great. I wish Peter Falk had as many videos of Columbo stashed away for future viewing as O’Keefe, Giles, and Breitbart apparently do.

Comment by MD in Philly (227f9c) — 11/16/2009 @ 7:42 pm

6. Congrats, Felix.

Comment by JD (cecc16) — 11/16/2009 @ 7:55 pm

7. Tap, tap, tap.

Is this thing on?

Anyway, Big Government linked this post, which I am going to interpret as evidence that I am right.

Comment by Patterico (64318f) — 11/16/2009 @ 8:04 pm

8. I don’t know how Big Government managed to play this so well, or how Patterico managed to call this so accurately over the months (perhaps he got hints, but probably not). I guess I’m just too naive to believe that even Acorn would turn out as bad as it has.

Felix: you’re just a crook, not a monster. Congratulations.

Comment by Dustin (bb61e3) — 11/16/2009 @ 8:07 pm

9. [...] Is this the final chapter? Patterico thinks Breitbart’s being coy, that he’s planning to drop a bomb on the LA Times columnist who [...]

Pingback by ACORN LA Employee of the Year Part III « Mcnorman’s Weblog (93ace9) — 11/16/2009 @ 8:28 pm

10. Felix didn’t seem to balk at the idea of prostitution, but underage girls, that’s just NOT A LEGITIMATE BUSINESS. ACORN and banks will not have anything to do with illegitimate businesses.

Good thing to know where Felix draws the line.

Comment by daleyrocks (718861) — 11/16/2009 @ 8:32 pm

11. They did say Felix referred them to someone else…the plot thickens!

Delicious.

The LAT however is impervious to the truth; they will not take notice.

Comment by Patricia (b05e7f) — 11/16/2009 @ 9:04 pm

12. I am so embarassed that I was born in California. I don’t live there anymore, thanks to God.

Comment by Leeta (5eb7cf) — 11/17/2009 @ 12:23 am

13. He did say “videos” (plural) were coming out this week. Combined w/ the other evidence I’d say I need to keep Big Government bookmarked this week.

Heh heh heh. Can’t wait.

Comment by no one you know (196ed7) — 11/17/2009 @ 6:20 am

14. Breitbart Rope-A-Dope.

Comment by PCD (1d8b6d) — 11/17/2009 @ 6:39 am

15. Breitbart will let a day pass, I think, and let them gloat and claim victory.

By the end of the week, I suspect, another shoe will have dropped. Maybe even Thursday.

Comment by Patterico (64318f) — 11/17/2009 @ 6:58 am

16. ACORN and SEIU are Communist organizations. See proof and the deep ties to Obama here: http://www.commieblaster.com/acorn/index.html

Comment by CommieBlaster (7df512) — 11/17/2009 @ 8:01 am

17. BIGOTS!

Comment by Garu (7d8f49) — 11/17/2009 @ 9:14 am

18. Haven’t they figured this out yet? They need to come clean ‘as part of the ongoing internal investigation’. If they announced who did what, and that they found out themselves, and this proves they are seriously cleaning up their act, it would make Breitbart’s story much less forceful. Acorn would gain the advantage.

There’s only one problem with this plan: no on in Acorn will tell the truth, even to eachother, about anything.

Comment by Dustin (bb61e3) — 11/17/2009 @ 9:31 am

19. ACORN – Performing important community service by providing jobs for low-lifes who otherwise couldn’t find work, and keeping prostitutes and pimps housed.

Comment by Douglas J. Bender (cacbbc) — 11/17/2009 @ 9:58 am

20. Please… I need the next tape! This is better than any reality show on T.V. Gotta love it!

Comment by wheresmymoney (fff250) — 11/17/2009 @ 10:31 am

21. I’d like to offer my opinion but without a few pictures of Hanna Giles in her hooker outfit I just won’t be able to see for myself if the ruse could have fooled a wise acorn. About 10 or 12 ought to do it, front and back please.

PS: Don’t misunderstand. The pimp was so transparently bogus, I’m going to need pictures of Hanna to determine if she passes the eye-ball test. Purely in my capacity as a social scientist.

Comment by ropelight (466343) — 11/17/2009 @ 11:25 am

22. Well, he can’t say he wasn’t warned…

Comment by mojo (8096f2) — 11/17/2009 @ 11:56 am

23. Comment by ropelight — 11/17/2009 @ 11:25 am

Has Webster’s added a further definition of “social scientist: perv (n)”?

Comment by AD - RtR/OS! (138fbd) — 11/17/2009 @ 12:08 pm

24. Thing is, this is really small potatoes. OK, some knuckleheads advised a purported hooker and pimp how to set up a brothel? How about some really serious stuff, like ACORN possibly having to file bankruptcy and being way, way, way behind on paying their taxes?

ACORN’s former New Orleans office is up for sale, current asking price of $835,000, but it’s burdened by $1,278,862 in tax liens. ACORN’s total tax delinquency is $2,328,596.95, owed to:

the IRS, Arkansas, California, Delaware, District of Columbia, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, New Mexico, New York, New Jersey, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Washington, Wisconsin, and to the cities of New York and Philadelphia.

When you start asking questions about back taxes owed to the Infernal Revenue Service, you start having to ask: what taxes? Did ACORN fail to pay taxes withheld from workers paychecks?

Comment by The Dana who shamelessly plugs his own poor site (474dfc) — 11/17/2009 @ 4:01 pm

25. Patrick, I am convinced Andrew linked to you, because you were the only one that picked up on the subtlety of his Tweet. He is playing political theater, and you read the Playbill. Great perception. I love seeing the bloggers all on the same side of the field, without regard to who gets more page clicks.

Comment by sybilll (67dea5) — 11/17/2009 @ 6:46 pm

26. Patterico has been pretty close to spot-on throughout this. He either speaks to Andrew, or reads the tea leaves fluently.

Comment by JD (9769aa) — 11/17/2009 @ 6:49 pm

27. Dana,

Speaking of shameless plugging, I agree. I’d love to see the bankruptcy schedules in that case.

Comment by DRJ (dee47d) — 11/17/2009 @ 6:55 pm

28. [...] Is ACORN lying? I know which way I’d bet . . . [...]

Pingback by Patterico's Pontifications » ACORN: We Turned Giles and O’Keefe Away in L.A. (e4ab32) — 11/17/2009 @ 7:51 pm

29. [...] Is ACORN lying? I know which way I’d bet . . . [...]

30. Stop the juvenile nonsense and release the other L.A ACORN tape, preferably un-doctored and hacked like the Philly tape in which that was O’Keefe’s 3rd lie he was caught in. He originally said he never visited the Philly office.

And then there’s the Florida tapes…

Comment by Lipiwitz (369391) — 11/17/2009 @ 10:11 pm

31. Why do I get the feeling that Lipiwitz only has a passing acquaintance with the truth?

Comment by JD (9769aa) — 11/17/2009 @ 10:12 pm

32. Lipiwhizz is a serial fabricator. Get ready for a lot of noise. Confederate Yankee probably banned him.

Comment by daleyrocks (718861) — 11/17/2009 @ 10:14 pm