8/17/2009

The Hannity Clip

Filed under: General — Patterico @ 7:12 am

Here’s that Hannity clip mentioning this blog, that DRJ told us about the other night:

Cool. Although I have to say, the best part is the persistent stickiness of the graphic in the top left corner.

And courtesy of Stashiu, here is a screenshot of our SiteMeter from near the end of the day on August 13, the day the post went up about Roxana Mayer:

Over 100,000 Served
Over 100,000 Served

For some bloggers, over 100,000 page views is a good hour. But that’s more than double the record around here for one day. If the server hadn’t melted it might have been more.

It was a fun week. As always, thanks for reading. And if there are any new readers who came here because of the fake doctor story, I hope you stick around.

1. Big props to you, Patterico. It was a very good story.

–JRM

Comment by JRM (355c21) — 8/17/2009 @ 7:15 am

2. Patterico, ’twas an excellent story. If my blog should get 100,000 in a year it will be a wonderful year… congratulations on the big numbers, ’twas well deserved.

May you have many, many more meltdowns on your servers.

Comment by GM Roper (85dcd7) — 8/17/2009 @ 7:23 am

3. Congrats, racist. Rich Puchalsky told me you were racist, and I believe him.

Comment by DR. JD (1762b4) — 8/17/2009 @ 7:31 am

4. Been visiting your site for years, Patrick. You do great work. I’ll be coming more frequently. And rest assured your web address has been sent far and wide.

Comment by Mike (28710a) — 8/17/2009 @ 7:38 am

5. Good work. Now, if we can get that server fixed.

Comment by Mike K (addb13) — 8/17/2009 @ 7:52 am

6. I woke up this morning and someone had removed my tonsils and cut off my foot, and I’m not even diabetic!

Good to see someone putting heat on my local reps, P. Nobody here will do so unless they have ‘R’ after their name. And then they’ll go out of their way to find something, and if that fails they make it up.

Comment by Houston Native (b90bc6) — 8/17/2009 @ 8:03 am

7. I should not be receiving this praise; I had a *lot* of help on this. Anonymous help to be sure, but hugely, hugely significant help that can’t be overstated. A phrase about a silver platter comes to mind.

Comment by Patterico (7ed1fb) — 8/17/2009 @ 8:11 am

8. So much for your vacation, huh, Patterico?

Comment by DR. JD (b537f4) — 8/17/2009 @ 8:21 am

9. 7 always classy kudos Patterico

Comment by EricPWJohnson (40a8c4) — 8/17/2009 @ 8:26 am

10. Congrats on the traffic and the national attention.

Maybe now the rest of the media will follow up on how this Obama Delegate from the same town as Lee claims to have never met her.

Having done computer work for both the county dems and the state dems here in colorado (small company. 1 R, 1 L working for the D’s), I can attest to what an incestuous network they are.

The chances that someone within the system, and within the same city, with enough clout to go to the convention “has never met” Lee before is LUDICROUS!

From Obama on Down, the Democrat party has become a three ring circus, stage managed, with the state run media as the Barkers and carny operators inside and outside the tent.

The whitefaced joker poster fits, not because of the “batman” reference but because he, and the rest of his administration, are clowns.

Comment by MaaddMaaxx (a9973b) — 8/17/2009 @ 8:36 am

11. I’m sure MSM will show every bit as much interest in this story they did in revealing John Edwards relationship to Ms Hunter. Right after they smear Shara Palin again.

Comment by Ropelight (6f0b7c) — 8/17/2009 @ 8:53 am

12. Patterico: “I should not be receiving this praise; I had a *lot* of help on this. Anonymous help to be sure, but hugely, hugely significant help that can’t be overstated. A phrase about a silver platter comes to mind.”

Class, pure class!

Comment by GM Roper (85dcd7) — 8/17/2009 @ 8:54 am

13. I would put odds that Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee already knew the woman from before. The woman has been active in democratic politics, and was there with another big Obama organizer who Rep. Lee knew. How could Rep. Lee not know who the woman really was? It was a plant.

Comment by Ray (3c46ca) — 8/17/2009 @ 8:58 am

14. I read you every day, man, every day. Number three on my blogroll. You cover issues from your unique legal perspective, using your analytical skills to paint people into a box. I love it!

Comment by Chris (d098d0) — 8/17/2009 @ 8:58 am

15. Patterico, they’re ready now to take an impression of your laptop on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Comment by Official Internet Data Office (73f32b) — 8/17/2009 @ 9:03 am

16. #7 Patterico: You would not have had that help were you not the no-nonsense, straight shooter that you are.

Well done, and thanks to your anonymous tipsters as well.

Comment by EW1(SG) (edc268) — 8/17/2009 @ 9:17 am

17. Congratulations, Patterico. You are sooo good.

Comment by MayBee (c0e046) — 8/17/2009 @ 9:19 am

18. Wow! A citation by Hannity. You should be so proud.

Along with heroes like Jessie Lee Peterson, Dog the bounty hunter, Hal Turner, Dick Morris….
    come to think of it Hannity’s not good enough for you. Fine reporting work thrown down the well by Hannity’s partisan hackiness. That’s a shame.

Comment by timb (449046) — 8/17/2009 @ 11:45 am

19. I’m still finding the Democrat excuses for their own dishonesty quite hilarious.

No principles at all, evidently.

Comment by SPQR (5811e9) — 8/17/2009 @ 12:02 pm

20. Comment by SPQR — 8/17/2009 @ 12:02 pm

Almost as hilarious as reading timb’s comments…
    but then, timb v democRats…how do you separate the two?

Comment by AD - RtR/OS! (a26a7a) — 8/17/2009 @ 12:09 pm

21. I’ve been coming here for a while because I feel like I get a lot of great info. Thanks for the good work and congratulations on the growth of your blog.

Comment by KingShamus (4fabb2) — 8/17/2009 @ 12:21 pm

22. Our esteemed host wrote:

For some bloggers, over 100,000 page views is a good hour.

And for some bloggers, over 100,000 page views is a good year.

Comment by The blogger Dana (3e4784) — 8/17/2009 @ 1:09 pm

23. Hey Patterico, is that you in the top right hand corner? Just wondering. :)

Comment by BT (78b929) — 8/17/2009 @ 1:46 pm

24. Oops, I meant top left hand corner. Someday I will even get out of first grade!!!

Comment by BT (78b929) — 8/17/2009 @ 1:52 pm

25. BT – How positively racist of you ;-)

Comment by JD (5ea885) — 8/17/2009 @ 1:54 pm

26. AD, timb is nothing but a walking bile duct.

Comment by SPQR (5811e9) — 8/17/2009 @ 2:01 pm

27. Congrats on the good press and the traffic. Given the 561 hits on my [object], that’s total, not in one day, I’m a little bit jealous. Not that this is a shameless plug for my [object] or anything. I would never do [object].

Comment by Bru (d0d3f0) — 8/17/2009 @ 2:20 pm

28. Comment by SPQR — 8/17/2009 @ 2:01 pm

Well, there are useful bile ducts;
    and then, there is timb.

Comment by AD - RtR/OS! (a26a7a) — 8/17/2009 @ 2:43 pm

29. Great work.. props to you and your loyal tipster. Many people got a new look at teh Chicago thug’s tactics.

Comment by Vermont Neighbor (fd2bc3) — 8/18/2009 @ 12:33 am

30. I’m one of the 100K new visitors you had last week. I did know about your blog already because of some of my academic research on political blogs.

I’d perhaps visited a few times in the last 3-4 years. I’ll be visiting a lot more frequently in the future.

Comment by starling (827b98) — 8/18/2009 @ 3:18 am