2/19/2009

Pledge Drive: No, It’s Not What You Think

Filed under: General — Patterico @ 7:28 am

I don’t want your money. I want you to recruit more readers.

I’d like every single person who reads this post to think of 1-5 readers who might enjoy this blog, and e-mail them a link to my recent Year in Review. Links from big blogs have been very sparse lately, and I must depend on grassroots efforts to expand the readership. If you’ve ever thought about contributing financially, do this instead. If you send the link to even one person, that would mean a lot.

Think outside the box: relatives, friends, co-workers, etc. Feel free to include a link to a recent post you enjoyed, and/or to say a few words about why you enjoy the site. But make sure to send them the Year in Review link as well.

If you do this, please leave a comment letting me know you did. And thanks for reading.

1. I’ve put the word out to several of my like-minded friends.

Comment by Eric Blair (ec334b) — 2/19/2009 @ 7:32 am

2. I’ll do just that. Pleased to help.

Comment by Bradley J. Fikes, C.O.R. (0ea407) — 2/19/2009 @ 8:11 am

3. I’ve put the word out to the Los Angeles conservative discussion group I attend that this is a fantastic blog to read. And I’m desperately trying to convince my veryliberal lawyer girlfriend to start reading, but it isn’t going too well.

Comment by h2u (81b7bd) — 2/19/2009 @ 8:12 am

4. Done. I’ll do some more later today too when I get a chance to go through some other email address books.

Comment by Stashiu3 (460dc1) — 2/19/2009 @ 8:14 am

5. I’m going to show courage like AG Holder and find 1-5 minority friends to read tis blog.

It’s the least I can do to promote racial equality.

Comment by Steverino (69d941) — 2/19/2009 @ 8:33 am

6. I’ll send it to my conservative friends and relatives.

Comment by aunursa (1b5bad) — 2/19/2009 @ 8:39 am

7. Done X 8.

Comment by Pablo (99243e) — 2/19/2009 @ 8:49 am

8. Will do so tonight. My pleasure.

Comment by Chris (b886a5) — 2/19/2009 @ 8:57 am

9. I’ll send it to my conservative friends and relatives.

I’ve sent it to my liberal friends and relatives just to annoy them ;-) and to fellow members of our School Site Council and Fire Board who are a bit less liberal.

Comment by Old Coot (7721b8) — 2/19/2009 @ 8:58 am

10. I put a link on my blog.

Comment by Mike (b38929) — 2/19/2009 @ 11:45 am

11. I sent to two of my lunch buddies. Don’t think I have any liberal and/or minority friends. Oh, well.

Comment by PatAZ (9d1bb3) — 2/19/2009 @ 12:31 pm

12. Passed along accordingly, and while my blog is far from big I’ll keep mentioning you there as well!

Comment by Dan G. (d354f8) — 2/19/2009 @ 12:36 pm

13. Done.

Comment by JD (03563c) — 2/19/2009 @ 12:48 pm

14. Glad to forward — keep the great commentary coming! Six good people invited to give it a go here.

Comment by Mike S. (0b72af) — 2/19/2009 @ 1:49 pm

15. Radley Balko’s helping you out with more stuff about Dr. Hayne and Dr. West on his blog. Lots of folks over there would like to know what you have to say about it.

Comment by Rimfax (6e8568) — 2/19/2009 @ 2:55 pm

16. sent…

Comment by DFrosty1 (c8483d) — 2/19/2009 @ 3:09 pm

17. No way, any time anyone says, “think outside the box,” I just shut down. The long meetings where someone shows that damn box on the board and tells you to get creative by, “thinking outside the box,” has taken literally weeks of my life that I will never get back again! Therefore I refuse to let it happen any longer.

Okay, maybe one or two — but you have to apologize for being blatantly and thoughtlessly cliche!
    David

Comment by LifeTrek (d258cb) — 2/19/2009 @ 3:53 pm

18. I tweeted it from @kimsch.

Comment by kimsch (2ce939) — 2/19/2009 @ 3:55 pm

19. I come from a family of Chicago Irish Catholic Democrats and work in higher ed. *sigh*

Comment by Patricia (89cb84) — 2/19/2009 @ 3:56 pm

20. I’ll let my liberal blog friends know this is among the very few conservative blogs that will allow them to play to win.
    Most of them love taking on conservatives mano a mano…but find that usually gets them banned.

Comment by Hax Vobiscum (23258e) — 2/19/2009 @ 4:07 pm

21. You only get banned for being aggressively offensive or dishonest, Hacks.

Comment by JD (03563c) — 2/19/2009 @ 4:11 pm

22. OK, it’s done, to seventeen friends, and a BCC to you. Maybe now I’ll get my Patterico’s Pontifications t-shirt, in XXL, please.

Comment by The Dana who appreciates Patterico's Pontifications (556f76) — 2/19/2009 @ 4:11 pm

23. Our esteemed host wrote:

I don’t want your money.

So, if we did donate, you’d turn it down, right? :)

Comment by The inquisitive Dana (556f76) — 2/19/2009 @ 4:14 pm

24. adj-Dana, you mock me. :P

Anyway, I don’t have an email list, unless you count adj-Dana, but I told momma to tell everyone at work to read my blog, adj-Dana’s blog and Patterico’s blog. I also told my daughter to tell all her soldier-type friends to do the same.

And yes, adj-Dana’s blog and Patterico’s blog is leaps and bounds better than mine. And I told those two that.

Comment by John Hitchcock (fb941d) — 2/19/2009 @ 4:17 pm

25. As soon as I make contact with the secret cell of conservatives at work, I will turn them on to you. Comment by Patricia — 2/19/2009 @ 3:56 pm

Heh. Ditto here. (public ed)…those secret cells are a lifesaver.

Comment by Dana (137151) — 2/19/2009 @ 4:28 pm

26. Artistic Dana, I feel your pain. A local teacher my daughter had in middle school got fired because of supposed events that supposedly happened. The fact he was a good teacher who allowed discussion questioning the evolution hypothesis was the overarching cause for his dismissal. Outrageous claims he was causing physical harm to others was never proven and could never be proven. But his not toeing the liberal line got him fired.

Comment by John Hitchcock (fb941d) — 2/19/2009 @ 4:44 pm

27. I sent to a few liberal journalist friends at the Chicago papers with a “this may not be from your political point-of-view, but … if you want a hard-hitting critique of the LA Times…”

I’ll facebook a few posts as well over the next few days.

Comment by carlitos (6128f3) — 2/19/2009 @ 5:23 pm

28. My mother is starting to read this kind of thing, so I just emailed her and told her this was a great blog she should check out. I also let my wife know about it, but I’ll send her a link tomorrow to make sure she remembers to check it out.

Comment by Juan (4cdfb7) — 2/19/2009 @ 5:50 pm

29. Hmmm, I can’t find my cell. Maybe I don’t know the secret code words…

Comment by Patricia (89cb84) — 2/19/2009 @ 7:02 pm

30. Patrick: Good luck. Just sent this to 25 of my friends:

As all of you you probably know, I am a hopeless conservative. As such I tend to read what I think are well-thought-out blogs, and one of them is called Patterico’s Pontifications. He’s a fellow named Patrick Frey who is an ADA in Los Angeles and, like most conservative lawyers, he writes a damn good blog. Comments from his readers come from all across the political spectrum, so it’s not a one-way street.

Recently he asked readers to send a recommendation to friends, so I am passing along the URL of this page of his website, which is a well-documented summary of how biased the Los Angeles Times has been in its reportage:

Check out his site. I read it daily.

chuck

Comment by dhmosquito (878af1) — 2/19/2009 @ 7:41 pm

31. Dana (4:11 pm) stole my line, but I was going to ask if I get the Patterico coffee mug for a pledge of five friends, and the Patterico DVD — “A Night with Glen Greenwald’s Sock Puppets Moderated by Michael Hiltzik” — for a pledge of twenty friends.

I’ll pass this on to people who I think would appreciate this blog.

Comment by JVW (9e2fdc) — 2/19/2009 @ 11:45 pm

32. Passed on to my normal list of friends and family.

Comment by krusher (b82cca) — 2/20/2009 @ 5:54 am

33. Posted on and sent to friends
    [object]

Comment by GM Roper who wants DRJ back (85dcd7) — 2/20/2009 @ 7:51 am

34. I’ll send the link to my brother, who is a conservative lawyer in LA. You remind me of him anyway, which is probably what attracted me to your blog in the first place.

I’ll also send it to a co-worker of mine, a rare, conservative journalist. Good luck.

Comment by Nancy (247179) — 2/20/2009 @ 8:23 am

35. I know that Nancy—well the comments made by that Nancy—and she rocks the metaphorical house.

Comment by Eric Blair (ec334b) — 2/20/2009 @ 8:27 am

36. Will do.

Comment by sistercat (b989f8) — 2/20/2009 @ 8:38 am

37. Hey Eric! Thanks for the smile.

Comment by Nancy (247179) — 2/20/2009 @ 8:46 am

38. How about, to borrow from Our Gore, “An accurate and easy to repeat Truth”? I always enjoyed your thoughtful posts.

Comment by Eric Blair (ec334b) — 2/20/2009 @ 8:49 am

39. Consider it done!

Comment by vet66 (9d1bb3) — 2/20/2009 @ 9:20 am

40. I fired it off to five of my associates.

Comment by Barsinister (971960) — 2/20/2009 @ 10:30 am

41. Done…since I live in San Francisco, my network is small, but I included some “moderates” (which for the rest of the country means “far left” as well.

Comment by Cankle (8aa31a) — 2/20/2009 @ 11:28 am

42. Did, plus I put it out on Twitter #tcot. Thanks for your continuing efforts. You’re my first read daily.

Comment by ManlyDad (75cbfe) — 2/21/2009 @ 1:25 pm