6/30/2008

June Was a Record Month . . .

Filed under: Blogging Matters — Patterico @ 9:24 pm

. . . for traffic here. We had over half a million page views here in June — easily double the normal month.

june-2008-stats.JPG

You can see from the graph that it’s an outlier and is unlikely to repeat. Still, we may have picked up a couple dozen extra permanent readers somewhere in there, and that’s always good.

And we’re about to pass 10 million page views for the life of the blog, sometime in the next few days.

Thanks for reading, and spread the word!

P.P.S. It’s not even two average days at Hot Air. Speaking of which, did you guys realize that Hot Air’s traffic has significantly surpassed the traffic of Instapundit and Michelle Malkin? I think it might be the most highly trafficked conservative blog there is.

1. You picked me up in June, and I’ll likely stick around…

Comment by TLove (4a03a6) — 6/30/2008 @ 9:30 pm

2. Congratulations!

Just curious though, how is it that you already have 63 visits for Jul 08, 180 page views? East coast time?

Comment by Dana (a61bbb) — 6/30/2008 @ 9:31 pm

3. Yeah, East Coast time.

Comment by Patterico (cb443b) — 6/30/2008 @ 9:32 pm

4. P.S. Just to put it in perspective, my entire month of June was like a couple of days’ worth of traffic at Instapundit.

Just to put it into further perspective, a couple of days’ worth of traffic at your site is about a year’s worth of traffic for my little place. (Lucky I’m not doing mine for the traffic.)

And I’m gonna be spending a lot of time here, assuming I don’t get booted.

Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 6/30/2008 @ 9:34 pm

5. not sure you want me to stick around though.

Comment by TLove (4a03a6) — 6/30/2008 @ 9:36 pm

6. I wonder whether it’s because you had an exclusive that was picked up by AP and the WSJ. Or maybe more. I have not kept up due to CLE. Have you thought about contacting WestLaw to certify this site for CLE?

Comment by nk (11c9c1) — 6/30/2008 @ 9:40 pm

7. CA cle please…ethics preferably.

Comment by TLove (4a03a6) — 6/30/2008 @ 9:40 pm

8. P.S. Just to put it in perspective, my entire month of June was like a couple of days’ worth of traffic at Instapundit.

Just keep telling yourself “Quality, not quantity…”

And at some point, you might start to believe it. :)

And Tlove, please stick around… The regulars are on to me… :)

Comment by Scott Jacobs (d3a6ec) — 6/30/2008 @ 9:41 pm

9. CLE?

Comment by Scott Jacobs (d3a6ec) — 6/30/2008 @ 9:43 pm

10. Just keep telling yourself “Quality, not quantity…”

Shit. I’m in SERIOUS trouble… :-(

Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 6/30/2008 @ 9:44 pm

11. I’ll stick around, but please don’t expect much serious pontificating from me. I prefer a more fun and relaxed atmosphere…

Comment by TLove (4a03a6) — 6/30/2008 @ 9:45 pm

12. #10

Hardly…

They let me stay, don’t they? :)

Hell, even Levi is still around here somewhere…

Comment by Scott Jacobs (d3a6ec) — 6/30/2008 @ 9:46 pm

13. You’re welcome!

Comment by Levi (74ca1f) — 6/30/2008 @ 9:47 pm

14. I’ll stick around, but please don’t expect much serious pontificating from me. I prefer a more fun and relaxed atmosphere…

Then this is the place for you, TLove. But are you over eighteen? Because I’m not talking to you anymore unless you say you are.

Comment by nk (11c9c1) — 6/30/2008 @ 9:49 pm

15. Hehehehe. I am saying that I am over 18.

Comment by TLove (4a03a6) — 6/30/2008 @ 9:50 pm

16. #13

That was the best-timed entrance EVER…

Comment by Scott Jacobs (d3a6ec) — 6/30/2008 @ 9:51 pm

17. #15
    Good… Or else this would end up badly for me… :)

Comment by Scott Jacobs (d3a6ec) — 6/30/2008 @ 9:51 pm

18. congrats.

still, we may have picked up a couple dozen extra permanent readers…

yeah, but some of them are bull goose loonies.

Comment by assistant devil's advocate (b9a85d) — 6/30/2008 @ 9:52 pm

19. ADA
    Who, exactly, are you calling a bull good loon?

Comment by steve miller (e5eca4) — 6/30/2008 @ 9:55 pm

20. but some of them are bull goose loonies

No, Levi’s been here a while… :)

Comment by Scott Jacobs (d3a6ec) — 6/30/2008 @ 9:55 pm

21. I appreciate the opportunity to post.

Thank you.

Comment by jharp (9b1a32) — 6/30/2008 @ 9:58 pm

22. Can Patterico and friends sustain their high quality blogging to maintain their surge?

Comment by Perfect Sense (b6ec8c) — 6/30/2008 @ 10:01 pm

23. #22

No. The surge is a failure…

Comment by Scott Jacobs (d3a6ec) — 6/30/2008 @ 10:03 pm

24. Patrick,

Well done! You know I enjoy your posts and I always benefit from your perspective. I also know how hard you work to make this blog interesting and topical. Thank you.

Comment by DRJ (2ccf5c) — 6/30/2008 @ 10:10 pm

25. That reminds me, where’s my god damn money?

Comment by Levi (74ca1f) — 6/30/2008 @ 10:12 pm

26. oooh…you guys gamble too? Who you got in the Series?

Comment by TLove (4a03a6) — 6/30/2008 @ 10:17 pm

27. What was in octorber?

Comment by Scott Jacobs (d3a6ec) — 6/30/2008 @ 10:18 pm

28. Levi,

He was busy with the Kozinski posts. Does that mean you don’t want to continue our debate? It seems like a long time ago but I’m game if you are.

Comment by DRJ (2ccf5c) — 6/30/2008 @ 10:18 pm

29. I thought you were going double or nothing. Was I wrong? You can’t be civil and substantive and refrain from misrepresenting someone else’s view for 10 posts?

Comment by Patterico (cb443b) — 6/30/2008 @ 10:23 pm

30. Hey Patterico, are you that DA that wanted to go out after we convicted those two defendants on drug charges when I served jury duty 2 years ago?

Comment by TLove (4a03a6) — 6/30/2008 @ 10:27 pm

31. I better not be, or my wife will have my head.

Comment by Patterico (cb443b) — 6/30/2008 @ 10:31 pm

32. Just checking. He was kinda cute.

Comment by TLove (4a03a6) — 6/30/2008 @ 10:32 pm

33. No ring or ring tan though, so you’re safe.

Comment by TLove (4a03a6) — 6/30/2008 @ 10:32 pm

34. I think that translates to “I plead the fifth…”

Comment by Scott Jacobs (d3a6ec) — 6/30/2008 @ 10:33 pm

35. Congratulations, Patrick!

I may hang out here for a bit. I read Volokh a lot, but things over there started to get crazy (did anyone else notice that?) in the past few months. So you may be stuck with me.

By the way, you may want to pick up your $5 from Scott Jacobs and TLove. ;)

Comment by bridget (e8e4c8) — 6/30/2008 @ 11:17 pm

36. Levi,

I said probably 20 times in that thread I’m ready for phase two. The last two posts in that thread are him asking me to state clearly for the 21st time if you ever got my position right, and me telling him yes. The ball is in your court.

Comment by Levi (74ca1f) — 6/30/2008 @ 11:42 pm

37. Congratulations! As for the July hits, it’s not east coast time. The list is compiled by Diebold, and we all know how that goes.

Almost time for you to sell out and reap that fake internet revenue.

Comment by Apogee (366e8b) — 6/30/2008 @ 11:44 pm

38. Congratulations! The traffic is well deserved. You consistently have a very interesting blog with a wide variety of well-researched topics.

Best wishes,
    Laura

Comment by Laura (d8d6e7) — 7/1/2008 @ 12:22 am

39. Been a reader for a while. Happy to see your site getting more and more attention. Keep up the great work.

BTW, what do you use to track you stats and create those graphs?

Comment by Duane Lester (ef0a34) — 7/1/2008 @ 5:38 am

40. Strictly from an election perspective, what is HuffPo . . .

Comment by Vermont Neighbor (31ccb6) — 7/1/2008 @ 8:12 am

41. what is HuffPo . . .

Huffington Post, a site run by failed Gubernatorial candidate and Limousine Liberal Ariana Huffingpaint, and her ilk.

Comment by Drumwaster (5ccf59) — 7/1/2008 @ 8:26 am

42. Drumwaster, so true! Actually Arianna does a good job for her band of ruffians and miscreants. She’s taken that thing from 0-60 pretty fast. I just wondered what those readership tallies might be… and Democratic Underground, etc.

Comment by Vermont Neighbor (31ccb6) — 7/1/2008 @ 10:13 am

43. Vermont Neighbor,

She’s doing something right (well, not that right, the other right)…

Still, with their essays on Obama resembling the writing equivalence of a young’un desperately attempting to sound profound, its sort’ve a puzzler…

“Change is seeping into our consciousnesses and Hope is entering our lives like amber rays dispelling the murk of a drugged sleep, the one which we endured so helplessly, so long.”

Comment by Dana (a61bbb) — 7/1/2008 @ 10:45 am

44. Thanks, Dana. I’ll click in. Sometimes I think Arianna changed sides just to get back at her husband who uh, also changed sides (sort of).

Whew… that is pretty grisly. “A drugged sleep.” I always thought Huffpo readers enjoyed that aboard a yacht. You know, like the Geffen or the Soros.

Comment by Vermont Neighbor (31ccb6) — 7/1/2008 @ 11:50 am

45. VN – I think the proper phrase is “switched teams”.

Homophobe.

Comment by JD (75f5c3) — 7/1/2008 @ 11:54 am

46. Actually, a marriage got rocked. Didn’t think Arianna knew about this till the end. But his personal preference ain’t my biz, for sure.

I don’t think this observation means homophobe. …

Comment by Vermont Neighbor (31ccb6) — 7/1/2008 @ 12:10 pm

47. Here’s the link to the entire sordid essay on O at Huff Po

Its good for a laugh – except when you stop dead in your tracks realizing not only might O get elected but following him will be millions of these dimwits worshipping their new deity…and then writing about him. If this is a preview, its not going to be pretty.

Comment by Dana (a61bbb) — 7/1/2008 @ 12:12 pm

48. ^ More lunch time reading… and thanks!

Comment by Vermont Neighbor (31ccb6) — 7/1/2008 @ 12:15 pm

49. JD and #45,

I just caught up on the other thread so I’m wit’ ya now. I missed teh krazey and all the fun!

Comment by Vermont Neighbor (31ccb6) — 7/1/2008 @ 1:58 pm

50. Congrats. Of course, in four years I’ve gotten fewer visits than you did in May. I taks some solace in the fact that at least 12% of your traffic is from Levi and Leviticus. :)

Heck, you get so many visitors, I had to start using my full name, just to differentiate myself from the other Dana.

Comment by Dana R Pico (556f76) — 7/2/2008 @ 4:41 pm

51. Hey Other Dana, don’t change your sign on – I say keep ‘em guessing (plus your comments make me look good!)

Comment by Dana (a61bbb) — 7/2/2008 @ 4:47 pm