6/29/2006

On the Air with Malkin

Filed under: General — Patterico @ 5:47 pm

I was on the radio today with Michelle Malkin, discussing the disclosure of the Swift anti-terror program by the New York Times and L.A. Times. (Michelle was filling in for John and Ken on KFI 640 AM in Los Angeles.) I got a chance to slam the L.A. Times for its irresponsible decision to publish the story, and its wretched coverage since then.

In other words, it was a blast.

Thanks very much to Michelle for the opportunity.

P.S. Drop me a comment if you heard it.

1. I laughed. I cried.

It became a part of me.

Comment by steve (db6ba8) — 6/29/2006 @ 6:03 pm

2. Never heard of you until today. The only reason we take the Times is for sports, business and comics.

Comment by Robert Bailey (189bc7) — 6/29/2006 @ 7:57 pm

3. steve,

I’m thinking you’re not really a KFI listener.

Robert Bailey,

I barely heard of *myself* until today! But thanks for coming by, and please, keep coming back!

Comment by Patterico (50c3cd) — 6/29/2006 @ 8:41 pm

4. Are you going to organize a protest of the LA Times to coincide with the NY Times protest?

Comment by paul (827a96) — 6/29/2006 @ 9:06 pm

5. Heard a little bit, but my co-workers kept annoying me with work related interruptions.

Congratulations on your arrival. And you scored a twofer no less – a spot on KFI interviewed by the very smart and very sexy Michelle Malkin. Maybe for an encore we can induce the Times to give you another Outside the Tent column.

Comment by TakeFive (efaf5e) — 6/29/2006 @ 10:22 pm

6. You sound somewhat younger than the seasoned prosecutor you come across as in your posts.

Hey! I’m old enough to be the President!

Comment by Patterico (50c3cd) — 6/29/2006 @ 10:24 pm

7. Also like to know about — and encourage — any plans for a LA Times protest.

Comment by Robert (ce3de3) — 6/29/2006 @ 10:26 pm

8. I heard you. I came upon MM and you by chance as I was switching away from the morons who do the drive-time show on one of the sports channels. I heard Michelle mention that you would be coming up at the end of the hour so I stuck around for it. I think you did a great job giving people an idea of what Patterico Pontifications is all about, and hopefully we will have some new commenters here because of it.

Comment by JVW (d667c9) — 6/29/2006 @ 10:33 pm

9. Hey! I’m old enough to be the President!

Yes, but there’s a precedent for super-young presidents to be slick-looking womanizers. … Well?

JVW, aren’t we good enough for you any more? I’m crushed.

Comment by Anwyn (01a5cc) — 6/29/2006 @ 10:37 pm

10. seeing somebody refer to michelle malkin as “very sexy” was the comic payoff for clicking on this thread. sir, i wish you a threesome with her and ann coulter too!

Comment by assistant devil's advocate (79b46d) — 6/30/2006 @ 1:14 am

11. JVW, aren’t we good enough for you any more? I’m crushed.

I am just greedy enough to hope we get a few more commenters with the wit and good sense of Anywn in here.

Comment by JVW (d667c9) — 6/30/2006 @ 9:23 am

12. sir, i wish you a threesome with her and ann coulter too!

A threesome with these two?!

Daymn! Wish harder!!!

Comment by TakeFive (2bf7bd) — 6/30/2006 @ 11:11 am

13. I thought it was great. Had not heard of you until yesterday. I cancelled the LA Times a few years ago. At the time, MANY people were cancelling. They barely put up a fight when I called to cancel. They asked me why, and I told them that I was tired of the LA Times of not reporting the WHOLE story, of leaning so far left that they were about to fall out of their chair, and that every stance they took was exactly the opposite of my views. It felt really good to tell them how I felt, and felt better not writing them a check each month. And since I live in Orange County, the OC Register suits me perfectly.

BTW – I will now be bookmarking your site. Love it.

Comment by decypher44 (474437) — 6/30/2006 @ 11:32 am

14. [...] But some of the folks whom he carries water for are not quite so cleverly subtle. Let’s start with Michelle Malkin, whom Patterico correctly says we have a particular animus toward. Patterico has defended Malkin on repeated occasions from lefty attacks, and has happily touted his association with her several times. All of which is well and good. But for someone who thinks it’s “crazy” to believe there is a widespread media conspiracy to help the enemy, Patterico sure did pick an odd horse to hitch his wagon to. [...]

Pingback by Sadly, No! » Fair is Fair (d83a19) — 2/5/2007 @ 5:01 am